Wow, I can't believe they're releasing the VF-31A ahead of Chuck's and Arad's! On one hand, that's good news for me because that means more breathing space for my wallet. ^_^

I'm kind of in the minority in that I'm not after the 31A. The drab military grey color scheme doesn't do anything for me. I'd rather have the complete Delta Squadron, airshow colors and all. 

Funny because the 31A is the only real delta winged valk in the series. :p

Edited by brouken

2 hours ago, recon said:

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000118008/

DX VF-31A preorder tomorrow!

Well... crap.

Things are uncertain for me right now.  I have to skip it.

It looks beautiful to me, though.  Hopefully, I'll be able to snag it eventually.

The way my luck runs, I kind of knew that either this or a Chogokin Andromeda would pop up for pre-order during this time.

2 hours ago, cmal said:

So which Super Pack goes on the A?

From the looks of it the main wing body and the rest of the attach points are the same mould as the rest of the 31s, so I'd guess that any will fit. If they don't release a set of true neutral packs, Messer's would probably be the best fit.

If anyone else sees a problem here, please correct me!

Edited by WaferMouse

2 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

I think the Super Packs will fit the 31A the same, but I don't think any of the ones from Delta will match well with the 31A camo.

Yeah, hopefully they'll release some neutral ones, even Messer's would look a bit off. If they do, I've already screwed up there by ordering Messer's packs for my C and E, but I can live with that so long as I don't have to hunt down a third set for the A.

Huzzah! Love this scheme! Question: are the grey pieces with the recesses anime-accurate? I thought the Kairos just had black gemstones there. 

Damn and i wanted to complete the delta series by having J, F, C, S and E variants. Oh well, a VF-31A is too nice to pass up

I shudder to think abt the ways in which bandai will milk this mold

img5932646aabea4_l.jpg

Edited by recon

12 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Question: are the grey pieces with the recesses anime-accurate?

They are accurate.

The only thing I see so far that Bandai didn't change to match the show are the nose crystals.

Edited by Zx31

58 minutes ago, WaferMouse said:

From the looks of it the main wing body and the rest of the attach points are the same mould as the rest of the 31s, so I'd guess that any will fit. If they don't release a set of true neutral packs, Messer's would probably be the best fit.

If anyone else sees a problem here, please correct me!

I think the shape of the wings may interfere with the boosters, but won't know for certain until Bandai confirms or denies.

The wing boosters sit completely inside the hinge point of the wing and on top of the folded down vertical fins, so the shape of the folding tip shouldn't matter.

image.png.7f7ba805e2ade7c37177480e4fa99622.png

One of Jenius' photos of the manual for reference

Edited by Zx31

17 minutes ago, Darth Mingus said:

I think the shape of the wings may interfere with the boosters, but won't know for certain until Bandai confirms or denies.

Yeah, I did just notice that the area with the grey recessed bits looks a bit more pronounced than on the rest of the jets.

1 hour ago, Saburo said:

Awesome! “Wallet brace for impact!”

the pics show a clear amber canopy, I wonder if that what it will be for release? Also it has the recharger back pod, shouldn’t it be a missile pod?

Those pics are of a prototype. The markings are decals (the carrier film is visible). The final version will probably have the same frosted canopy because Bandai won't let a bad idea die. 

34 minutes ago, Shukenzero said:

Does it say anywhere that the numbers will be stickers like the VF-27s? Cos it'd be weird to have a whole squadron of 03 numbered Kairos, even though stickers are not exactly ideal.

But the 25A ended up the same way, fixed number (was it 27?). Hope the do it like the later 27 release

I don't know who's deciding release priority for Delta, but I wonder if they're doing these now so they can have another wave of releases ready for the movie?  Who knows what's in their twisted minds.. :ph34r: 

I'll be in for at least two of these.. possibly three, so I have one to customize, but I love the colors.  But yeah, I don't expect the better canopy to last.  One of these days I'll just need to pop all the canopies off my 31s, strip them entirely, and repaint the frames. 

If they release any of those Master File schemes, I'll be absolutely astounded.. and broke. :lol: 

5 hours ago, recon said:

http://p-bandai.jp/item/item-1000118008/

DX VF-31A preorder tomorrow!

YES! Not happy with the release scheduling, the pay upfront, Bandai ignoring Arad's and Chuck's 31's. But... YES! YES! :lol: 

If budget permits, I want to have two. ;) 

4 hours ago, cmal said:

So which Super Pack goes on the A?

2 hours ago, Zx31 said:

I think the Super Packs will fit the 31A the same, but I don't think any of the ones from Delta will match well with the 31A camo.

From the series, they've shown the Kairos wearing a neutral Super Packs. But I'm sure Messer's color will fit just fine. ;)

マクロス_20170116_10.gif

2 hours ago, Saburo said:

Awesome! “Wallet brace for impact!”

the pics show a clear amber canopy, I wonder if that what it will be for release? Also it has the recharger back pod, shouldn’t it be a missile pod?

It's early to say about the canopy. Remember the YF-29 30th Anniversary version canopy? :ph34r:

As for the back pod. It sucks that it's the same knowing that they don't carry the Delta's drones. But if you have an extra YF-30 Chronos laying around somewhere maybe you can use that assuming that it will fit. ;)

But seriously, Bandai should've done something like this instead since they already replaced the drones with missiles in the back leg. You know, make the Cannon Fodder's worthwhile. ^_^ 

IMG_2073.JPG.eded8d7cda5b0a1a9dfb9913b90e9c37.JPG

1 hour ago, Shukenzero said:

Does it say anywhere that the numbers will be stickers like the VF-27s? Cos it'd be weird to have a whole squadron of 03 numbered Kairos, even though stickers are not exactly ideal.

I still want it tampo'ed. But stickers will be fine. You don't want your squadron to have 03 as their modex number. Is there any reason why it's 03? I mean all the CF one featured are the 01's.

52 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Those pics are of a prototype. The markings are decals (the carrier film is visible). The final version will probably have the same frosted canopy because Bandai won't let a bad idea die. 

That my friend is called consistency. ;) 

Edited by no3Ljm