8 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

I do have to ask, did Messer even use battroid at all in the series?  I may have just blanked it from memory, but it seemed he spent 99% of his time in fighter mode scissoring with Keith. :p 

Kind of mixed feelings about the head probe popping off.. on the one hand it might mean sloppy build quality.. but I never liked the probe anyway, so depending on the hole it leaves I might just leave it off, or mount something else there like an ECM blister.

What does the area underneath the probe look like? Does it leave an unpainted recess when it's removed, or is it just a hole/slot to plug in?

My copy has no issues with the head probe. It fits snugly and securely. The underside of the probe is an unpainted recess in the shape of an oval in white. It's quite ugly if you leave the probe out.

The reason I hate the battroid head so much is because it looks like a cross between an alien, a skullface, and an insect. Not a flattering combination.

Edited by ArchieNov

49 minutes ago, davidwhangchoi said:

anybody order more than 3 messers? i got 4 incoming and might pay for one more. this thing looks hot!  

Well look who's back!! B))

I look forward to your pics of four Messer VF-31's! 

1 hour ago, davidwhangchoi said:

anybody order more than 3 messers? i got 4 incoming and might pay for one more. this thing looks hot!  

wow! you got 4 coming and might even get a 5th! :o

And welcome back?? where did you go? I notice your post count has been reset? 

1 minute ago, spanner said:

So by the unofficial rules of Macross toy collecting that means you need to now get 6 spanner. :p

I'm sticking to 2 for Messer, one in Fighter and one in Gerwalk, I don't like the F head, so no battroid mode for me.

For my two VF-31J, one is in Fighter and will have the Super Parts added once they are released, The other J is displayed in Battroid. May add the Super Parts, haven't decided yet.

21 minutes ago, spanner said:

and by 6 I mean at least 6! :D

training for a six pack eh! :D 

20 minutes ago, Graham said:

I'm sticking to 2 for Messer, one in Fighter and one in Gerwalk, I don't like the F head, so no battroid mode for me.

For my two VF-31J, one is in Fighter and will have the Super Parts added once they are released, The other J is displayed in Battroid. May add the Super Parts, haven't decided yet.

I am adding hayate's supers just to see how messers valk would look like in blue ^_^

2 minutes ago, spanner said:

I can't wait! for me its one of the most exciting Macross related future releases! I dearly hope they do make them!

Its sooo beautiful! :wub:

vf-31a_arad.thumb.jpg.f1d44826fe2de8ef3eb55d47839e184f.jpg

dont forget arad's A too!

27 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Given the pilot placement on the toy, that shot should have taken his head clean off, rather than through the heart. 

Still fatal though. Obviously. :wacko:

hehe! with a hole in the canopy that size it would have blown him to bits! 

Edited by spanner

Paid - Friday

Sent - Saturday

Received - Monday

Super quick processing to get it out to the customer.  Thanks AmiAmi!

The VF-31F Messer is the only Delta Valkyrie which I'll be getting.  Here's a very quick and dirty photo of my playing with it last night seeing if I can get some sort of dynamic flight pose going.

Messer.jpg

6 hours ago, Old Man said:

3 for each mode, and 1 MISB, eh?

oh you should get at least 3 too =)

6 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

Well look who's back!! B))

I look forward to your pics of four Messer VF-31's! 

what's up airborne =) long time. i'm still looking for some arm pit covers for that 1/48 armor i sold youB))

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

Welcome back david! Think you should be the one currently holding the lead on per copies of messer! :lol:

thanks seti for the welcome back! i think spanner might take that crown:D

6 hours ago, spanner said:

speaking of spanner, hey! long time! i posted this in the other thread:

i asked Danguard Ace a few years ago to de-activate my account as just wanted to lurk. He told me to talk to EXO if i ever wanted to re-activate it. a few weeks later, i just told EXO to perma wipe the account so i don't have the temptation. fast forward a few months ago, i needed to sell some stuff but MW wasn't allowing registrations for maintenance.  I just signed up a an account to sell some stuff =)     

5 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

So by the unofficial rules of Macross toy collecting that means you need to now get 6 spanner. :p

spanner, how many are you getting of Messers?

5 hours ago, spanner said:

I'll wait for the VF-31A and I'll get six of them! LOL! :lol:

that will be amazing to see!

5 hours ago, Graham said:

kinda reminds me: i'm not sure how many messer super parts to order =/

5 hours ago, Graham said:

The Kairos is gonna be damn tempting to buy multiples.

i'm definitely in for mulitples

Edited by davidwhangchoi

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

training for a six pack eh! :D 

I am adding hayate's supers just to see how messers valk would look like in blue ^_^

vf-31a_arad.thumb.jpg.f1d44826fe2de8ef3eb55d47839e184f.jpg

dont forget arad's A too!

Seeing that shot, I was hoping I could fold the pods like that on the actual DX figure. But no luck.. :sorry:

As for the Black and Blue scheme... looks perfect, right?

31F-blue_13.jpg.95871639c9c65d4baba2efcc555eb00b.jpg

Sorry, can't help posting the same pic over and over. Hahaha! :lol: Looking forward to do the same thing once I get my 31J Super Parts.

3 hours ago, davidwhangchoi said:

i asked Danguard Ace a few years ago to de-activate my account as just wanted to lurk. He told me to talk to EXO if i ever wanted to re-activate it. a few weeks later, i just told EXO to perma wipe the account so i don't have the temptation. fast forward a few months ago, i needed to sell some stuff but MW wasn't allowing registrations for maintenance.  I just signed up a an account to sell some stuff =)     

Looking forward to your upcoming list of sales, David. ;) 

1 hour ago, no3Ljm said:

Limited to one per customer? :ph34r:

No. They're Bandai. They can build as many as get PO'd. 

Also, with the large number of outlets available, you don't necessarily need to be limited to one. HLJ, NY, Ami Ami, CDJapan, and so on. Grab one from each. 

18 minutes ago, Sildani said:

No. They're Bandai. They can build as many as get PO'd. 

Also, with the large number of outlets available, you don't necessarily need to be limited to one. HLJ, NY, Ami Ami, CDJapan, and so on. Grab one from each. 

I'm just fooling around on the limited to one per customer because most of members here wants multiple 31A's. And besides, you mentioned earlier that you're hoping that it will be a Tamashii Web Exclusive release so basically not all the shops you mentioned will carry it. Hence, my joke on limited to one since you can order multiples at NY for Tamashii Web Exclusive items. ;)

Been blessed so far in getting PO's for the first three Seigfrieds. Am hoping that I'll be able to secure Chuck's and Arad's as well. The Kairos looks tempting, but is not really on my to-get list. There's only one DX Delta valk that I don't want to miss and it's this:

924066FD-306A-49E2-AB11-BA6495896066-1283-000001DC7205AFDF.jpeg

Wow that was fast!!! Came out last Friday and I got it to my door in Toronto, Canada today via EMS.  That's been the fastest and no customs & duties to boot!!!  I feel lucky, maybe its time to buy a lottery ticket.  I find that if I go FedEx, it always get caught in Customs, plus they charge a $9.95 handling fee on top of the customs, duties and HST tax on the value of the parcel, but if I go EMS, sometimes (not always) it sneaks though maybe 50% of the time (I'll take that!) - just my observations for Canada.

Looks like they "cleared" up the forward red sensors - it looks more clear than red paint on the VF-31J.  Its too bad they haven't gotten rid of that horrible speckly painted canopy or that fuselage gap right behind the canopy though.