Woohoo pics! I tot there was another pre-order going on seeing how this thread is now LIT.

The eye looks a little too flat/circular compared to the headshot on the box? perhaps its the angle...

DYYF9oFVAAAqiPZ.thumb.jpg.7a732354dc5eadf68a82a25c5d2a6c1b.jpg

DYX2g1fVwAAAvYv.jpg.90b186d87b7a65bc8b4c7f5f736c1b6d.jpg

Seems like the hollowness of the eye is somehow forming an obvious ring in the visor...

DYYrGyNUMAAsYcP.thumb.jpg.01d558e3d9c4a40ef0ae5d519901a5aa.jpg

Edited by seti88

10 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Partially.  I wonder if the chest parts don't fit because of the larger stabilizers in the front though.  Doesn't look like there's any reason not to.

I think it's because of the Fold Carbon something based from that twitter post.

しかし肩のフォールドカーボンが邪魔して、胸用のアーマーは装着できないみたいです

Google Translate:
However, the fold carbon of the shoulder disturbs and it seems that armor for chest can not be worn

'邪魔' means hindrance by itself. So instead of 'disturbs', it meant 'hindrance'.

Edited by no3Ljm

1 minute ago, seti88 said:

Woohoo pics! I tot there was another pre-order going on seeing how this thread is now LIT.

The eye looks a little too flat/circular compared to the headshot on the box? perhaps its the angle...

Probably, it's because of the detail inside (camera eye) that's making it look flat on certain angle. 

6 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

I think it's because of the Fold Carbon something based from that twitter post.

The question if super parts would attach is answered! And the answer is yes except the chest piece....

I guess the width of the fold carbons are too large as we discussed before...

Yeah, I was just comparing the photos here with my Messer and the Fold Carbon bits are definitely wider.  That means super and armor parts will have to be re-worked if they're going to fit.

Edited by Mommar

36 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Yeah, I was just comparing the photos here with my Messer and the Fold Carbon bits are definitely wider.  That means super and armor parts will have to be re-worked if they're going to fit.

And it's not just wider. The VF-31A's Fold Carbon splits into two halves where one half lays flat on the side of the neck area whereas the regular 31's doesn't have. So even if the chest armor fits, the missile rack will not lay flat evenly on that Fold Carbon half. So yeah, Bandai will rework on that IF they decided to release Super or Armored Parts for it.

2 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

And it's not just wider. The VF-31A's Fold Carbon splits into two halves where one half lays flat on the side of the neck area whereas the regular 31's doesn't have. So even if the chest armor fits, the missile rack will not lay flat evenly on that Fold Carbon half. So yeah, Bandai will rework on that IF they decided to release Super or Armored Parts for it.

If it means creating a new small set of mold to milk existing ones, Bandai has a proven track record to do just that. :lol:

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

DYYF9oFVAAAqiPZ.thumb.jpg.7a732354dc5eadf68a82a25c5d2a6c1b.jpg

Seems like the hollowness of the eye is somehow forming an obvious ring in the visor...

DYYrGyNUMAAsYcP.thumb.jpg.01d558e3d9c4a40ef0ae5d519901a5aa.jpg

It looks very surprised in these photos.

Aside from the 31A photo's, am loving the kronos all over again! 

two of em side by side in fighter mode looks awesome! :wub::wub:

also, If bandai sells more 31 valks with pod variations, our wallets will b in trouble!

25 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

i seriously NEED those clear stands in my life for vertical fighter mode displaying!!! Anyone know what they are???!!!! 

19 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yup, the often forgotten basic macross stand!:p

Great pics, which I was able to pickup another one. I see some starting at 28000 on yahoo auctions :vava:

Would def spring for additional pod variations. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

9 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

What do we think the odds are on CF super parts being released?

Maybe I should track down an extra set of messer SP JIC. 

The odds are high on Super Parts.  They made them for the CF 25 as well.  It’s not obvious if they’ll try it with the armor parts but I think it would make sense for them to do it.  The armor is all web exclusive anyway.

Edited by Mommar

4 hours ago, chyll2 said:

Gonna keep telling myself, I dont need a second one. :wub:

Cant wait for @Sanity is Optional missile pod version on his copy of 31A.

I suppose I ought to start priming and painting the inside now.

There's a WIP over on the Workshop subforum, and the models are up on shapeways (no markup) if people want one.

6 hours ago, derex3592 said:

i seriously NEED those clear stands in my life for vertical fighter mode displaying!!! Anyone know what they are???!!!! 

They are menu / booket holders , i got a bunch from Daiso for $1.50 each IIRC. 

7 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Is it just the lighting, or did they get rid of the glitter and give us a more transparent canopy tint? Can't wait to get mine!

I think it was already like that on it promo pics. I rather have them glittery like the rest of the 31's. Because I really hate the glittered canopy on the 31's. Now I just need it for the 31A for consistency sake. :wacko:

6 hours ago, derex3592 said:

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

Yup, the often forgotten basic macross stand!:p

You guys seem to forget the other basic Macross stand everyone needs. ^_^

New-1-PC-Clear-Plastic-Plate-Stands-Bowl-Plate-Display-Stands-Picture-Frame-Stand-Easel-Pedestal.jpg_640x640.jpg.f98cc1ab5c6c29367d7e3c5a1155a5f6.jpg

As for Kairos Super Parts, I rather wait for an official one. And for sure there will be. ;)