Holy crap that escalated quickly. I mean there was a mention of it a few days ago and the next thing I see are pics of this beauty on MFC and then hustle over here to find it's up for grabs. 

AE did me proud with Mirage so I stuck with them this time around too. Feels good to have the order in. Now I just have to convince myself that one is enough. 

19 minutes ago, Moosey said:

Holy crap that escalated quickly. I mean there was a mention of it a few days ago and the next thing I see are pics of this beauty on MFC and then hustle over here to find it's up for grabs. 

AE did me proud with Mirage so I stuck with them this time around too. Feels good to have the order in. Now I just have to convince myself that one is enough. 

Yeah when i first posted that the VF-31A is available for preorder today and came back an hour later, the thread was flooded with replies

1 hour ago, chyll2 said:

Is this regular or exclusive? Web exclusive

If I miss it today will I have trobule later? No, you can take your time until the deadline set in the web store. And shop like NY wont even close their PO even if bandai has already closed theirs

Can I preorder without paying up front anywhere? Generally, every web exclusive is upfront. CDjapan (from what I know), will send credit authorization to your card company if you use credit card. They will only bill you once the item is released.

Thanks, that makes me feel better cause I was woefully unprepared for this. I did try to rush through a cdjapan order but it was having trouble with my card for some reason and I'm far too tired to figure it out now. Their delayed payment is ideal but the prices elsewhere may make me reconsider if I can still order after my next payday. 

26 minutes ago, Moosey said:

I went with AE too since i figured i would have other stuff to get and i didnt want to pay upfront for any shipping yet.

1 hour ago, Moosey said:

You should pull a Spanner...one is not enough! Turn to the dark side!

1 hour ago, brouken said:

Now what are the chances of Bandai releasing Arad's Kairos custom? I'd probably consider getting that instead of the cannon-fodder Alpha 03. :p  

They are calling this one the "normal" version. So I'd say it's pretty safe to say there will be an Arad custom. 

Wow EMS shipping is 4,500Y at NY - got it anyways since this is the one I wanted all along - thank God I didn't have to stay up all night and go through that Madness (I guess sleep is worth the price difference though).  The difference between CAD & Yen at NY was only about $15cdns - but definitely better to pay in Yens and let PayPAL do the conversion instead of NY.  Now the long wait...

So how many types of Kairos were actually seen in the anime and who flew them?

I must have missed them due to being in a MOE-induced stupor. 

Edited by arbit

8 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Wow EMS shipping is 4,500Y at NY - got it anyways since this is the one I wanted all along - thank God I didn't have to stay up all night and go through that Madness (I guess sleep is worth the price difference though).  The difference between CAD & Yen at NY was only about $15cdns - but definitely better to pay in Yens and let PayPAL do the conversion instead of NY.  Now the long wait...

It’s a bit cheaper to let your credit card do the conversion. PayPal charges something like 3% for currency conversion; someone correct me if that’s not right. 

It may make sense to open a credit card that does not have a foreign exchange fee as well. Some cc companies charges upwards of 3%. 

1 minute ago, arbit said:

So how many types of Kairos were actually seen in the anime and who flew them?

I must have missed them due to being in a state of MOE-induced boredom. 

You can see the whole squadron from Alpha 1 up to Alpha 5 flying in formation in one or two episodes, I remember not well but I kind of think that few of the pilots  were named (or had a character design) and unfortunately killed during action. And there is Arad's version before he got enrolled in Chaos

33 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

It’s a bit cheaper to let your credit card do the conversion. PayPal charges something like 3% for currency conversion; someone correct me if that’s not right. 

It may make sense to open a credit card that does not have a foreign exchange fee as well. Some cc companies charges upwards of 3%. 

Good to know, might try that again - I've had some problems in the past with my credit card allowing NY to charge - apparently they were flagged as suspicious because the financial company they charge the credit card through is based in France and has worked with other fraudulent companies as well (at least that was the story my credit card company tells me each time I had to call them to authorized the payment)

It's a beautiful valk in every way. 

I'm not into the F1 colors, so this is right up my alley.

With the Kairos and the 262, I'm all good as far as Delta collecting goes.

20 minutes ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

So, let me get this straight. For these exclusives you must pay the cost of the toy right now, but pay for shipping when it is released?

You pay now including shipping (at least that was the case from NY)

$319.74 CDN including EMS shipping - argh!  (now there's the crap shoot 50:50 of getting dinged by Canadian Customs & Duties which could be an extra $45cdn - if you order FedEx or UPS then its guaranteed that there will be the extra $45 Customs & Duties - mostly $10 fee + taxes)

20 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

You pay now including shipping (at least that was the case from NY)

$319.74 CDN including EMS shipping - argh!  (now there's the crap shoot 50:50 of getting dinged by Canadian Customs & Duties which could be an extra $45cdn - if you order FedEx or UPS then its guaranteed that there will be the extra $45 Customs & Duties - mostly $10 fee + taxes)

Ouch, that's too much penalty kick. I feel ya. :vava:

I have yet to pull the trigger on this pre-order, I'm debating weather to get two 31A or just one. Even though I'll pay my bro later, still I might not have all the funds for him on time. ^_^

I complained, but I now also have all the preorder tabs open. :D

In case anyone's interested, here's the previous links collected together:

BigInJapan (24390, 3700 shipping*): https://www.biginjap.com/en/completed-models/19726-macross-delta-dx-chogokin-vf-31a-kairos.html
Anime Export (23800, ??? shipping*): http://www.anime-export.com/product/37625
CDJapan (27216, 2110-3700 shipping*/**): http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/NEOGDS-252726
Nippon-Yasan (23080, 2290-22504 shipping*): https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figures/22661-macross-delta-dx-chogokin-vf-31a-kairos-regular-limited-edition.html
(UPDATE 10-25-2017)
Mykombini (23680, 2490-4700 shipping*/***): https://mykombini.com/en/march-2018/8928-dx-chogokin-vf-31a-kairos-macross-delta-bandai-limited.html

*shipping to USA
**according to chyll22, CDJapan will send credit authorization to your credit card company, but will not bill until item release
***requires 50% up-front deposit instead of whole deposit

Right now it looks like NY is cheapest, both in price and shipping, but I don't know the ins and outs of how these sellers handle shipping. Those shipping costs could simply be placeholders... (Does AE calculate shipping at checkout? Or only once the package has been finalized?)

Edited by kajnrig

Got a response from “From Japan” regarding VF-31J Kai:

Basic fee: 5000 yen

Hourly fee: 2000 yen

Transportation fee

Entrance fee (if applicable)

Item costs

Plan fees (300 yen or 700 yen)

So the 50% markup by BIJ wasn’t too bad lol

Is there an “entrance fee” to the event where they are selling the Kai?

7 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Transportation fee

Item costs

Hey, spacemanoeuvres, a couple questions.

1) Is the VF-31J/c an event exclusive?
2) Did FJ give an explanation for what each fee covered?
3) I'm guessing that the quote they'll give me for the VF-31A Kairos will be different? It's my first time requesting a quote.

1) The “Kai” is the event exclusive, and subsequent, lottery valk.

2) The info I posted was quoted from their response. I don’t have anything else. 

3) Yes but it will be close to just ordering from NY. The 31-A should be list price plus plan fee plus 540 domestic shipping plus actual international shipping. If you’re going to ship via EMS and/or buy multiples, then I believe “From Japan” may be slightly cheaper than Nippon Yasan. 

Edited by spacemanoeuvres

44 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Transportation fee

Item costs

No entrance fee but I can easily see it taking at least 2 hours to head over there, fight the crowds, then return with the item. 

But some people will still whine about the price because they think BIJ should work for free or something. :p

Now that the fear of missing it is gone I went ahead and placed an order at CDJapan to take advantage of the pay later ability. However before the deadline ends I might decide to go for one of the cheaper up front options when I have the money to burn, heh. 

One way or another I'll get it. 

The Kairos saved me from putting down a deposit for the Hayate Tamashii exclusive. I'm gonna wait it out until December since the shop I looked at put a 40% markup on the Hayate, and by then, everyone is gonna be priced similarly. I was pretty torn since the shop guaranteed delivery with their people physically going and picking up the stuff, but the Kairos literally two days later made my week/month/year. 

I think even with the lottery system, Bandai may end up producing many units by just limiting each lottery to a certain number, then reopening ita second or third time. Everything's up in the air but worth a gamble for a cheaper valk.

Edited by Shukenzero

I got a couple 31-As from NY registered SAL for 227 a piece.

Would have been about 235 via EMS from “From Japan” and I would have been able to pay later for shipping. 

*shrugs* :lol:

Edited by spacemanoeuvres