15 hours ago, brouken said:

Your shots are not too shabby as well Noel! You under Saburo's apprenticeship? :)

How I wish. @Saburo charges a lot for training sessions. Hahaha! :lol: 
(Just kidding, Saburo. ^_^

12 hours ago, Saburo said:

I agree @no3Ljm shots are nice, keep it up brother!

I know I'm not in-par with you guys here when it comes to toy photography. But coming from you means a lot. Thanks man! ^_^

12 hours ago, seti88 said:

Nice psd'ing, looks like real deal! ^_^ Sorta like teasers of SP mixing!

It is, right? It's so nice to mix and match the SP packs on the J and F. I had a great time trying which part of the Super Parts that's going to look right for the J Kai. ;) 

2 hours ago, recon said:

Thanks noel. Damn the black sp on kai looks sexy from the top but the under carriage looks abit overwhelmed in black tones

Actually, I was considering to use at first all the black SP on the 31J Kai. But after inspecting it in all angles, the black kind of dominates it. It makes you forget the blue painted areas. Especially when in side view profile which I forgot to take photos of it. And that's where I started to mix and match the black and blue SP's. You can tell that it becomes more black than blue. This is because the fuselage have more black linings now. Under carriage looks better when I replaced the thigh and arm parts with black armors. I kept the blue arm armor at first but it's too blue for my taste. After that, I checked what's best on the top since it's just the boosters and the chest armor. The only problem for me is the chest armor since from the top it looks ok with the black chest armor part. But once you view it sideview, it's too black. And the fuselage have blue lining so the hard color transition from blue to black it doesn't feel right. I'll probably try to incorporate blue and black to the chest armor if ever just to have a good color transition. ^_^ 

I might end up doing it like this. ;)
gDxjxM0.jpg 

A2YLE0c.jpg 

Z0ZmAif.jpg 

Edited by no3Ljm

Got my KAI from N-Y earlier today, it took them about 6 days from payment to get it shipped out (12/05 paid > 12/11 shipped). I absolutely think it's a nice addition to the DX lineup, but I'm not sure I would feel that way if I had to pay more than the 36500 JPY shipped mine came out to, but as is I'm glad that I made the purchase.  

This one will remain in Fighter mode forever, I may transform my original 31J to match my 31C that's in Battroid.

-b.

15 minutes ago, Guyffon said:

Does the kai comes with super parts? Because NY’s pics show them with it

No, if an official picture has a footnote, it usually says a certain part in the said picture is not included/bought separately. They are just showcasing it. It is the same regular VF-1J (in Kai form) with additional Reactive Missiles (and related mounts)

Edited by chyll2

2 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Wow! Not many people would take their Kai out to dinner! You must really love it! 

Hehe! I think I would have gotten a few rotten looks if I had taken my Valkyrie with me to dinner! :p:lol:

Back home now, she's out of the box and on display! Absolutely love it! :D

20171215_202956.jpg

32 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

even though I know that there are bad and good batches, I cannot get at ease when I saw someone using a flightpose stand.

March or say, April cant come sooner. I cannot relate on the hype on these 31J Kai since I personally dont like the scheme.

I've never had an issue with the flight pose stands.. yes I am aware that they can be quite limiting in terms of pose options but they are simple and easy.. 

I think if Hayate's Valkyrie had this paint scheme from the get go then a lot more ppl would have liked it better. But yes I too cannot wait till April!

Bring on those VF-31A!!!

3 hours ago, Lolicon said:

Yikes! Looks like the price of Hayate's SP have jumped up like I thought they would with the release of the Kai. Now 15k on Mandarake. :wacko:

They doubled in a few months :wacko: I got this one late september brand new for ¥7500 for my Kai even though at the time I didnt even have a PO for it :lol: I figured I could sell it later if I didnt score one. 

https://page.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/j453132459 

6 hours ago, spanner said:

I've never had an issue with the flight pose stands.. yes I am aware that they can be quite limiting in terms of pose options but they are simple and easy.. 

I think if Hayate's Valkyrie had this paint scheme from the get go then a lot more ppl would have liked it better. But yes I too cannot wait till April!

Bring on those VF-31A!!!

I think he's more talking about the possibility they strip paint.

I relly like the fact that the 31’s supers don’t cover up the fighter’s emblems. The design of the 25’s super, armor, and tornado packs are cool and all, but they cover up Ozma’s skull emblem. I wonder if the new 31 armor pack will also end up covering Arad’s emblem? 

2 hours ago, brouken said:

I relly like the fact that the 31’s supers don’t cover up the fighter’s emblems. The design of the 25’s super, armor, and tornado packs are cool and all, but they cover up Ozma’s skull emblem. I wonder if the new 31 armor pack will also end up covering Arad’s emblem? 

I just saw the pic on Mecha-Guy's blog site when you mentioned the Super, Armour and Tornado packs thrown in all together on Osma's Vf-25S and it looks too cluttered. I think that the add-ons to Arad's Valk might be bundled up together and you will have the options to choose which ones that you prefer (hopefully that the sensor array doesn't cover the Skull Emblem; if it does, then most likely that you can have it on display on the side).  

On 15/12/2017 at 3:59 PM, kajnrig said:

For all the hoops that Bandai made people jump through to get these, they sure seem pretty easy to obtain now. :) I'm glad people are able to get these.

Quick tangent: What's the release date of the -31A Kairos again?

Has HLJ or amiami opened their pre-orders for Kairos? It's about the only Delta design I truly love. 

21 minutes ago, raptormesh said:

Has HLJ or amiami opened their pre-orders for Kairos? It's about the only Delta design I truly love. 

No pre-orders through them.

Edited by wmkjr

22 minutes ago, raptormesh said:

The DX Kairos is an exclusive, so you'll need a proxy seller like NY, Anime Export, etc...

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/22661-macross-delta-dx-chogokin-vf-31a-kairos-regular-limited-edition.html

Release date is end of March.

Edited by Tober