23 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

sooo... I don't think I got the head quite right...with those 2 little side neck covers, and it doesn't look as tall as the head does on the box pics.. any help??? 

Did you insert the neck side covers in the slot? From the looks on the side view the neck plate is not pushed back properly. You can check Jenius or Veef's transformation videos.

Jenius' Video. Check at 10:00.

Veef's Video. Check at 18:35.

Edited by no3Ljm

Just now, seti88 said:

i know but it will be abt june before it reaches me...am ok with it but it would be nice if it got released earlier...having a squeaky bum waiting for it...

Yeah. I'm in no rush too. Since it's an expensive set, I just selected NY's Eco Registered shipping option to save a few bucks.

On 4/26/2017 at 8:28 AM, spanner said:

wow! :o that was lightning fast delivery! though were about's you live? 

I'm in Brisbane.  Just a short 7163km south of Tokyo... theoretically I guess if it was a direct courier without having to pass hands, it could get here in day of sending.  I guess we're just so  used to a lack of service these days that it's so surprising when the service is such a significantly high standard.

Anyone order two sets of the new super parts? Considering whether it's worth double dipping cos usually I only get one set of each of the supers, minus the extra set I got for the 25G, and that was only a few months ago. 

Does Hayate's final valk have a different super part colour? Did he even use supers at the end? That is how much attention I paid to the story lol

I've been thinking of picking up an extra set of super parts too. I didn't like them at first but they are growing on me :lol:

I noped out of delta after the first episode so I don't know anything about the variants either. Will have to read the wiki and budget accordingly because I really like the vf-31

2 hours ago, Shukenzero said:

Anyone order two sets of the new super parts? Considering whether it's worth double dipping cos usually I only get one set of each of the supers, minus the extra set I got for the 25G, and that was only a few months ago. 

Does Hayate's final valk have a different super part colour? Did he even use supers at the end? That is how much attention I paid to the story lol

54 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

I've been thinking of picking up an extra set of super parts too. I didn't like them at first but they are growing on me :lol:

I noped out of delta after the first episode so I don't know anything about the variants either. Will have to read the wiki and budget accordingly because I really like the vf-31

Or alternative is to get 5 supers and then you will have different outfits  err i mean loadout schemes for your valk heheh...i got the blue J supers (altho i dont hv the 31j) for messers F, and might get the black F supers too.

though i admit getting 5 supers for 1valk may b overdoing it, plus not all color combos look nice.

The supers are differentiated by color on certain areas/ends like leg shin or wing booster ends. Other than those areas the color should be the same amongst all supers.

You guys should at least try to see more episodes, maybe like episode 1-4, 8/9(was it messers v keith?), 12/13 and last episode.

at least for some valk action heheh.

last episode hayate uses a modified scheme and with anti ship missles. The supers seem to be the same but a release set would probably have extra missile parts bundled. 

Edited by seti88

2 hours ago, Shukenzero said:

Yes, I ordered two 31J's Super Parts for the reason that I might use the 2nd one on my 2nd 31F just in case my planned custom color won't work out on the 31F. It might look nice to see the blue Super Parts on 31F. Also it wouldn't hurt to prepare for a 2nd one knowing that Hayate also used the Super Parts on his revised 31J Ep.26 ver. I didn't see any difference from the Super Parts he used on his regular 31J so I'm assuming it's the same color scheme he used on the last espisode. That unless Bandai will feed us with something new like different tampo or markings for it. I also ordered two of 31F's Super Parts. If ever Bandai will not produce the 31J Ep.26 ver, then you can sell off your extra Super Parts set. ;)

Oh yeah plus the only other small caveat is that the forearm armor will have a number modex specific to the valk. But that doesnt matter to me as its not that large, its only on that part plus i dont really care abt the modex-es..i suppose if u want you can rub it off with lighter fluid or alcahol swabs to make it generic but thts up to individual preference...

8 minutes ago, Blue Meanie said:

I wasnt enthralled with the 31 toy in pics and the even in the show but having the 31F in hand, its gorgeous. I so want bandai to take a crack at the 21/22 it hurts.

So do I. I just don't want it to be as finicky as the 262, but yeah, I'd like to see what kind of engineering they could bring to the table. It'd be interesting to see a similar technique to MP-36 Megatron's legs applied to the Yf-21/VF-22 to maintain the thin profile in fighter, but allow for the bulky flared look in battroid. Anyway, Bandai are proving they're no slouches in the engineering department, although I wish they'd found an easier solution than the cramped double hinge on the 262's wing mount. Really close tolerances aren't beneficial on a highly articulated and extensively painted toy.

Got my VF-31 yesterday, and managed a transformation to GERWALK and Battroid. I was working on a model for a model show today, so I didn't really have the time to mess with it too much. However, my impression is that this is a solid figure with some nice engineering to ensure everything locks into place. The joints are really tight throughout (the bicep swivels are so tight I'm afraid of snapping the lower arm off without bracing and going slowly). The poseable hands are great for fighter, but prove useless otherwise, as the fingers don't close and the optional hands must be utilized if he's to hold his gun. That's crappy, IMO, but whatever. Overall, though, this thing is really nice, and the tampo and paint are amazing.

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Yes, I ordered two 31J's Super Parts for the reason that I might use the 2nd one on my 2nd 31F just in case my planned custom color won't work out on the 31F. It might look nice to see the blue Super Parts on 31F. Also it wouldn't hurt to prepare for a 2nd one knowing that Hayate also used the Super Parts on his revised 31J Ep.26 ver. I didn't see any difference from the Super Parts he used on his regular 31J so I'm assuming it's the same color scheme he used on the last espisode. That unless Bandai will feed us with something new like different tampo or markings for it. I also ordered two of 31F's Super Parts. If ever Bandai will not produce the 31J Ep.26 ver, then you can sell off your extra Super Parts set. ;)

I'll probably grab an extra set come release next month. My regular guy should have a set for me. I bet Bandai will make the final Hayate's supers different in some way to make sure we fork out haha

6 hours ago, derex3592 said:

VF-31 panel line wash test with Flory's Dark Dirt on the bottom of a wing, no clear coat before. Easy. 

20170429_111346.jpg

flory's is the bomb. i use it for literally everything now because it's so much easier than even enamel washing

44 minutes ago, IXTL said:

Google Translate say:

"The superalloy Mirage machine, the procurement photograph was red, but the prototype was purple color on the purple side. Looking at it again, the head of the Mirage machine seems to be the main character."

Purple color. Hmmmm.

Dunno if anyone spotted this or not (sheesh you guys update FAST and CONSTANTLY in this thread), but Amiami has the Messer Ihlefeld VF-31 DX Chokogin back as being available.
I'd get it, but I'll wait until Mirage's version becomes openly available.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-027032&page=top%2Fsearch%2Flist%3Fs_seriestitle_id%3D238%24pagemax%3D40%24getcnt%3D0%24pagecnt%3D1

17 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Google Translate say:

"The superalloy Mirage machine, the procurement photograph was red, but the prototype was purple color on the purple side. Looking at it again, the head of the Mirage machine seems to be the main character."

Purple color. Hmmmm.

Hmmn.  So are they saying the actual release will probably be more purple, or that only the proto was purple and the final release will be reddish like we've seen?  :wacko:     Also, I've not seen a Mirage proto with a type-J head (unless they mean someone besides Hayate is the main character)  

52 minutes ago, David Hingtgen said:

Hmmn.  So are they saying the actual release will probably be more purple, or that only the proto was purple and the final release will be reddish like we've seen?  :wacko:     Also, I've not seen a Mirage proto with a type-J head (unless they mean someone besides Hayate is the main character)  

Maybe they meant that 31C's head looks more a star than 31J's. Or the 31C's head has that hero look to be the main Valk than the 31J's. Either way I think they're right. Looking at it now the 31C head is kind of more hero-ish looking than the 31J's. 

2 hours ago, David Hingtgen said:

I think it means, the actual physical valk is more purple , but when taken with a camera is looks more red, or something along those lines.   

6 hours ago, F360 said:

I think it means, the actual physical valk is more purple , but when taken with a camera is looks more red, or something along those lines.   

But, I mean--every pic we've ever seen of a model of Mirage's valk (Tomy 1/144, Bandai 1/72 kit, etc),---has been taken with a camera.  Yet they always look purple, or at least magenta/fuschia--never red like the latest DX pics.   It's not "just how cameras see Mirage's color".  

56 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

paid for my 5th 31F

going to ship it with soundwave and star scream

That's crazy man, five 31F's!! Congrats and we need to see all five boxes at one time! :D