4 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i never mixed but do have 2x 31J supers coming in this week so i can try and put them on a 31F. i'll post a quick iphone snap with it when it comes in/

Nice, thats quick, from biginjapan? Mine is still being processed by NY...will await your pics then, as noel is awaiting mine lol.. ^_^

1 hour ago, seti88 said:

Nice, thats quick, from biginjapan? Mine is still being processed by NY...will await your pics then, as noel is awaiting mine lol.. ^_^

I still haven't heard anything from NY; hope to get an email soon. My Spartans have been in processing since Thursday <_<

5 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

3 is great! damn how many 31F super are you getting Sandman?B))

thanks guys for the compliments, it's good to be back on MW among good company:wub:

I haven't decided yet. I haven't preorder any yet. I figure I want two at least. Probably three if I can get the cash together. So much other things to buys as well.

36 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Applying the supers via battroid, instead of fighter.

Simple translation:

-Manual recommends applying the pack in battleroid mode

-Some parts (mostly the legs) have space to slide around for adjustment in each mode

-Hidden L and R to identify which leg it goes onto

-Wing boosters are very cleverly designed

-No need to replace or remove most parts even during transformation. Only needs to remove the shield when transform into fighter mode

-Packs are very well fit. Not looses even when you shake it

Over all, a very well designed pack. Looking forward to get mine.

And for anyone still asking about NY, they don't open during the weekend. Emails should go out during Monday in Japan. Be patient.

31 minutes ago, ridgebacks said:

Simple translation:

-Manual recommends applying the pack in battleroid mode

-Some parts (mostly the legs) have space to slide around for adjustment in each mode

-Hidden L and R to identify which leg it goes onto

-Wing boosters are very cleverly designed

-No need to replace or remove most parts even during transformation. Only needs to remove the shield when transform into fighter mode

-Packs are very well fit. Not looses even when you shake it

Over all, a very well designed pack. Looking forward to get mine.

And for anyone still asking about NY, they don't open during the weekend. Emails should go out during Monday in Japan. Be patient.

Thanks ridgebacks. 

For the record though, it IS Monday in Japan, already. I'm in the same boat with waiting for NY to update me on my shipping.  I also ordered a Spartan together with this pack so I'm wondering what's happening with my order just like a few others.

Maybe they are sorting thru all the impromptu added invoices via paypal...but yeah ideally there should be a notification back to indicate payments received...

I had to check my order details in the site to find out that my order status has changed from waiting for customer to preparation in progress..

Edited by seti88

I ordered two sets of 31J super parts (one set is for Scream Man) but NY has so far only shipped out one set rather than combining them both together. I did order them a few weeks apart as but I would have thought they would have shipped them out together considering the shipping method is the very same for each. I guess they are just running through their orders in numerical order which is most likely why one set went first and the other is still in order prep. A little annoying but what can you do..

Edited by spanner

8 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i been thinking about 5 TBH but thinking about if it's worth it. 

i never mixed but do have 2x 31J supers coming in this week so i can try and put them on a 31F. i'll post a quick iphone snap with it when it comes in/

thanks guys for the compliments, it's good to be back on MW among good company:wub:

You're welcome, David. ;) As for the Supers, it's best to complete it so that in case you sell it, it's going to be a set. And for sure, by that time, the Supers are already the same price as the Valk. ^_^

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

Looking forward on David's pics as well, Seti. That's probably the first time we're going to see again David posting an actual product rather than the box. Wink. Wink. ^_^ 

2 hours ago, ridgebacks said:

Most of us here doesn't have patience during the week of release. Especially when that store is eager to charge us extra shipping fee with a deadline of one day. Only to ship it two to three days after the extra fee has been processed. Hahaha! :lol: 

speaking of ordering the Web exclusive Set, is there a site that allows me to order without upfront payment. I am only willing to pay if my item will be shipped in a few months or better, weeks before the release/ready for shipping.

Welp, finally received NY reply (also making shipping address changes). Turns out I already got the invoice back in May 19 and for some reason, I deleted that email and it has been sitting in the trash bin for 3 days. Paid the fee and waiting for their reply or shipping notice.

4 hours ago, mzhao3 said:

Has anyone noticed irregularities like this? I have these slight discoloring stains on my 31F from the wrapping.. I'm not sure how to get it off =/

IMG_20170522_020524.jpg

Sorry to see that, i did see it before on another DX i got (roy's 29 i thk?) but mine was never quite severe tho and a quick wipe with warm damp cloth took it off (i thk i used normal hand soap). Forgot who asked the same question b4, but i mentioned facial wash/colgate to try and remove that sticky spot. Just becareful tho not to over rub else you end up with a bald spot.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I wonder, what's the best way to remove the Shinigami emblem without messing up the grey paint underneath?

This was one of the videos i saved way back on you tube, however never tried it...Short answer, microSol the darn tampo!

Not sure if the DX tampo is under any protective coating tho...Why do you want to remove the shinigami btw?

5 hours ago, spanner said:

I ordered two sets of 31J super parts (one set is for Scream Man) but NY has so far only shipped out one set rather than combining them both together. I did order them a few weeks apart as but I would have thought they would have shipped them out together considering the shipping method is the very same for each. I guess they are just running through their orders in numerical order which is most likely why one set went first and the other is still in order prep. A little annoying but what can you do..

Strange. Did you opt for combined-shipping? 

4 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I wonder, what's the best way to remove the Shinigami emblem without messing up the grey paint underneath?

I was thinking about this too. I really like the look of the paint scheme in fighter mode without the grim reaper emblem.

37 minutes ago, seti88 said:

This was one of the videos i saved way back on you tube, however never tried it...Short answer, microSol the darn tampo!

Not sure if the DX tampo is under any protective coating tho...Why do you want to remove the shinigami btw?

Cool. If I ever try to customize a 31F I may give this a shot. 

34 minutes ago, MAC-X said:

Strange. Did you opt for combined-shipping? 

NY only allows you to combine shipping for unpaid preorders.  Separate paid preorders can't be combined together for shipment.

1 hour ago, sh9000 said:

NY only allows you to combine shipping for unpaid preorders.  Separate paid preorders can't be combined together for shipment.

Yeah that's unfortunate for folks like me who add bits and pieces here and there. As others have noted you really don't save a significant amount of money combining shipping on moderately sized items at NY either. They just take like 5'ish % off shipping cost. 

Not complaining (maybe a little ha) just offering some info :lol:

1 hour ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Yeah that's unfortunate for folks like me who add bits and pieces here and there. As others have noted you really don't save a significant amount of money combining shipping on moderately sized items at NY either. They just take like 5'ish % off shipping cost. 

Not complaining (maybe a little ha) just offering some info :lol:

I usually save quite a bit on regular orders with NY.  It's only TWE that I don't save as much.  I do save money on shipping and overall cost on all types of orders with them though.

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

Thanks for this Seti. I forgot about MicroSol. I already have that. Will try it soon. As for why? I'll try to customize it with some red stripes on it. Will change the head too if Kurisama decided on making some custom VF-31 heads soon. ;)

16 hours ago, spanner said:

I have multiples of a few Valks but not as many as others have! So I can't really accept that crown.. hehe! though I'd love have many more! 

I only got the one 31F as its my least fav of the 31 bunch but I did get 4x 31J! :D

Also, just got shipping notification for my 31J super parts!

oh nice that's right you got 4x 31J, i guess you may spring for more 31J with his final episode colorsB))

15 hours ago, seti88 said:

yep! biginjapan, should  be here Wed, i'll take a pic then!

13 hours ago, Sandman said:

I haven't decided yet. I haven't preorder any yet. I figure I want two at least. Probably three if I can get the cash together. So much other things to buys as well.

yeah, 2 sounds like a safe bet. i still need to place the order

13 hours ago, ridgebacks said:

Simple translation:

thanks for the notes.

as for shipping at Nippon Yasan, i agree with no3Ljm, many can't wait after getting payment requests. i didn't order my packs from NY, but i do remember a funny story where i ordered at Nippon SAL and they shipped early while another pre-ordered before me and paid by EMS but NY delayed processing his order. my SAL came about the same time as the person's EMS shipped bc of the delay in processing that NY does and not go by the orders taken. it was kinda messed up.  there was some douche who always bragged about saving on slow shipping speed w/ no insurance so i didn't want to post it and across rubbing it in.  

10 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

You're welcome, David. ;) As for the Supers, it's best to complete it so that in case you sell it, it's going to be a set. And for sure, by that time, the Supers are already the same price as the Valk. ^_^

Looking forward on David's pics as well, Seti. That's probably the first time we're going to see again David posting an actual product rather than the box. Wink. Wink. ^_^ 

Most of us here doesn't have patience during the week of release. Especially when that store is eager to charge us extra shipping fee with a deadline of one day. Only to ship it two to three days after the extra fee has been processed. Hahaha! :lol: 

hahaha, i might go for 5 or 3 but you're not helping:lol: will do i'll post a pic with the brown shipper box opened =)

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

Sorry to see that, i did see it before on another DX i got (roy's 29 i thk?) but mine was never quite severe tho and a quick wipe with warm damp cloth took it off (i thk i used normal hand soap). Forgot who asked the same question b4, but i mentioned facial wash/colgate to try and remove that sticky spot. Just becareful tho not to over rub else you end up with a bald spot.

Thanks for all the help guys! I'm going to try the toothpaste suggestion and see if it works.

man, I read someone had this problem on the forums and thought it was on this thread.. I spent like a hour or so this weekend trying to go through 30+ pages on this thread trying to find the comments.. I just found the separate thread talking about this issue. haha

really hoping it'll work and it comes out. I've been going back and forth trying to figure out if i want to roll the dice and buy another! hahaha. I was trying to reduce some of my macross spending and hoping to pick up some other stuff in the future, but man my ocd is going to kill me on this. I switched my display to battroid mode so I wouldn't notice, but the plane just looks so much better...

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Where did those proper red tipped reaction missiles come from?

Pretty sure those are the reaction missiles for the Arcadia YF-19, repainted, and mounted with a custom adapter.  The missile style definitely isn't the Frontier-era type, but the size is pretty much dead on, unlike the itty-bitty ones with the VF-25 armor packs, or the ginormous honking things packed with the 171 packs.

I'm really curious if Bandai's even going to address those at some point.  Their resistance to release add-ons for all these missile-less valks is getting incredibly irritating. <_<

42 minutes ago, mzhao3 said:

Thanks for all the help guys! I'm going to try the toothpaste suggestion and see if it works.

man, I read someone had this problem on the forums and thought it was on this thread.. I spent like a hour or so this weekend trying to go through 30+ pages on this thread trying to find the comments.. I just found the separate thread talking about this issue. haha

really hoping it'll work and it comes out. I've been going back and forth trying to figure out if i want to roll the dice and buy another! hahaha. I was trying to reduce some of my macross spending and hoping to pick up some other stuff in the future, but man my ocd is going to kill me on this. I switched my display to battroid mode so I wouldn't notice, but the plane just looks so much better...

I think you should try warm mild hand soap first.  Do not use force or hard pressure.  Just lightly and slowly, repeatedly.

toohpaste and face wash has miro dots so its more of a polishing compound. Think of it as very fine sand paper with liquid.

3 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

hahaha, i might go for 5 or 3 but you're not helping:lol: will do i'll post a pic with the brown shipper box opened =)

As I said earlier, I'm no genius. But 3 is to 5 is definitely wrong. :lol:

Like you said pages ago, if we want to save a lot use BigInJapan instgead. So I suggest to you this time for 5 Super Parts, use BigInJapan. Now that's what you call 'helping'. ^_^