18 minutes ago, RealJayDee said:

Idk guys.... besides the Kai being a highly collectable figure... do you really miss it for what hayate represents in macross history??

Most of the time I remember him falling victim of the circumstances, caught in himself, wondering about who knows.

I'll credit his above average skills... but imo he's got to thank Roid's treason for causing Keith's dead. Otherwise he would be Messer 2.0.

What does a Blue and Black Valk with a cool logo have to do with a character in a show?  I don't have to attribute any sort of character trait to the design to enjoy it.

26 minutes ago, Mommar said:

What does a Blue and Black Valk with a cool logo have to do with a character in a show?  I don't have to attribute any sort of character trait to the design to enjoy it.

This is true. But why buy something associated with Hayate? When you can have Mirage? I kid, the VF-31Kai does look sick, but I'm content with the VF-31C, since I can't afford to do as much. 

I dunno what it is. I was so hyped for the VF-31A and now that I have the funds and can buy multiples I ... just don't feel the need to anymore...

All the Master Grade Gundam 0080 and MSV crap I always wanted as a kid suddenly being released might have something to do with it... *shrug*

I guess Passion for a series really does affect purchasing decisions :p

43 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Haha this! I don't hate the show like so many others but the biggest draw to me is Valks and the Skull insignia and the evolution of it appeals to me. I never opened my regular 31J because I'd rather have the Kai but never imagined it would be this much of a pain to get. If I don't end up with one, I guess I'll finally open my regular one. 

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Its not related. In that I agree that there is not a right way to choose valks. We just get the ones  we like, whether its show related or just the looks.

My point is more oriented towards Bandai... why must Hayate be so idolized to justify a super exclusive custom??

Or is it that maybe they think demand wont be enough to release it for general sale??

Again, im not judging anyones likes. :)

I honestly couldn't give two shakes about the paintscheme and logo, I think they should all go back to tail markings and be done with the spine-art.

All I care about is Bandai FINALLY releasing something with some actual external ordinance that I could potentially mount on something, and they decided to lock it behind a freaking convention exclusive/lottery release.  <_< 

21 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

All I care about is Bandai FINALLY releasing something with some actual external ordinance that I could potentially mount on something, and they decided to lock it behind a freaking convention exclusive/lottery release.  <_<

Yup, I didn't get the 31J Kai, but that was the part that made it tempting. Why won't they just release a pack of random hardpoint ordinance?

24 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I honestly couldn't give two shakes about the paintscheme and logo, I think they should all go back to tail markings and be done with the spine-art.

I Prefer tailart as well. I wish the HMR Messer VF-1 had the emblem on the tailfins instead of the spine.

Edited by Slave IV

58 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Haha this! I don't hate the show like so many others but the biggest draw to me is Valks and the Skull insignia and the evolution of it appeals to me. I never opened my regular 31J because I'd rather have the Kai but never imagined it would be this much of a pain to get. If I don't end up with one, I guess I'll finally open my regular one. 

I wouldn't call the Reaper an evolution of the Jolly Roger, that's more fitting to Arad's ride(s). That's part of the reason why I dislike the J Kai, actually. I was already wary of the big fat emblem on the back when Frontier did it, and there it was smart enough to relegate it to only Ozma's 25S. Commanders getting specialized markings, that's fine. Messer... isn't a commander, he's just (ostensibly) really good at flying, and Hayate is even less qualified. There have been plenty of aces in Macross history that didn't get or "deserve" a fancy-pants personalized emblem.

The emblem itself isn't even all that great, the paint scheme that goes with it is still off-putting as often as it is appealing... Bah. I'm being grumpy.

29 minutes ago, RealJayDee said:

My point is more oriented towards Bandai... why must Hayate be so idolized to justify a super exclusive custom??

Or is it that maybe they think demand wont be enough to release it for general sale??

Bit of both, I'd say. Hayate's the "hero" of the show, and they push hero merch because either those tend to sell better or they think those tend to sell better. And it's an exclusive because, yes, it almost assuredly would not sell well if they gave it the same mass production that they gave the J/F/C.

24 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

This, on both statements. Given how many DX Valks are out there, they could even just repackage the VF-171 ordnance as a general purpose weapons pack, and they'd still rake in the dough.

The skull thing for me is purely 1980s F-14 nostalgia.  It wasn't even just that squadron, since I grew up with literal VF-1 Wolfpack F-14 bedsheets, toys in old Sundowners markings, and a VF-84 Flying Fighters F-14 toy.  What really cemented the VF-84 scheme in everyone's memory was probably The Final Countdown, but I have a major weakness for any of the old late 70s high-vis gray and white schemes.  It's not even what I'd call my favorite scheme, it's probably just the most recognizable.

Far as skulls go on their own though?  I could mostly care less.  If they aren't using the original skull design paired with black (and hopefully yellow), they just don't have that same impact.  I was actually rather glad they gave the squadron a different name in Delta, and hope we get more varied group callsigns going forward.

I'm going to tell the God's Honest Truth here, I'm not a fan of the spine art either. To be honest, that sort of graffiti is more an Air Force tradition than a Naval tradition. Naval squadrons typically relegate that sort of thing to squadron markings (Like the Tomcatters of VF-31, or the Sundowners of VF-111). 

Initially when the Kai was announced I was extremely hyped to get it, but after seeing how its being released I lost interests in it. Not sure if it just me accepting that I may not get one. If the opportunity presents itself where I can get a Kai, I will buy it. 

I find myself more excited for the 31A. :D 

Soooo...I have NEVER had my stuff from Japan go through LA before--always has come to Chicago and then down to Texas..NEVER have I waited more than 3 or 4 days for an EMS package to get to me...this time...NY sent it to LA. AND THERE IT STILL SITS!!! WTF???!!! over a week now?! (Referring to my Messer Super Parts) IF i didn't have my own wedding in 2 days I might be slightly pissed right about now...<_<

5 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Initially when the Kai was announced I was extremely hyped to get it, but after seeing how its being released I lost interests in it. Not sure if it just me accepting that I may not get one. If the opportunity presents itself where I can get a Kai, I will buy it. 

That 31a is a sweet piece of lethal machinery.

Im not sure if previous regular variants were so much anticipated.

If you ask me, the A could have been a great squadron commander version.

5 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Soooo...I have NEVER had my stuff from Japan go through LA before--always has come to Chicago and then down to Texas..NEVER have I waited more than 3 or 4 days for an EMS package to get to me...this time...NY sent it to LA. AND THERE IT STILL SITS!!! WTF???!!! over a week now?! (Referring to my Messer Super Parts) IF i didn't have my own wedding in 2 days I might be slightly pissed right about now...<_<

:o That sucks @derex3592, they are taking your package on a trip around the US. Sorry man!

Also Congratulations on your upcoming wedding!

5 minutes ago, RealJayDee said:

That 31a is a sweet piece of lethal machinery.

Im not sure if previous regular variants were so much anticipated.

If you ask me, the A could have been a great squadron commander version.

Yes, it looks awesome and lethal.  I kept looking at @IXTL posted and it just made me wish it was released now.  I can't want to shoot it. :D

SOAFB!!! Just realized that yet again our housekeepers have lost parts of my toys! Every time, I tell them not to touch things and if they do to be careful and they always manage to do something I just can't imagine. This time, my 31F, which was in gerwalk mode was in some form in between gerwalk and Battroid mode. I thought that was it but after further inspection, the head fin is missing and as usual, nowhere to be found because I'm sure they vacuumed it up. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

The only consolation is that I think Bandai had the sense to include an extra but I haven't checked the box yet. Irritating as all hell that I can't display my things in my own home without stuff getting broken or lost.  

18 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

SOAFB!!! Just realized that yet again our housekeepers have lost parts of my toys! Every time, I tell them not to touch things and if they do to be careful and they always manage to do something I just can't imagine. This time, my 31F, which was in gerwalk mode was in some form in between gerwalk and Battroid mode. I thought that was it but after further inspection, the head fin is missing and as usual, nowhere to be found because I'm sure they vacuumed it up. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

The only consolation is that I think Bandai had the sense to include an extra but I haven't checked the box yet. Irritating as all hell that I can't display my things in my own home without stuff getting broken or lost.  

WTF!?  They are messing around with you stuff?  Sorry man.

6 minutes ago, Saburo said:

WTF!?  They are messing around with you stuff?  Sorry man.

It seems to be just this one spot that is cursed by them. I used to have some Godzilla figures posed there and I would always see the figures posed differently, like they were playing with the figures. No harm but I got nervous and moved those. That same spot is where my 1/48 VF-A Low Vis that I have been wanting to get since it came out lasted all of one day after I finally got it...found it with the head laser broken off. For some reason, I thought there was no way anything could happen this time and both me and my wife thought about it and just figured, nah, no way something could happen again. Well, we were wrong. I guess I'm the idiot for leaving anything there after all these times but how hard can it be to just not touch something? And if you must move it, how hard is it to just pick it up, move it and then put it back without damaging and losing parts? Apparently, very difficult. 

30 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

I'm sorry to hear about that man. I've never had to worry about that, since I do my own housekeeping. Are they in display cases? Have you tried contacting the office to tell them that stuff is being damaged by the housekeepers?

13 minutes ago, Valkyrie Driver said:

I'm sorry to hear about that man. I've never had to worry about that, since I do my own housekeeping. Are they in display cases? Have you tried contacting the office to tell them that stuff is being damaged by the housekeepers?

Never had housekeepers before but with two kids (who have never lost or broken any of my toys), we really need the help and they do a really good job (too good sometimes) of cleaning. This isn't in a display case but it's in a very clear and open space where it is obviously not a cheap toy on display. They've been told on multiple occasions not to touch the stuff but they don't seem to get it. No company to call because they are independent and I like the cleaning job they do, just can't understand why they can't understand not to touch/f my stuff up. Even if it was in a display case, I have no idea how but one time they managed to lose a part of one of my figures that was in a display case too. They do a real thourough job of losing stuff too because you would think something on a case, even if bumped would still be in the case but no...nowhere to be found. I don't want to change housekeepers but this is infuriating. 

Sorry to hear about the missing parts. I'd be super pissed if someone touched my valkyries without permission and lost or broke something. 

I'd definitely keep my valkyries behind glass if I had strangers coming over to clean my house on a regular basis when I'm not home. Should invest in some Detolfs. 

#firstworldproblems :mellow:

46 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

It seems to be just this one spot that is cursed by them. I used to have some Godzilla figures posed there and I would always see the figures posed differently, like they were playing with the figures. No harm but I got nervous and moved those. That same spot is where my 1/48 VF-A Low Vis that I have been wanting to get since it came out lasted all of one day after I finally got it...found it with the head laser broken off. For some reason, I thought there was no way anything could happen this time and both me and my wife thought about it and just figured, nah, no way something could happen again. Well, we were wrong. I guess I'm the idiot for leaving anything there after all these times but how hard can it be to just not touch something? And if you must move it, how hard is it to just pick it up, move it and then put it back without damaging and losing parts? Apparently, very difficult. 

yeah, that totally sucks.  Perhaps you need to sent them a bill for them to understand to be more careful of your toys.  

or maybe it's time to setup some camera in your rooms so you can see what really happened? (for next time if it does happen again)

Thanks for the suggestions! I have a detolf and other display cases but sometimes I like having things out on different shelves and feel like I should be able to enjoy that luxury in my own home. Plus, as mentioned, they've somehow lost parts of toys that were inside glass cases too. I don't know, I guess I'll just make sure certain items are well protected before they come from now on. I'm never home when they are here but I'll ask my wife to reiterate being careful but that doesn't seem to work very well. Yeah, firstworldproblems for sure but man!

8 hours ago, derex3592 said:

Yup.  EVERY one of my packages shipped EMS goes through LA to New Mexico (yet another reason I prefer UPS or Fed Ex) and it's the worst customs I've ever experienced.  I've had stuff sit there for two weeks, and as we approach Christmas it will get worse.

Just now, Slave IV said:

Thanks for the suggestions! I have a detolf and other display cases but sometimes I like having things out on different shelves and feel like I should be able to enjoy that luxury in my own home. Plus, as mentioned, they've somehow lost parts of toys that were inside glass cases too. I don't know, I guess I'll just make sure certain items are well protected before they come from now on. I'm never home when they are here but I'll ask my wife to reiterate being careful but that doesn't seem to work very well. Yeah, firstworldproblems for sure but man!

Had a similar issue with my cleaners. it was all minor stuff, no damage or anything. My issue was cleaners entering my hobby room while a project was in-progress and "assuming things were junk/garbage/mess"......<_<....... and the issue was mostly solved when I mounted a Broadsword under an "Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here!" sign on the door... all of a sudden they didn't seem to want to touch that door... 

then one day they let the cat escape*.................... VERY angry words were had, employees terminated, and I haven't had an issue since.

Spoiler

Our cat is a rescue, who was beaten and we suspect sustained a TBI, along with vision damage.... she's a great pet, but a TERRIBLE Cat, and her wandering the neighborhood for 20+ minutes could very easily be a death-sentence for her, let alone the 5 hours in between them leaving and me getting home from work.

My commiserations with your troubles, hope you find a solution that doesn't involve cracking heads, metaphorically [or otherwise].

Personally I like the "send them a bill" idea, only you should draw up 2 versions:

A) what repairing a lost/damaged part would cost
B) what replacing a toy you couldn't get spare parts for would cost :blink:

they may be "cool transformers toys"... but the cost [and other value to us super-dimension-heads] is no joke.

8 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Similar story: last year I got home to find that the tip that is right in front of the cockpit of my yf 30 was no longer pointy but flat... and that day my cleanning service were at home.

It was pretty obvious that accidentally they dropped it. I was able to put some epoxy and restore the pointy shape, but the heavy heart of a damaged valk never goes away.

Cleanning service will never be careful with collectibles. Thats a fact. 

The only thing that has worked is telling them never clean this area and never get close to it, and then I clean it.

You can use some "fragile" or "do not clean" signs on cleanning days, and remove them after theyre gone.

If after that, they keep breaking stuff then you might consider changing personnel.

Sorry to hear this happened to you cause it sucks. Hope this was the last time you have to go through this.

32 minutes ago, slide said:

Had a similar issue with my cleaners. it was all minor stuff, no damage or anything. My issue was cleaners entering my hobby room while a project was in-progress and "assuming things were junk/garbage/mess"......<_<....... and the issue was mostly solved when I mounted a Broadsword under an "Abandon All Hope, Ye Who Enter Here!" sign on the door... all of a sudden they didn't seem to want to touch that door... 

then one day they let the cat escape*.................... VERY angry words were had, employees terminated, and I haven't had an issue since.

Reveal hidden contents

Our cat is a rescue, who was beaten and we suspect sustained a TBI, along with vision damage.... she's a great pet, but a TERRIBLE Cat, and her wandering the neighborhood for 20+ minutes could very easily be a death-sentence for her, let alone the 5 hours in between them leaving and me getting home from work.

My commiserations with your troubles, hope you find a solution that doesn't involve cracking heads, metaphorically [or otherwise].

Personally I like the "send them a bill" idea, only you should draw up 2 versions:

A) what repairing a lost/damaged part would cost
B) what replacing a toy you couldn't get spare parts for would cost :blink:

they may be "cool transformers toys"... but the cost [and other value to us super-dimension-heads] is no joke.

Man, that sounds terrifying...the thing about my cleaners is they are really good with my kids and the other living creatures in the house. I don't feel right about charging them for the toys but I do wish I can find some way to clarify the importance of them to me and how not to mess them up. My wife has been the one telling them but I need to do it myself next time I actually see them. Other than that, l now have a few spots I will never leave anything at when they are coming again. 

2 minutes ago, RealJayDee said:

Similar story: last year I got home to find that the tip that is right in front of the cockpit of my yf 30 was no longer pointy but flat... and that day my cleanning service were at home.

It was pretty obvious that accidentally they dropped it. I was able to put some epoxy and restore the pointy shape, but the heavy heart of a damaged valk never goes away.

Cleanning service will never be careful with collectibles. Thats a fact. 

The only thing that has worked is telling them never clean this area and never get close to it, and then I clean it.

You can use some "fragile" or "do not clean" signs on cleanning days, and remove them after theyre gone.

If after that, they keep breaking stuff then you might consider changing personnel.

Sorry to hear this happened to you cause it sucks. Hope this was the last time you have to go through this.

Thanks! 2 Valks, 1 Sentinel figure and 1 Star Wars Black Series figure...now I'm also wondering if some other strange toy breaks were caused by them. These casualties will be remembered and hopefully help prevent any future ones. 

12 hours ago, Saburo said:

Exactly. The. Same.

Well mostly, I probably still wouldn't buy it because I imagine the price will be more than what I'm willing to pay. Unless there is more readily available release driving down the cost.

-b.

On 11/16/2017 at 2:26 PM, Slave IV said:

It seems to be just this one spot that is cursed by them. I used to have some Godzilla figures posed there and I would always see the figures posed differently, like they were playing with the figures

My wife had a similar problem with some of her toys when she was younger. Turns out it's because her room was being haunted by a ghost that liked to play with her toys. She would pose her dolls in a certain way and come home from school to find them rearranged. And no one entered her room during those times she was away.

There was also an instance when she was staying with her sister in her sister's room during a power outage (her sister's room was located directly under her own), and they both heard her jackstones (the sound of the ball bouncing on the floor above them) like someone was playing with them. Needless to say, no one was in her room at the time.

my Messer parts are still just sitting in LA customs since 11/11.  FAIL...  Glad I have my wedding that I have completely planned and executed to keep my mind off that slight annoyance in my life! LOOOL! <_<:lol:

So I have to set the record straight, I hadn't checked the actual USPS Tracking website, only the link from NY.  LA Customs only had it on the 11th and 12th and sent it on it's way to to Fort Worth...however...

UPDATE!  Just checked again and now I see this!  HAHA-- It was on its way to Fort Worth on the 15th, but apparently it wanted to go down to San Antonio for a margarita and some mexican food! 

Your item arrived at the Post Office at 5:58 am on November 17, 2017 in SAN ANTONIO, TX 78218.

Edited by derex3592