14 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I think it could still give a good estimate because it doesn't matter that it wasn't everyone from here...just the earliest order number to the last

Thanks! that's pretty quick...what was the time?

I'm not so sure about that because most people don't make it to the finish line to see an order number...I know I was on the last step to "create order" and that's when I got a different sold out notice without ever seeing an order number. The notice @Valkyrie2008 got was after you complete everything and pretty much have the feeling of success until you don't. The only thing is there can be other oders created in between that aren't for the same item but within those few seconds, I think the numbers will still be a good measurement at least for me.

yeah, now that I'm no longer on preorder rush, your reasoning makes perfect sense.  

19 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Thanks @no3Ljm!  I still alive, I also have a backlog of photoshoots I need to do.   Monster Hunter World has been taking up all my free time lately.  :D

Wait. What?! You told me you were busy with work. Hahaha! :lol:

6 minutes ago, brouken said:

Well, I hung around NY to see what else would come up for pre-order and lo and behold the Zeta Plus was there! Pre-ordered it and combined it with my 31s pre-order since both have the same release date. Great times!

Ah, makes sense now!

11 minutes ago, seti88 said:

50 might just cover macrossworld folks...we dont have visibility of others esp CHINA collectors...:p

but then again it might just be us....:lol:

It explains why they sell out so quick! I'm going to assume the other shops have the same amount available and the total number may be double so each shop gets around 100 for preorder and that explains why NY always has stock at release date and beyond and how their pricing structure works. Of course, none of this is confirmed but based on my understanding and calculations, it seems viable.

1 hour ago, Valkyrie23 said:

Wow I didn't realize people here wanted multiples of the 31S. I mean it is a S model but a sort of fruity variant. The 31F always seemed like the real S type to me from Macross Delta that looked like the meanest variant, haha.

Variable Fruit - Thirty One Strawberry variant.

Honestly I just needed someone to hang the armour on.

1 hour ago, Valkyrie23 said:

Wow I didn't realize people here wanted multiples of the 31S. I mean it is a S model but a sort of fruity variant. The 31F always seemed like the real S type to me from Macross Delta that looked like the meanest variant, haha.

37 minutes ago, WaferMouse said:

Variable Fruit - Thirty One Strawberry variant.

Honestly I just needed someone to hang the armour on.

Sounds like the two of you are discussing about Kamen Rider Gaim where the armours are fruit based. :p Would love to pre-order Arad's valk right now; however my wallet needs a breather.

56 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Ah, makes sense now!

It explains why they sell out so quick! I'm going to assume the other shops have the same amount available and the total number may be double so each shop gets around 100 for preorder and that explains why NY always has stock at release date and beyond and how their pricing structure works. Of course, none of this is confirmed but based on my understanding and calculations, it seems viable.

NY's pricing is especially good when it comes to DX releases.   

30 minutes ago, orindlt said:

Looks like AmiAmi might lose their reputation of "blink and you'll miss it" preorders.

Pre-order madness, in this case, is now at N-Y.  And probably will continue to be for remaining delta DX releases.

That being said, i still wont wait for N-Y if i can get it somewhere else first tho....its a gamble and i wont have peace of mind throughout the wait....

no. NY already stopped the practice of getting stocks from other stores while slowly creeping the price.

NY practice is that they offer best price on what they can get while there is a conspiracy that they keep some to be sold later at mark up. Next time it will be available is at release date which can either be at PO price (for unpopular product) or with small price increase in between batches

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Need three so I can have one regular, one super, and one armored. :rolleyes:

Are you going all the way with that?  Full squad with no packs, full squad with Supers, plus the nutty lineup in the movie with the five in Armor, Lil Draken Hayasser, and Mirage 262?

13 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Are you going all the way with that?  Full squad with no packs, full squad with Supers, plus the nutty lineup in the movie with the five in Armor, Lil Draken Hayasser, and Mirage 262?

I'm prepared if additional characters have armor packs besides Arad and Chuck. The other stuff have not even been announced. 

12 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I'm prepared if additional characters have armor packs besides Arad and Chuck. The other stuff have not even been announced. 

The only other additional Armors we’re aware of are the three 31A’s accompanying Arad and Chuck.

Wow, I wasn't honestly expecting these to sell out so quickly. Thankfully, CDJapan still had them up a few minutes ago. Paid a bit more than I would have liked, but at least it's locked in now.

I was literally one button cllick away from getting my pre-order done with NY this morning, but then came a dredded pop-up telling me the item is no longer available.

Had to revert to CDJapan now, not the cheapest and I still have custom fees to deal with.

34 minutes ago, Mommar said:

The only other additional Armors we’re aware of are the three 31A’s accompanying Arad and Chuck.

I'll pick up a Kairos armor pack if Bandai releases one. I don't need three completely identical cannon fodders units, though, all with the same modex number.

19 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

I'll pick up a Kairos armor pack if Bandai releases one. I don't need three completely identical cannon fodders units, though, all with the same modex number.

I'm getting three, maybe a fourth.  Someone mentioned an Arad version.  Would be cool but the TV show is so far back now I can't see that happening unless Bandai just wants another thing to reuse the mold on.  And another Macross show is due out soon anyway so it's not like they have a release schedule to fill like with Frontier.

17 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I'm getting three, maybe a fourth.  Someone mentioned an Arad version.  Would be cool but the TV show is so far back now I can't see that happening unless Bandai just wants another thing to reuse the mold on.  And another Macross show is due out soon anyway so it's not like they have a release schedule to fill like with Frontier.

I'll get an Arad 31A if one comes along.

The only armor packs I'm certain will get a release are Arad's and Chuck's. Will have to wait and see on the cannon fodder version.

I only have 2x Kairos ordered, as this was long before the armor reveal. If they release one, I'll have to hunt down a third Kairos.

Cancelled my order at cdj. Just going to pickup the orders from NY and AmiAmi. 

Just one more VF, 3 Super Parts, and 3 Armor Parts to go.  I’ll only get one each of the accessories though. 

Good morning everyone! Congrats for securing Arad's DX VF-31S last night. :good:^_^ 

Just a heads up to anyone who still wants or looking for a DX VF-31J Kai, YJA is now flooded with it by lottery winners. Prices range from Y27000 to Y35000. Remember that there's additional proxy fee and shipping fee involve. Good luck. Happy bidding. ;) 

27000 isn’t too bad. I’ve seen some entrepreneurs trying to sell them for 350-400 USD plus shipping. Can beat that easily using yahoo auctions with proxy fees and shipping. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

37 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

27000 isn’t too bad. I’ve seen some entrepreneurs trying to sell them for 350-400 USD plus shipping. Can beat that easily using yahoo auctions with proxy fees and shipping. 

True. I'm actually considering one with Y27000 price tag last night after the PO madness but I know I have upcoming PO's that needed to get paid soon. And thinking if I really do need a second one for that matter. If I do, then I have to sell my second 31J just to move funds. And not sure at this point if anyone still wants a 31J. I know it will end up $310-320 including proxy and shipping but yeah it still beats other prices out there.

1 hour ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

Ummm...how is this repaint worth 21,000 yen? Weren't the previous three releases cheaper?

Price increase, my friend. Price increase. Labor. Materials. Etc. Etc. That's how it is. Everything is going up. And I don't think this trend is going down. By now, we shouldn't be surprised on how and why this collectibles priced like this. It's either we embraced it or walk out away from it.

Edited by no3Ljm