21 hours ago, JetJockey said:

I wouldn't deal with them at all. There was a great post on MFC which detailed how potentially bad they can be. I had a relatively small issue and they had an attitude. There are always other options.

On other subjects though, are there any good Mirage military themed posters with her and the VF-31C? Kind of like that poster behind Hikaru in DYRL.

MFC?

Well the 31E radome looks like a Tortilla folded underneath....maybe there is some mexican influence haha...At the end i hope kawamori-san is not saying he isnt doing macross anymore, i got the hint he wants to also launch his NEXT series...

I am looking forward for to a VF-33 so pls continue making macross kawamori-san!

33 minutes ago, zzj said:

UUUrrrgh, I can't decide. Should I get the Kairos or the new Arcadia Garland???? They cost about the same and I can't possibly afford to get both. :(

not even a competition. Kairos all the way (though people in the Garland thread will feel differently;))

34 minutes ago, zzj said:

UUUrrrgh, I can't decide. Should I get the Kairos or the new Arcadia Garland???? They cost about the same and I can't possibly afford to get both. :(

Kairos! Kinda biased since this is the VF-31 thread but the Arcadia probably won't be as hard to find as this since this won't be getting a reissue. Not sure about popularity of the Garland as I have no clue about the series from which it's from. 

57 minutes ago, zzj said:

kairos :D but just because i think the garland is relatively small compared to a kairos..

really depends on your preference for transforming bikes or aircraft ...

Edited by seti88

11 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

For those who order from CDJ, at which part of the process can I find the "pay later" option?

pay with Credit card and not Paypal. by doing so, it will send a credit card authorization instead of charging the amount (the amount will be deducted to your card's available balance but will not be part of the billed transactions)

2 hours ago, chyll2 said:

pay with Credit card and not Paypal. by doing so, it will send a credit card authorization instead of charging the amount (the amount will be deducted to your card's available balance but will not be part of the billed transactions)

Thank you! I thought it was like NY where we have to choose the option separately.

In other news my local retailer has the 31J Kai for Po at $330. :blink:

Edited by eXis10z

5 hours ago, seti88 said:

kairos :D but just because i think the garland is relatively small compared to a kairos..

really depends on your preference for transforming bikes or aircraft ...

I have 2 of each vf-31/j/f/c, although I agree the kairos is sexy as heck and has a different wing profile, but they are essentially the same mold. The attraction of the garland is more because it’s different...

Looks like this Ordering process is not working that well

【Notice】 
In response to the continuing situation in which access to premium Bandai is continuing, we will suspend all new purchase requests for "Commemorative Items" held for "Soul Nation 2017". 
As for future correspondence, we will announce you again in the soul web from tomorrow. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

17 minutes ago, F360 said:

【Notice】 
In response to the continuing situation in which access to premium Bandai is continuing, we will suspend all new purchase requests for "Commemorative Items" held for "Soul Nation 2017". 
As for future correspondence, we will announce you again in the soul web from tomorrow. I'm sorry for the inconvenience.

Is this note from P-Bandai?

Yeah, hope they just put it out there and not do this kind of thing. Not healthy at all. <_<

6 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

That’s what happens when you get fancy with your ordering schemes.

Like making money? How about just make it widely available to everyone?

I agree!!  I have a bunch of money you can have, just make it a public release and you will have more of my money.

Edited by Saburo

29 minutes ago, F360 said:

【Notice】 

I don't understand, what's going on with this thing now?

While it is clearly popular here, as a 100% subset of people who like Macross, I don't think anyone except marketing and finance at Bandai can say exactly what the demand is for a certain product. Businesses are designed to make money, so if releasing it any other way was more profitable then that's most likely what they would have done.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

I don't understand, what's going on with this thing now?

The demand for the item is too high for P-bandai to handle.  They are suppending preorders for now , hopefully they can work out a better solution .

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

Looks like ur already halfway to getting Valks from delta, so get the kairos to complete. But of course you may not want it if u are just focused on the delta squad.

That’s a really compelling argument, I can hear my wallet groaning already....

3 hours ago, Zx31 said:

While it is clearly popular here, as a 100% subset of people who like Macross, I don't think anyone except marketing and finance at Bandai can say exactly what the demand is for a certain product. Businesses are designed to make money, so if releasing it any other way was more profitable then that's most likely what they would have done.

Exactly. Any one even not in the business can tell you that selling 5k of your product is more profitable than only selling 1k which based on randomly selected buyer from your entire customer pool.

Now if the Kai isn't a lottery draw, the likelihood of me buying one goes up to 80%, despite my wallet's protest.

I mean, it's kind of stupidly simple math.. Assuming the limited numbers they were planning to produce would have turned a profit, they're already past meeting the base costs of production.  Any further sales should only increase that profit margin.

I don't know where this whole exclusivity mentality is from, but it's toxic to the market in so many ways.  These aren't Ferraris, or some multi-thousand dollar piece of celebrity contracted jewelry here. They're freakin' toy airplanes that turn into robots.  Bandai needs to stop acting like owning them is some sort of status symbol. <_<

If they put the Kai release out on the normal web exclusive site, I'll absolutely buy one, maybe even two, but all this lottery BS is accomplishing is dragging their reputation through the mud, and pushing the raging fanbase to turn their website into a dumpster fire over their misjudgment of demand.

11 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

I mean, it's kind of stupidly simple math.. Assuming the limited numbers they were planning to produce would have turned a profit, they're already past meeting the base costs of production.  Any further sales should only increase that profit margin.

I don't know where this whole exclusivity mentality is from, but it's toxic to the market in so many ways.  These aren't Ferraris, or some multi-thousand dollar piece of celebrity contracted jewelry here. They're freakin' toy airplanes that turn into robots.  Bandai needs to stop acting like owning them is some sort of status symbol. <_<

If they put the Kai release out on the normal web exclusive site, I'll absolutely buy one, maybe even two, but all this lottery BS is accomplishing is dragging their reputation through the mud, and pushing the raging fanbase to turn their website into a dumpster fire over their misjudgment of demand.

So much rage. ;)

I don't think Bandai's reputation will get affected by this... well, because we're still here. We're still continuing buying their stuff. But, unless ofcourse we boycott their stuff. Right? :lol: 

Kidding aside, I'm upset too but it is what it is. They're the ones who's doing this and we don't have control over them. It's how they want to run this gimmick. :unsure: If ever I don't get a chance of owning that 31J Kai, I'll probably just sell my extra 31J with Super Parts. It's the reason why I bought them in the first place. <_<

The math is far from simple. There are a ton of factors and considerations that a company like Bandai has to take into account. How many units do they have to sell to make a profit? How many units do they expect the market will buy? When can we fit this into a factory's schedule. How many can we produce within the allotted factory time, and will this time be better served manufacturing a different product? What is the failure and return rate for QC issues? Etc, etc, etc, etc