The heads are on a simple ball joint and can be popped off easily. 

The issue with swapping heads is with the surrounding plates. The shape of the grooves are slightly different for each head unit. It may not be as much of an issue on the 31 as their head shapes are similar, but it was definitely an issue on the 25.

4 hours ago, Lolicon said:

The heads are on a simple ball joint and can be popped off easily. 

The issue with swapping heads is with the surrounding plates. The shape of the grooves are slightly different for each head unit. It may not be as much of an issue on the 31 as their head shapes are similar, but it was definitely an issue on the 25.

Yep, you're right, I was wrong. I looked at the model kit runners on Dalong and they do indeed have different molds for each VF-31 variant for the areas directly fore and aft of the heads. So putting a VF-31A head on a -31J would be potentially more problematic than I thought.

Just now, kajnrig said:

Yep, you're right, I was wrong. I looked at the model kit runners on Dalong and they do indeed have different molds for each VF-31 variant for the areas directly fore and aft of the heads. So putting a VF-31A head on a -31J would be potentially more problematic than I thought.

Actually, I was trying to do the same thing before for my extra 31J to my extra 31F. But yeah, it's those panel around the head is not matching. 

24 minutes ago, kajnrig said:

Well, at least battroid mode won't be an issue. :good:

15 minutes ago, seti88 said:

1. This must be the earliest pre-order of a DX valk?
2. The most expensive 1/60 DX valk so far (listed price from bandai and not including mark-ups from retailers) turns out to be a CF :D :D

Hope this aint a beginning of a trend....

Beginning of a trend? My dear boy, prices have been on the rise across the board for some time now with rising labor costs. But as a wise man remarked before: can't really begrudge all those factory workers for wanting a fair wage for their work. B))

Our demand for increasing complex and accurate toys probably isn't helping with prices. :fool:

Wow havent been called a boy for the longest time, certainly a change from old-timer! :D Aren't we are all boys with our toys!

Back to topic, am not begrudging fair wages for workers, don't get me wrong.  The beginning trend i meant was that CF's are going to be priced higher than hero valks when it shld be logically be the other way around. ;)

Edited by seti88

11 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Actually... Does the P-Bandai listed price include tax like normal MSRP prices? If so, it's cheaper than the other VF-31s (23,760 w/tax vs 22,680), if it doesn't include tax it's base price is 1,080¥ higher.

The other VF-31s were 21,600yen MSRP inc. tax. The base price being 20,000yen.

VF-31A's MSRP is 22,680 with tax.

Edited by IXTL

6 minutes ago, Sanity is Optional said:

Actually... Does the P-Bandai listed price include tax like normal MSRP prices? If so, it's cheaper than the other VF-31s (23,760 w/tax vs 22,680), if it doesn't include tax it's base price is 1,080¥ higher.

P-bandai prices are higher than regular releases being web exclusives and such.

Either way it's still worth the price of admission if it turns out as good as the other releases. Wondering if they'll do another Kairos based on another squadron? I don't know exactly- one of you can probably point it out to me, but wasn't there more than one kind of container unit? Or was the missile container a custom job without any sort of actual canon concept art?

6 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Yeah the higher price is due to being a web exclusive. 

I'm sure Chuck's unit will cost as much when Bandai inevitably releases it as a web exclusive too. :rolleyes:

At least I can pre-order web exclusives without refresh-spamming and staying up all night.

20 minutes ago, Shukenzero said:

I don't know exactly- one of you can probably point it out to me, but wasn't there more than one kind of container unit? Or was the missile container a custom job without any sort of actual canon concept art?

Custom job. As for the container units, only what's shown in the master files. I don't have the book but the ones I saw was the YF-30 style, one which had 4 larger bays but 12 missiles per bay, and one with guns on both sides. Wouldn't mind that one with all guns. 

7 minutes ago, wmkjr said:

Custom job. As for the container units, only what's shown in the master files. I don't have the book but the ones I saw was the YF-30 style, one which had 4 larger bays but 12 missiles per bay, and one with guns on both sides. Wouldn't mind that one with all guns. 

Thanks for the info! Looks like they'll add Arad's and be done with it then.I suppose they'll need to add missiles to the eventual super parts or else those CFs will look pretty bare.

58 minutes ago, chyll2 said:

Kind of Jealous for people being able to order the 31A for 170USD at ebay

Yeah lol that was the only thing I spotted on eBay that I considered buying with the 20% off promo. Almost got another but I have too many already :lol:

The thing I have learn from all this Kairos Valk Bandai exclusive thing is that now I know when the VF-31j Hayate kai is available(after the event) in the Tamashi store, it will be also available in lots of other stores to get, already have an idea how much it will cost so I already start saving, well kinda :D.

29 minutes ago, Alex GS said:

The thing I have learn from all this Kairos Valk Bandai exclusive thing is that now I know when the VF-31j Hayate kai is available(after the event) in the Tamashi store, it will be also available in lots of other stores to get, already have an idea how much it will cost so I already start saving, well kinda :D.

Don't be fooled. The VF-31J Kai will not be a regular Tamashii Webshop exclusive like the Kairos. The Kai will be available through the webstore via a lottery sale. Tamashii members will have to be selected by lottery in order to be able to buy the figure.

It will likely not be as readily available and the price will be higher than what is being offered for the Kairos.

Edited by IXTL

9 hours ago, seti88 said:

Wow havent been called a boy for the longest time, certainly a change from old-timer! :D Aren't we are all boys with our toys!

Back to topic, am not begrudging fair wages for workers, don't get me wrong.  The beginning trend i meant was that CF's are going to be priced higher than hero valks when it shld be logically be the other way around. ;)

Maybe thats cos CFs are released at a fixed quantity for the fear of overstocking while hero valks are released in masses. 

it feel like Bandai force us to buy more their model kit rather then dx toys made me lost interest all limit exclusive high price, yeah almost complete the 1/72 VF-31 delta platoon just left 1/72 VF-31E,  when will Bandai do 1/72 VF-31E ?

I don't even care to look at the Kai.  I can't buy one.  Displaying it means nothing to me.

It's too bad the Kairos is a web exclusive.  I feel like once the three I've ordered arrive I'll probably want at least a fourth.  It'll be harder to get after the fact.

Hey everyone!  Well....Could not resist the Kairos....Sucks to have to pay right away, then wait so long....But it's a beauty....Just had to get one (;_;). 

On a different note.... I preordered the Hi-Metal R 35th Anniversary ver from NY. My order has been 'On preparation' or whatever since the 28th September when it got released.....But they still haven't shipped it?? Wrote to them twice, twice same answer " sure, we'll let the warehouse people know...." And nothing....

I'm loosing patience, when I was 8 Hours late paying another preorder, they cancelled it. The release date of that item was then pushed back 2 extra months right away (so really I wasn't late!).Yet ,they refused to put it back in my list of orders. (More $$$ for them obviously)

Anyone experiencing delays with them lately?