1 hour ago, funkymonkeyjavajunky said:

Ok, I contacted customer service at Nippon Yassan. They won't do anything to resolve the issue. I'm stuck with my melted insert. :mellow:

Fortunately, the actual toy seems to have been insulated in its Styrofoam insert, and is undamaged.

That sucks about the insert but as long as the item itself is okay then you're probably good. 

3 hours ago, Mommar said:

Here's the thing, your item isn't actually damaged.  The actual figure the accessories are fine.  I really can't see any company going to any length to replace a plastic box insert.

A good shop will at least offer you something like $10-$20 refund or towards your next purchase like cdjapan and angolz.

9 minutes ago, Mommar said:

For melted plastic packing?

I wouldn't be surprised. The Japanese seem to be quite anal about packaging with new items (wrapped in tissue, bubble wrap, etc). I've ordered stuff from mandarake and jungle that indicated there was damage to the packaging and for the most part they look perfectly new, but maybe not quite "mint". 

4 hours ago, Mommar said:

For melted plastic packing?

In my cases it was damaged boxes and styrofoam but i can't see it being any different for the melted tray. I always say to them that i know it's silly to complain about the packaging but the expectation when these are bought (for me at least, probably others as well) is that the package needs to be reasonably intact/not damaged in case i want to resell it someday. If the package is damaged before i get it (unless i was aware of it) i'm right away losing value of what i bought.

That's why i was pissed when n-y would do anything for me on my vf-25g renewal arrived with a puncture hole all the way through the box and styrofoam. If i decide to resell it i'm going to have to discount it. That's what sucks about buying online. In a store i can at least inspect a package somewhat before i make the decision to buy. I would never choose a valk with a damaged box (unless discounted). I don't think online retailers should ignore these issues. They are just lucky there aren't many other options to shop elsewhere. 

14 minutes ago, Bub said:

Two weeks ago I took pictures of the display.  Is the Mirage still looking red?

DSC_0336.JPG

DSC_0337.JPG

Nice, doesn't look red. I missed out on the first round of pre-orders. Hope it opens up again soon. 

That looks right---but Bandai production never matches Bandai prototype/samples.    (and man, I'm getting worried---Mirage's seems to have had the fewest re-openings of any of the -31's---I've not even had the slightest chance to snag a pre-order)  

1 minute ago, David Hingtgen said:

That looks right---but Bandai production never matches Bandai prototype/samples.    (and man, I'm getting worried---Mirage's seems to have had the fewest re-openings of any of the -31's---I've not even had the slightest chance to snag a pre-order)  

I got 2 orders in at scalper prices: 1 at nin nin and 1 at bandai online. I already cancelled at nin nin because I felt like it was a rip off. They actually offered 10% of the price towards a future order because I complained about the price when I cancelled lol. 

These are all over Japan yahoo auctions at a reasonable markup but are typically blocked by proxy services due to high levels of fraud. 

I hope to get a po at ny or hlj but I wonder if the cost will be wildly different given the bullish yen

2 hours ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I got 2 orders in at scalper prices: 1 at nin nin and 1 at bandai online. I already cancelled at nin nin because I felt like it was a rip off. They actually offered 10% of the price towards a future order because I complained about the price when I cancelled lol. 

These are all over Japan yahoo auctions at a reasonable markup but are typically blocked by proxy services due to high levels of fraud. 

I hope to get a po at ny or hlj but I wonder if the cost will be wildly different given the bullish yen

as someone that got scammed twice Pre-ordering at YAJ, I advise against it. Before I made a PO at YAJ, I made a bit of google search and back then, it was mostly positive and I rarely see negative like non-fulfillment of orders until I got burned once, then after a few month, twice. Good thing I was using Paypal and bad thing is, my FromJapan account is banned now.

1 hour ago, OzmaLee74 said:

Got a preparation in progress email from NY for the super parts

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Yeah, I also just got a preparation in progress email from NY for the super parts :)

I got mine as well! I am excited and I am glad they'll arrive before I go on my vacation

That seems like the standard practice for NY on Bandai premium items now. Promise a great price up front then charge you more at ship time. 

Any other stores do this? BigInJapan? CDJapan?

Anyone used Buyee to purchase from Bandai Premium before? I just received advertising from them about it and tempted to use them for my Messer Super Packs order.

I haven't received my notification for superparts yet <_<

I doubt purchasing through buyee would be cheaper than ny. Buyee charge 3% currency conversion and you would have to pay shipping twice. 

Buyee just switched a 1/60 valk from sal to ems on me which I do not understand. I've shipped1/48's via sal from buyee but somehow this 1/60 was "too bulky". 

Wow messers super parts would look nice on the YF-30. They don't fit the legs wel though. You can see they're just hanging off haha. Neat pics though; dude is having lots of fun with his toys :lol: