3 hours ago, Mommar said:

Yeah, they changed how the holds work and it's a massive pain in my ass.  Now I can't hold at the FedEx Office that's a two minute drive from my Mom's but I can hold at a bunch of shitty Walgreens in questionable neighborhoods that aren't nearly as convenient to reach.

:wacko:hmm, adding the Walgreens shouldn't take the other fedex office away,  Did you try calling the 1800 number? the customer service rep should be able to overwrite it as long as that fedex office still hold packages .  The only ones they can't are the one the shipper put a restriction on , like phone companies , apple, etc.

8 hours ago, F360 said:

:wacko:hmm, adding the Walgreens shouldn't take the other fedex office away,  Did you try calling the 1800 number? the customer service rep should be able to overwrite it as long as that fedex office still hold packages .  The only ones they can't are the one the shipper put a restriction on , like phone companies , apple, etc.

The people at the 800 number don't have a clue what's going on.  Especially since FedEx Office is a separate company.  They become even more confused when the packages are from overseas.

Edited by Mommar

6 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

You know, in about 100 million years or so, continental drift will cause the west coast of North America to be right up close to the east coast of Japan. Then I won't have to wait so long for packages to arrive and I can get my valkyries a day or two sooner. :angry:

By then you'll probably be flying in your own Valkyrie through wormholes. Will be swooshing on a whole new level. Oh and we'll probably resemble the humans from Wall E :p

And it's here! Pic of open box and initial fighter display. It's covered in a couple strips of sticky transparent plastic. I carefully peeled it away with no issue.

IMG_0717.JPG

IMG_0718.JPG

IMG_0719.JPG

IMG_0720.JPG

Last pics. You can see the 31C's color is brighter than the color chosen by the Figurarts Zero team. 

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

IMG_0724.JPG

Edited by Sildani
Dat rear aspect.

3 minutes ago, Sildani said:

Last pics. You can see the 31C's color is brighter than the color chosen by the Figurarts Zero team. 

IMG_0721.JPG

IMG_0722.JPG

Love that list pic! Can't wait for my 31C so I can put Mirage's figure next to it. Two different shades, but I'm cool with it! 

Yeah, it doesn't bother me at all. Love seeing the two together finally! I ordered some of Xigfrid's missiles off his Shapeways store, so I'll do more and better pics once those are painted. 

On 9/10/2017 at 8:07 AM, recon said:

Just a question guys. For battroid mode display, you guys prefer the arm gun pods rotated downwqrds or tuck away?

If it's just standing, tucked away. But in action pose, I like it exposed and mount the Gunpod back in the charger station as a cannon. ^_^

10 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Congrats @Sildani!  Seeing your pics of 31C and FAZero Mirage are making more impatient.  I have both due to arrive, 31C hopefully tommorrow and FAZero hopefully soon I ordered off ebay free shipping no tracking number though. :wacko:

Look forward to your 31C pics Saburo! B))

Purples usually photograph reddder than reality, so I'll wait until I see it myself.  That said, I'm not certain her valk is supposed to exactly match her flightsuit.   (IMHO the proper hue is about mid-way between the DX and the Figuarts, but brighter than either) 

36717fccbe93b622162f821f547e5461.png

Ok, I don't want this to be all about me, but this is my first 31 and my first Valkyrie of the "new generation" that Bandai started with the YF-30, so let me give my first impressions of this. 

Firstly, it's very well made. Paint apps are nicely applied with very little overspray, and all of that is on the wingtip navigation lights. Tampo printing is plentiful and perfectly applied. I haven't seen any misaligned or partial prints yet. The toy was built very well with no severe gaps or tool marks. All features work smoothly. 

The transformation is very intuitive. Parts fall together quite well and I had a great idea of what went where. My misstep was with the head's neck plate - it's on a double hinge and I pushed it forward, toward the torso, rather than away. Then I wondered why the torso didn't collapse and lock properly. A watch of Jenius' transformation video and a read of the manual showed me my error. 

Third: the matte finish is gorgeous. Much better than the glossy VF-27 or 25A I have. Makes it look like a model and not a toy. I'm a devoted fan now. 

Fourth: the main landing gear are the worst I've ever encountered. They resist twisting, so that I peel a fingernail trying to turn them, and then the rubber tires peel off. Horrible, and I can't believe an airplane nut like Kawamori signed off on that. 

Fifth: all this time I thought the drone charger panels were made of clear green plastic for some reason. I was surprised to see they're actually metallic green paint. Disappointing. 

Sixth: um, Makina's figure isn't as, uh, full-figured as I thought she'd be. Did they just repaint Freyja?

Last: those four empty hardpoints are screaming for missiles to fill them. Thanks to Xigfrid for making some very nice ones, and bollocks to Bandai for only making their own missiles available in a very few, out of print toys. 

Overall, I'm very very pleased. Colors are great, head design is like an evolved 1J's, and everything clicks and ratchets and notches together beautifully. Just CURSE those landing gear!