27 minutes ago, F360 said:

were you the only one that didn't get a extra invoice for shipping?

here's the current N-Y shipping price for 2 super parts eco sal register is now 2340 yen

And still cheaper than the cheapest option at the other spot so...

I dunno, I don't care who buys what from where. I've played the calculation game many times and bottom line is, for regular releases, NY is always cheaper than the rest, regardless of any extra couple dollars they need for shipping. HLJ is sometimes close and maybe less in very rare and special cases (not regular releases). I hope people who always complain stop buying from NY so it makes my preorders easier, lol. 

Edited by Slave IV

thanks for posting the comparisons. 

i as mentioned for express shipping, it's cheaper to ship BiginJapan than NY for combined shipping (express if i wasn't clear) as long as it's more than one piece. 

if i'm not in a hurry i'll go NY and go slow but for stuff that's debuting that no one's ever owned like the super packs (which is the first) i'd rather do express bc of the excitement.

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

hey noel, i really think biginjapan is overlooked and underrated bc Ny has lower initial sticker price but it comes out cheaper using express combined shipping if you buy more than one @ biginjapan.

maybe next time we should post shipped prices side by side for people to compare^_^

Their initial sticker price are normally higher but there's few occasions that their initial price is around the same too, depending on the items of course. 

But their fedex shipping rate is really good.  If you buy Multiples (example 3 or 4) and use their fedex shipping it can make a very competitive total SHIPPED price.

made a quick shipped price for 3 or 4 super parts.

N-Y for 3 x = 23340 + EMS shipping    5200 =  28540 fast 
              small packet Eco shipping     3630 =  26970 slow
          Compare to Biginjapn by Fedex  total = 28000 fast    

N-Y for 4 x = 31120 + EMS shipping     6600 =  37720 fast            
               small packet Eco shipping     4630 =  35750 slow

Compare to Biginjapn by Fedex  total = 37100 fast 

So if you were going to use EMS from N-Y or if you want your item fast then BiginJapan will give you the best price for 3 or 4 Super parts.

If you want to save some money and slower is ok then N-Y will still be cheaper. 1030 difference for 3 and 1350 difference for 4.  But that's more of a difference in price/speed ratio.

But what really makes BiginJapan price shine is no increase shipping cost ,better packaging and they really ship out your stuff quick. 

This is especially important if you are pre ordering a item that might be larger or heavier than expected.  For those items,the extra weight and size will be guaranteed extra N-Y shipping invoice later on, and at that point you'll be stuck and have to pay whatever they ask for, pretty much.:angry:  cancelling is normally not an option because it's sold out and you won't be able able to buy it somewhere else for cheaper at that point.

2 minutes ago, F360 said:

Their initial sticker price are normally higher but there's few occasions that their initial price is around the same too, depending on the items of course. 

But their fedex shipping rate is really good.  If you buy Multiples (example 3 or 4) and use their fedex shipping it can make a very competitive total SHIPPED price.

made a quick shipped price for 3 or 4 super parts.

N-Y for 3 x = 23340 + EMS shipping    5200 =  28540 fast 
              small packet Eco shipping     3630 =  26970 slow
          Compare to Biginjapn by Fedex  total = 28000 fast    

N-Y for 4 x = 31120 + EMS shipping     6600 =  37720 fast            
               small packet Eco shipping     4630 =  35750 slow

Compare to Biginjapn by Fedex  total = 37100 fast 

So if you were going to use EMS from N-Y or if you want your item fast then BiginJapan will give you the best price for 3 or 4 Super parts.

If you want to save some money and slower is ok then N-Y will still be cheaper. 1030 difference for 3 and 1350 difference for 4.  But that's more of a difference in price/speed ratio.

But what really makes BiginJapan price shine is no increase shipping cost ,better packaging and they really ship out your stuff quick. 

This is especially important if you are pre ordering a item that might be larger or heavier than expected.  For those items,the extra weight and size will be guaranteed extra N-Y shipping invoice later on, and at that point you'll be stuck and have to pay whatever they ask for, pretty much.:angry:  cancelling is normally not an option because it's sold out and you won't be able able to buy it somewhere else for cheaper at that point.

yeah, you took the numbers right out of my headB)). (amazing stuff F360)

i got (5x) 31F's coming in so i always think of multiples and Biginjapan is usually the fastest to ship and cheapest speedwise.  

20 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

And still cheaper than the cheapest option at the other spot so...

I dunno, I don't care who buys what from where. I've played the calculation game many times and bottom line is, for regular releases, NY is always cheaper than the rest, regardless of any extra couple dollars they need for shipping. HLJ is sometimes close and maybe less in very rare and special cases (not regular releases). I hope people who always complain stop buying from NY so it makes my preorders easier, lol. 

if you want it faster, and like to buy multiples then BiginJapan can be Cheaper. ^_^ 

1 hour ago, Lolicon said:

Be careful what you wish for. If people stopped shopping there entirely, they'll just go out of business, and then you'll lose your precious "cheapest" option. 

NY sucks. 

Nah, sh9000 and his HMR collection alone can keep them afloat:D

And I'll be there to pick up the crumbs.

1 hour ago, F360 said:

if you want it faster, and like to buy multiples then BiginJapan can be Cheaper. ^_^ 

That's the thing, I don't care how long it takes. Getting something in a few days with EMS or FedEx compared to about a week in most SAL cases means nothing to me in the scheme of life. But saving $10-$40+ per figure, especially when I'm buying hundreds of figures a year ads up to a lot of free figures or money saved quick!

Its definitely a good conversation and I'm not surprised to see the comparisons posted confirm my own calculations I've done many times. I've never used BIJ before but it's good to know about what they offer. 

The main thing is there was so much negativity in here and I'm glad some good info came out of it at least. 

5 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Can't wait to do the same too. But mine is Registered ECO so it might take awhile to get here. I'll await your pics then. ;) 

Now you mentioned it, seems like i chose EMS. Weird ..hmmm...maybe i wasnt paying attention to shipping, cos my other order of drakens Spacks are under Registered SAL...
Now, if only NY would act on it fast too!

34 minutes ago, ridgebacks said:

Did a live chat with NY. Turns out they are closed during the weekend and any update on my (and anyone else's) order and support tickets are on hold until next Monday.

So just wait it out a bit I guess.

Cool thank you for the info. Now I can stop checking email every 2 minutes lol :lol:

11 hours ago, Slave IV said:

I've never used BIJ before but it's good to know about what they offer. 

The main thing is there was so much negativity in here and I'm glad some good info came out of it at least. 

i just put stalkers and people who post annoying things on ignore:lol:

but seriously, i think the complaints are valid, though i don't really  have a complaint against NY for shipping fees or delays myself. i dont think it's negative but helps everyone share with each other what's going on,  there are people who paid high money and expect the price to be honored. people pay for higher shipping speed and expect it to ship on time.  i do remember complaining about NY years ago but i think i'm ok with them these days. i'm not too happy with hlj padding with large grouped items at the moment and rather go with NY 

I just got my 31F today.. Super nice looking!! Have a slight issue though, the packaging/wrap on the fighter's wing has left an imprint of where the tape was.. does anyone know how to get that off without messing with the paint?

On 5/1/2017 at 0:39 AM, 505thAirborne said:

That's crazy man, five 31F's!! Congrats and we need to see all five boxes at one time! :D

On 5/1/2017 at 9:53 AM, seti88 said:

five is enough to protect the walkure ^_^

more than that you can also protect girls generation or any other bubblegum group...

hey Airborne and Seti,

as promised here they are...

LhM6xwvh.png

now... to figure out how many supers. F360 recommended 3 so i think i'll stick with that^_^

17 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

hey Airborne and Seti,

LhM6xwvh.png

now... to figure out how many supers. F360 recommended 3 so i think i'll stick with that^_^

That is one amazing pic David! B))

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

hey Airborne and Seti,

They haven't set the deadline for the VF-31F supers yet so there's still lots of time to decide.  it really depends on how small you want your room to be, the Valk walls are closing in on you.:lol:

3 hours ago, Graham said:

I haven't received any email from NY asking me to pay more. 

But maybe it's bcause I'm in HK, so it's a fairly short journey for the parcel anyway.

14 hours ago, ridgebacks said:

Did a live chat with NY. Turns out they are closed during the weekend and any update on my (and anyone else's) order and support tickets are on hold until next Monday.

So just wait it out a bit I guess.

4 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

5 VF-31F. 3 Supers suggestion? Are you even sure? I'm no genius but I sure know 3 is to 5 is not correct. ^_^

4 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

hey Airborne and Seti,

LhM6xwvh.png

Thats there a valk paradise ...the 31 sure seems to be the best DX to stock up on 8) Best engineered valk most would say...

On the supers, have you considered mix-n-matching? Get more supers but in different colors. With the arm shield cover removable, i would say color combo's are a possibility. 

15 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

5 VF-31F. 3 Supers suggestion? Are you even sure? I'm no genius but I sure know 3 is to 5 is not correct. ^_^

2 more supers in different colors perhaps? hahaha...

26 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

to me fair, it's 3 for now, with time to buy more before pre order deadline if needed.   

This was incase case if he decides that he might not need 5 vf-31f.-_- 

6 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

hey Airborne and Seti,

LhM6xwvh.png

I'm so jealous. I only could afford to get 3 which i haven't received one yet. One in hlj pw and 2 in route with super slow shipping (was a tight month). Hopefully one will reach me soon.

DJwLxrL.jpg

Got mine, 31J Super:wub:

The hi-metal missile not fits at all as the base is for fitted onto hi-metal vf missile box, fit it on anything else will need plenty of blu-tack....

For the super parts, its the best designed super parts of all time, well fitted, with well designed slides and locks, really yummy:p

16 hours ago, sh9000 said:

Anyone here on this forum try the HMR missile effects with a VF-31?  They look pretty good with 1/60 scale.

1 hour ago, CRYO said:

DJwLxrL.jpg

Got mine, 31J Super:wub:

The hi-metal missile not fits at all as the base is for fitted onto hi-metal vf missile box, fit it on anything else will need plenty of blu-tack....

For the super parts, its the best designed super parts of all time, well fitted, with well designed slides and locks, really yummy:p

Looks good.  Thanks for posting a pic.

18 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

That is one amazing pic David! B))

thanks airborne, and i'll see if i can join you in the music threadB))

17 hours ago, F360 said:

They haven't set the deadline for the VF-31F supers yet so there's still lots of time to decide.  it really depends on how small you want your room to be, the Valk walls are closing in on you.:lol:

yeah, i'm worried it'll just close tomorrow:unsure:

14 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

i been thinking about 5 TBH but thinking about if it's worth it. 

14 hours ago, seti88 said:

Thats there a valk paradise ...the 31 sure seems to be the best DX to stock up on 8) Best engineered valk most would say...

On the supers, have you considered mix-n-matching? Get more supers but in different colors. With the arm shield cover removable, i would say color combo's are a possibility. 

2 more supers in different colors perhaps? hahaha...

i never mixed but do have 2x 31J supers coming in this week so i can try and put them on a 31F. i'll post a quick iphone snap with it when it comes in/

14 hours ago, F360 said:

to me fair, it's 3 for now, with time to buy more before pre order deadline if needed.   

This was incase case if he decides that he might not need 5 vf-31f.-_- 

haha yeah i think that was the logic to get 4 to play it safe before finalizing on a final number. but now i that i definitely have 5.... hmmm

12 hours ago, Sandman said:

I'm so jealous. I only could afford to get 3 which i haven't received one yet. One in hlj pw and 2 in route with super slow shipping (was a tight month). Hopefully one will reach me soon.

3 is great! damn how many 31F super are you getting Sandman?B))

9 hours ago, spanner said:

wow! 5 of! nice work! :o:good:

wait! you're the current king of multiple valks, (i unofficially give the crown to you) btw, spanner how many you getting.... did you mention you like the 31J more?

thanks guys for the compliments, it's good to be back on MW among good company:wub:

3 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

wait! you're the current king of multiple valks, (i unofficially give the crown to you) btw, spanner how many you getting.... did you mention you like the 31J more?

I have multiples of a few Valks but not as many as others have! So I can't really accept that crown.. hehe! though I'd love have many more! 

I only got the one 31F as its my least fav of the 31 bunch but I did get 4x 31J! :D

Also, just got shipping notification for my 31J super parts!