15 minutes ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

Ummm...how is this repaint worth 21,000 yen? Weren't the previous three releases cheaper?

Reaction missiles and inflation *shrugs*

The exchange rate is getting worse too (for this if us not in Japan) so these will only continue to get more expensive. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres
a word

This was by far the easiest DX to preorder. 

The preorder madness was not that bad this time around.  Wondering if its more supply or less demand.  I kinda feel/think it may be less demand. 

Was able to cart at hobbysearch, Ordered 1 at amiami, 1 at hlj, 1 at CDJ, and could have ordered at NY, but decided not to well because I already ordered 3.  Keeping the 3 as well, for naked, super, and armor, along with not wanting my hlj account being banned.  Does anyone have any concrete proof on hlj's new cancellation policy?

I dunno, I've canceled more than a few things from HLJ over time. I also buy a lot of stuff too, though. I'm thinking the people who got banned for cancellations probably abused the hell out of their easy cancellation system; they'd preorder lots of stuff from them then cancel when they find it slightly cheaper elsewhere.

All we have is hearsay from one person. And if what they say is true, it still makes HLJ's cancellation policy way more loose than most other shops.

Edited by Lolicon
grammar

10 minutes ago, Vortech said:

This was by far the easiest DX to preorder. 

The preorder madness was not that bad this time around.  Wondering if its more supply or less demand.  I kinda feel/think it may be less demand. 

Was able to cart at hobbysearch, Ordered 1 at amiami, 1 at hlj, 1 at CDJ, and could have ordered at NY, but decided not to well because I already ordered 3.  Keeping the 3 as well, for naked, super, and armor, along with not wanting my hlj account being banned.  Does anyone have any concrete proof on hlj's new cancellation policy?

It was relatively easy at all the shops except NY. Not sure how you are so confident you could have ordered from NY when many of us tried right at opening and got denied.

Anyways, I think the market for these things are pretty consistent, just depends on who is ready for which preorders on any given day. 

Only one person here has reported that a friend of theirs was banned for having more cancellations than purchases. Seems like if you keep it reasonable, shouldn't be an issue. I cancel a lot but I also buy a lot and have never been warned or heard anything from them other than thanks for being such a good customer. 

I canceled my 31-S at HLJ and CDJ with no issues. I don’t think I’ve actually gone through with a P.O. at HLJ in a long time. Their prices are just to high compared to other shops. 

I would say last night pre-ordered madness wasn't that bad, because I was able to secured one from AmiAmi and I have plenty of time at NY, but after I add one to my cart, I forgot that I have to go through the "wheel-of-death" in order to really secure one, then by the time I go through that process and the trouble of not logging in earlier, that's why I lost at the end, even though it generated an order number.

Edited by Valkyrie2008

13 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Dang, the 15th?  I was hoping it would ship after the 21st.

That doesn't necessarily mean that the proxies will get them around that same time, right? So it'll probably take a few days to get to them, then a few days more as they sort and prep.

I wasn't going to get the 31-s. Having well and truly slept on the matter last night, i decided to get one pre ordered when i woke up.  I'll probably have to wear sunglasses when looking at it due to the "questionable" paint scheme. But seeing as my collection is made up of mostly VF-S and A types i guess the 31-S and A Kairos both have their place in my collection. Plus i just picked up a 25s, 25a and a vf-1a too.  So i'm all about the fodder flyers and valks with emblems on them by looks of it. Not how i thought my collection would go but i kind of like the way it is evolving. Still a few on the hit list to get.

3 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

I wasn't going to get the 31-s. Having well and truly slept on the matter last night, i decided to get one pre ordered when i woke up.  I'll probably have to wear sunglasses when looking at it due to the "questionable" paint scheme. But seeing as my collection is made up of mostly VF-S and A types i guess the 31-S and A Kairos both have their place in my collection. Plus i just picked up a 25s, 25a and a vf-1a too.  So i'm all about the fodder flyers and valks with emblems on them by looks of it. Not how i thought my collection would go but i kind of like the way it is evolving. Still a few on the hit list to get.

I'm sure your wallet will evolve too. Hope it's not something scary in the end. :rolleyes:

:lol:

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

True. I'm actually considering one with Y27000 price tag last night after the PO madness but I know I have upcoming PO's that needed to get paid soon. And thinking if I really do need a second one for that matter. If I do, then I have to sell my second 31J just to move funds. And not sure at this point if anyone still wants a 31J. I know it will end up $310-320 including proxy and shipping but yeah it still beats other prices out there.

I definitively still wanting a 31J Hayate, maybe we can do some business :D   

2 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

Haha no doubt. Thankfully the list has a lot crossed off. Just a few rare and odd valks to grab now.

Actually, I was wishing that the next series' Valks will look ugly (for me) so that I'm not incline to collect it. I don't mind if it's going to have a great story compared to Delta but if the Valk doesn't look nice to me, I'll skip it so that my wallet won't need defibrillator for non-stop purchasing. :lol:

1 minute ago, Alex GS said:

I definitively still wanting a 31J Hayate, maybe we can do some business :D   

Hey Alex. Sure! Thanks for letting me know. Let me check the merchandise this weekend. Will take some photos of it. And if it's to your liking let's do business. And it's Hayate's first 31J ok. Not the Kai. ;)

Hope that you're US-based too. ^_^

18 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Actually, I was wishing that the next series' Valks will look ugly (for me) so that I'm not incline to collect it. I don't mind if it's going to have a great story compared to Delta but if the Valk doesn't look nice to me, I'll skip it so that my wallet won't need defibrillator for non-stop purchasing. :lol:

That's pretty much Macross 7 for me and to an extent Delta. I skipped all of mac 7's valks because i'm not digging the styles (apart from the vf-11c) I have "only" got 5 of the delta ones. I'll class that as a lucky escape :lol:

20 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Alex. Sure! Thanks for letting me know. Let me check the merchandise this weekend. Will take some photos of it. And if it's to your liking let's do business. And it's Hayate's first 31J ok. Not the Kai. ;)

Hope that you're US-based too. ^_^

Thanks NoEL much appreciated,  :D

Yes I definitely aiming to get  a normal DX VF 31J ,sure ping me a message when you have opportunity to get some images, and finally yep I'm US based address  ;) 

14 minutes ago, TrickyCustomer said:

That's pretty much Macross 7 for me and to an extent Delta. I skipped all of mac 7's valks because i'm not digging the styles (apart from the vf-11c) I have "only" got 5 of the delta ones. I'll class that as a lucky escape :lol:

Sshh.. It's why I didn't mention Mac7 in the first place because that's what I meant. :ph34r:

Though, just so you know, I bought VF-11C and VF-19P just for its color for future customization. ;)

8 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

Thanks NoEL much appreciated,  :D

Yes I definitely aiming to get  a normal DX VF 31J ,sure ping me a message when you have opportunity to get some images, and finally yep I'm US based address  ;)

Will do sir! Thanks! ;)

23 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Sshh.. It's why I didn't mention Mac7 in the first place because that's what I meant. :ph34r:

Though, just so you know, I bought VF-11C and VF-19P just for its color for future customization. ;)

Will do sir! Thanks! ;)

Funnily enough, i'm watching Mac 7 atm. Kinda looked the other way on that series :rolleyes: The VF-11c is big bucks these days. I'm still hunting for a 11b .

1 hour ago, TrickyCustomer said:

That’s a shame.  The 19F looks great on the shelf and it’s a real draw when people look at the collection.

4 minutes ago, Mommar said:

That’s a shame.  The 19F looks great on the shelf and it’s a real draw when people look at the collection.

The 19 Kai? I'm sure it is esp with those Speaker Pods. But as much as I love the 19 design I'm not a big fan of the 'face' and it's too red for my taste. I know I love Valks that have red and black but if it's too much red,  I back out. ^_^

46 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

The 19 Kai? I'm sure it is esp with those Speaker Pods. But as much as I love the 19 design I'm not a big fan of the 'face' and it's too red for my taste. I know I love Valks that have red and black but if it's too much red,  I back out. ^_^

it took me a while to get use to the RED :wacko: but now that I've owned one for quite some time now its grown on me substantially! Doesn't help that the VF-19 are one of my all time fav's! after the VF-1 of course.. ;)

50 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

No, the 19F.  Navy Blue with white stripes.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Don't worry I'm a 19 fan, too right! i have the Arcadia version. I just don't like the style of the valks in mac 7 for some reason. Maybe they are a little "too" cartoony for my liking.  It's the only series i can't appreciate fully compared to everything else. But i respect it enough to give it a watch ^_^

Edited by TrickyCustomer