9 minutes ago, jrhudson311 said:

My memory escapes me here but upon release are there typically more available to buy outright?

And since it's a web exclusive item, it tends to get pricier too upon release.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I think it was already like that on it promo pics. I rather have them glittery like the rest of the 31's. Because I really hate the glittered canopy on the 31's. Now I just need it for the 31A for consistency sake. :wacko:

Oh I know the promo pics were like that but that's no guarantee the final product will have it. But it looks like Bandai kept the clearer canopy for the final release.

It'd be nice if they carried it over to the remaining 31s, even if it's inconsistent with previous releases. I already have a bunch of inconsistent canopies with the VF-1s. :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Oh I know the promo pics were like that but that's no guarantee the final product will have it. But it looks like Bandai kept the clearer canopy for the final release.

It'd be nice if they carried it over to the remaining 31s, even if it's inconsistent with previous releases. I already have a bunch of inconsistent canopies with the VF-1s. :rolleyes:

True that. :lol:

2 hours ago, spanner said:

I thought I read someone saying they got dispatch notice from CDJ.. I ordered my three from them but haven't got any notification regarding shipping.. ffs

I don’t think you read it here.  I’ve been waiting for my three as well.

5 hours ago, enphily said:

Some translation:

-Base colour comes straight from unpainted plastic. which results in glossier feel (or more toy like) than the other 31.

-Still uses the same battery charger like the delta squad, despite not carry the funnel shield, no missiles means disappointment.

-He didn't notice the canard is bigger than the special 31 thou.

-Chest Fold carbon is obvious different than the delta's 31.

-Should you buy it? If you really like the 31A's design, but don't have the skill to build hasegawa, buy this one right now. The price is already going up in Japan (due to tamashii never does re-print). But if you have the patient, you might want to wait because obviously bandai wants more money, and there's a good chance they will do another release with Arad's insignia sometime in the future. 

3 hours ago, spanner said:

I thought I read someone saying they got dispatch notice from CDJ.. I ordered my three from them but haven't got any notification regarding shipping.. ffs

59 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I don’t think you read it here.  I’ve been waiting for my three as well.

Previous page. ;) 

15 hours ago, WaferMouse said:

Suddenly I feel guilty for being the harbinger of Big Fold Carbon.

Also, despatch note from CDJ :D

Huh?? I thought the Kairos canopy cover is supposed to be clear like Messers (according to the promo pic posted by @IXTL), however I guess that Bandai decided to make it a universal yellow/light amber colour instead.. :unsure:

Edit: The numbering is different as well.

Edited by borgified

32 minutes ago, borgified said:

Huh?? I thought the Kairos canopy cover is supposed to be clear like Messers (according to the promo pic posted by @IXTL), however I guess that Bandai decided to make it a universal yellow/light amber colour instead.. :unsure:

Edit: The numbering is different as well.

The clear canopy pic is of the Hasegawa kit. It's to show how the DX has an extra tiny fold crystal that isn't supposed to be there.

The more pictures i see of this thing the more i like it. So wish i had mine now! :( The only tiny negative nit pick i can give the 31 is the rear landing gear design. It looks like it has mud flaps. I get that it works and is part of the design but i would have liked a more conventional rear landing gear. But it's such a small issue i'm not even that bothered. Looks great in the diorama and with armaments.

5 hours ago, IXTL said:

The clear canopy pic is of the Hasegawa kit. It's to show how the DX has an extra tiny fold crystal that isn't supposed to be there.

Yeah, bandai didn't want to retool the nose,  and guess they only retool area's they cant get paint over, such as the fold carbon collars... 

I thk the 31A would look quite cool with smoked canopies instead of gold, but guess bandai didnt want to fuss abt the canopies.....

17 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You guys seem to forget the other basic Macross stand everyone needs. ^_^

New-1-PC-Clear-Plastic-Plate-Stands-Bowl-Plate-Display-Stands-Picture-Frame-Stand-Easel-Pedestal.jpg_640x640.jpg.f98cc1ab5c6c29367d7e3c5a1155a5f6.jpg

As for Kairos Super Parts, I rather wait for an official one. And for sure there will be. ;)

The picture frame holder i had didnt have a long enough back, so the top of the valk felt like toppling over. Naturally the 31 is a long bird...
I think i shall resume my search for a more stable one, perhaps in ikea...thks for the reminder!:p

Have yet to jump on the 31 wagon. Thought about it for several releases and even participated in some of the insanity around preorders. The CF one is the one I wish I had paid closer attention to. I like it way more than any of the hero options this go around.