Thats why i used buyee.jp svc cos after factoring in additional protection packaging and ems shipping and service fees, it only cost me 6500 yen. They even took pics of the packaging before moving to shipping charges based on the shipping method

34 minutes ago, recon said:

Thats why i used buyee.jp svc cos after factoring in additional protection packaging and ems shipping and service fees, it only cost me 6500 yen. They even took pics of the packaging before moving to shipping charges based on the shipping method

Buyee charges the same fees as From Japan but they charge more; on top of that they charge a 5% auction fee AND a currency conversion fee. Buyee is legit one of the most expensive proxies you can use. 

2 hours ago, wmkjr said:

1340 domestic delivery + 200 payment fee + 700 plan fee + 5044yen EMS= Charge 2

Ok. Now it's clear. So all the fees are included. That Y7100 for EMS earlier kinda threw me off. I thought it was just EMS only without the other fees. So I thought, plus fees it might round up to Y9000 for the Charge 2. ^_^ 

45 minutes ago, Mommar said:

So what is the total everybody has been paying between the various odd outlets we've had to scramble for? Total for me with shipping was $308.  I don't have a yen equivalent because I bought it on ebay.

Will let you know once I receive my Charge 2 invoice. But that $308 from eBay is already good I think. I was thinking of buying a second one from his ebay postings prior of you getting one. But I noticed that he increased the rest $20-25 more when he sold a piece. ;)

I'm thinking the black stripe is throwing off people's perceptions of the blue on the two valks.  I recommend looking at the pics of the Super Packs on the Kai.  The blue stripe on the super packs has a black piece sitting right next to it so the packs and Kai have the same sort of arrangement and the blues look identical.  I'll try to take a pic of just the blue without the rest of the valk in the picture to verify but I'm pretty sure the perceived difference is all optical illusion.

51 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Buyee charges the same fees as From Japan but they charge more; on top of that they charge a 5% auction fee AND a currency conversion fee. Buyee is legit one of the most expensive proxies you can use. 

Doesn't fromJapan charge a 5000 Yen fee for each auction, no matter the price? Otherwise I'm switching over to use fromJapan

55 minutes ago, Eslim109 said:

Doesn't fromJapan charge a 5000 Yen fee for each auction, no matter the price? Otherwise I'm switching over to use fromJapan

5000 is only for them to go pick up an order in person. regular shopping and auction fee is 300¥ or 700¥

17 minutes ago, Xigfrid said:

According to this video extract, the Kai's blue has the same Hue as the classic 31J but it is slightly more saturated and darker. This confirms the general consensus that the Kai is darker.

31-kai.jpg

Is the Kai in the shadow of the other in that photo though? Not sure how it affects the color with one being on top of the other.

Edited by Zx31

10 hours ago, wmkjr said:

From the last page, here they are next to each other. Maybe the black gives the illusion of it being darker (like Lolicon's example)?

DQFg97_UIAABH14.jpg

From the video:

5a2651ff83863_Screenshot2017-12-04at21_58_58.png.27d8bce0f67173cb4a060fc0f271d46e.png

I am curious to see if the Kai has a darker shade of blue. 

But most important, stacking Valks!? :o Possibility of Scratches!!! Hopefully he has something between them.  lol

Edited by Saburo

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

So what is the total everybody has been paying between the various odd outlets we've had to scramble for? Total for me with shipping was $308.  I don't have a yen equivalent because I bought it on ebay.

My total is $290 inclusive of auction price, svc fee, extra protective packaging and ems shipping

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Thanks. Didnt know that but i feel their interface is one of the easiest to use. Hopefully i do not have to go through another proxy to get a tamashii exclusive again

50 minutes ago, recon said:

With the debut of delta movie which features the 31 kai and armoured 31s, do you think bandai will release the kai as a regular tamashi exclusive?

Bandai has the 31J/Kai in the Tamashii site for lottery up to February 28. The movie will be released early Feb (9). Beyond that we’re not sure if it’s going to get released as a regular Tamashii Exclusive Item. Probably by then, Bandai is busy preparing Armored VF-31S. ;)

Let’s just hope. 

Edited by no3Ljm

4 minutes ago, Arkham said:

Really sorry to interrupt this "amazing" blue discussion (jk, I love it).... but does this "Kai" version includes the Super Parts, or they have to be bought separately?

Thanks

Separately. It doesn't come with one. Besides the new stripes, the only 'new' thing that comes with this set is the reaction missiles and its pylons. Oh, and it doesn't include a Freyja figure.

To confirm, you can check AlexGS video post from the previous page:

Edited by no3Ljm

14 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Separately. It doesn't come with one. Besides the new stripes, the only 'new' thing that comes with this set is the reaction missiles and its pylons. Oh, and it doesn't include a Freyja figure.

To confirm, you can check AlexGS video post from the previous page:

Aw crap! So there is a reason for me to keep the regular version? Arggggg Bandaiiiii! :D

9 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Aw crap! So there is a reason for me to keep the regular version? Arggggg Bandaiiiii! :D

That's how they get ya.

Or you could plunder the Freyja figure from your 31J and sell it minus Freyja. I'm sure there are peeps out there who could care less about the secondary figure.

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

That's how they get ya.

Or you could plunder the Freyja figure from your 31J and sell it minus Freyja. I'm sure there are peeps out there who could care less about the secondary figure.

Haha, good idea but having incomplete sets drives me insane! Will see how it goes.

8 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha, good idea but having incomplete sets drives me insane! Will see how it goes.

Wait. Why it's going to make you insane? If you sell it to someone who doesn't need Freyja sitting at the back, then it's all good. Nothing to worry about, right? 

Unless, after you sell the figure, you found out that there's no extra seat under the removable cover for Freyja. Then, you're screwed by Bandai. :lol:

My Kai was shipped via Fedex. NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

FedEx Express experienced substantial flight and sort disruptions at the Memphis hub last night due to severe thunderstorms. Potential delays are possible for package deliveries across the U.S. with a delivery commitment of December 5, 2017. FedEx is committed to provide service to the best of our ability. Please continue to check fedex.com for updates.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the eyedrop comparisons of the blue color. In the photo with the VF-31J on top of the Kai, it's simply higher and thus closer to the light source.

The photo of the 2 jets together seems more fair, but even then, they're inches apart. The differences in blue are quite small in that photo, and it could just as likely be chalked up to lighting.

For a true comparison, we should have the 2 jets right next to each other with lighting above both jets. It looks to me, though, that the two jets have the same blue. I mean, think about it. It's Bandai. BANDAI. Does it SOUND like a Bandai thing to do to give a minor repaint a subtly DIFFERENT shade of blue? Or does it sound more like Bandai to release a minor repaint, keep 99% of the production line the same, and add some black stripes and a knight logo?

Just now, Lolicon said:

My Kai was shipped via Fedex. NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

FedEx Express experienced substantial flight and sort disruptions at the Memphis hub last night due to severe thunderstorms. Potential delays are possible for package deliveries across the U.S. with a delivery commitment of December 5, 2017. FedEx is committed to provide service to the best of our ability. Please continue to check fedex.com for updates.

WINSTON!!!

1 minute ago, Lord_Of_Tetris said:

I wouldn't put too much stock in the eyedrop comparisons of the blue color. In the photo with the VF-31J on top of the Kai, it's simply higher and thus closer to the light source.

The photo of the 2 jets together seems more fair, but even then, they're inches apart. The differences in blue are quite small in that photo, and it could just as likely be chalked up to lighting.

For a true comparison, we should have the 2 jets right next to each other with lighting above both jets. It looks to me, though, that the two jets have the same blue. I mean, think about it. It's Bandai. BANDAI. Does it SOUND like a Bandai thing to do to give a minor repaint a subtly DIFFERENT shade of blue? Or does it sound more like Bandai to release a minor repaint, keep 99% of the production line the same, and add some black stripes and a knight logo?

How about we just sit back and relax and wait until someone here really confirms it after they receive theirs? That's like in the next couple of days, yes? ^_^

24 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Wait. Why it's going to make you insane? If you sell it to someone who doesn't need Freyja sitting at the back, then it's all good. Nothing to worry about, right? 

Unless, after you sell the figure, you found out that there's no extra seat under the removable cover for Freyja. Then, you're screwed by Bandai. :lol:

Just ocd regarding what parts are part of what set mainly...And the issue you mention would top it off if so. The stupid thing is I will probably never use the two seat configuration anyways. Collection quirks.

34 minutes ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

I'm colorblind, depending the source of light "sometimes" I confuse some colors!!! 

So it's a moot point to me :lol::lol:

Yeah, I really don't ever care if colors match on war machines. I especially don't care about matching colors to a bunch of online images of items with different lighting and calibrations. Does the toy look good? That's all that matters to me.