On 4/23/2017 at 1:08 AM, Scyla said:

is the blue stripe on the VF-31Fs beam gun-pod accurate to the animation?

Sad to see that there are no changes to the PT hands. I think every thing about the Siegfried is better than the Messiah but the hands. Which brings the toy down a notch.

if am not mistaken, they all had the same blue stripe as a standard gunpod for all valks in the show.

On 4/23/2017 at 3:56 AM, Pedro2k6 said:

Little review from overseas.

Thanks for the post.

1) i like how the grey markings on the forward fuselage collars are more visible against black :) Certainly makes it look more military.

2) Reaper tampo seems to be still intact after his repeated test bends on the pod hinge.  

On 4/23/2017 at 4:09 AM, sh9000 said:

Whoa the HMR effect parts don't look bad with the VF-31F.  Double win.

Hmm wonder if the missile parts are translucent enough to shine light from the launch part, to glow the smoke trail a bit.

lastly, some of the pics from the livedoor link...

5315cd51-s.thumb.jpg.807b0e26a6be5fcf16e7718877e45a7f.jpg

channeling the SDF!

and

c22b7a03-s.thumb.jpg.b204c996e0daabd91a5d67f205dacb96.jpg

Gerwalk mode FTW!! 

Just opened mine. Interesting, the preinstalled head crest and lasers are made of rigid plastic. The spares are the same too. I had expected that the preinstalled ones were going to be made of the softer PVC material (similar to how they had been doing it in prior releases). I like the change.

After looking at it more in hand, I stand by my opinion which I made several months ago (which apparently spanner also shares). This color scheme is meh. And the emblem on the back makes it look kinda silly because it sticks out like a sore thumb being the only blue color on the plane.

Edited by ArchieNov

After seeing all the pics, I just broke down and ordered a second VF-31F from NY, even though my first one from AmiAmi is still on the way...............I'm weak, I know.:help: :p

Gonna keep one in Fighter mode and the other in GERWALK.

The VF-31F is definitely my favorite colour scheme from the show, with the possible expection of the VF-31A.

#valkoholicsanonymous

Received two boxes this morning :) 

One extra large one from HLJ with my PW stash and the other with my VF-31F. Now I'm on doubles of the SV-262 and the F, and have to say, I'm loving the design. It's the closest to a 'serious' valk Delta has, aside from the Kairos. 

My came with a SUPER tight left arm swivel, below the shoulder and it took a lot of strength to twist. Tampo printing was spot on for both units, and no peeling white tampo on the 262 either.

4 hours ago, Graham said:

After seeing all the pics, I just broke down and ordered a second VF-31F from NY, even though my first one from AmiAmi is still on the way...............I'm weak, I know.:help: :p

Gonna keep one in Fighter mode and the other in GERWALK.

The VF-31F is definitely my favorite colour scheme from the show, with the possible expection of the VF-31A.

#valkoholicsanonymous

My 31J is still in fighter mode ever  since I got it...

Just handled my 31F. 

They did a really good job painting the reaper insignia over all the joints. No signs of paint chips or wear after the first transformation. It looks like Bandai tilted the angle of the insignia's placement to avoid having the reaper's face go over the joints.

I'm starting to feel Siegfried fatigue after this and Hayate's and am considering giving up my Mirage pre-order. Between the high pricing and the pre-order madness, being selective is probably for the best.

Will probably stick around for the Sv-262Ba and maybe the Kairos.

Edited by IXTL

I'll grab the 171 if it comes out, because even the dodgy CF 171s are going for an insane amount ($200 or so) on eBay. 

Will definitely grab a Kairos, hopefully it'll be a Tamashii Web Exclusive like the VF-27 was so I can avoid the PO madness. I'm just too old for that crap any more after the debacle with Mirage's 31C. 

Finally I'll get one 262Ba because I like the design and it has brand new engineering. Just don't know whose will come out. Bogue's? Kassim's? Hermann's?

Man, I can't wait for mine!

And Im definitely in for all of Delta Flight. Im considering a second Hayate fighter to put the armor on, Im going to wait and see if I like tat before i buy any of the others. Im more so-so on the 262, may get one more. 

Edited by Scream Man

I'm tempted to pick this up but trying to hold out for Mirage's 31C, assuming it comes up for air again after the insane pre-order rush. Hayate and Mirage will do for me in this line, although I am a tiny bit jealous at the full set some people will be showing off next year, lucky buggers.

1 minute ago, Mommar said:

Shipped via what?  I'm still waiting for LA Customs to do whatever it is they do.

I had them ship via EMS.

NY CUstoms is wildly inconsistent. I have a side-labor ingram 2 that only took 2 days to get from HK to US, but has been in customs for 32 days lmao

18 minutes ago, Duymon said:

I had them ship via EMS.

NY CUstoms is wildly inconsistent. I have a side-labor ingram 2 that only took 2 days to get from HK to US, but has been in customs for 32 days lmao

Yeah, Messer is sitting in LA Customs via EMS.  Figuarts Ryu and Chun-Li are waiting to be picked up in town via Fed Ex though.

Looks like both of my VF-31F's made it to San Fran already. Hopefully they both land by tomorrow while the wife is at home. They shipped from CDJ and Amiami. Looks like international shipping times are down atm giving us speedy shipping times.

I do have to ask, did Messer even use battroid at all in the series?  I may have just blanked it from memory, but it seemed he spent 99% of his time in fighter mode scissoring with Keith. :p 

Kind of mixed feelings about the head probe popping off.. on the one hand it might mean sloppy build quality.. but I never liked the probe anyway, so depending on the hole it leaves I might just leave it off, or mount something else there like an ECM blister.

What does the area underneath the probe look like? Does it leave an unpainted recess when it's removed, or is it just a hole/slot to plug in?

1 hour ago, Chronocidal said:

I do have to ask, did Messer even use battroid at all in the series?  I may have just blanked it from memory, but it seemed he spent 99% of his time in fighter mode scissoring with Keith. :p 

Kind of mixed feelings about the head probe popping off.. on the one hand it might mean sloppy build quality.. but I never liked the probe anyway, so depending on the hole it leaves I might just leave it off, or mount something else there like an ECM blister.

What does the area underneath the probe look like? Does it leave an unpainted recess when it's removed, or is it just a hole/slot to plug in?

He used it a bit in the first episode to stop a raging Zentradi from crushing Kaname. I remember that well cause it is kind of what got me into the 31F Battroid (I actually like the head). After that.....

Well he was in Gerwalk a few times at least.

4 hours ago, Duymon said:

I had them ship via EMS.

Yeah I live in CT and NY customs are a nightmare. I have two frame arm girls coming in this week from hobby link and they sat in customs for 3 days with no update. They just got to Hartford today so I should get em tomorrow. Messer is still somewhere between Japan outbound and received at NY. Maybe in customs, maybe still sitting on a plane. Kinda frustrating there isn't more transparency.

47 minutes ago, Toonz said:

Nice! which Kaname figure is that?

It's the SQ game prize figure. :mellow:

If you remove the horn, it leaves an unpainted hole in the head. You could always just putty it in and paint over it if you want a smooth head with no horn.

Mine popped off during some handling, but it didn't feel flimsy. I'd rather it pop off then snap off. I was more concerned about this horn breaking than the 31J's.

On a side note, while my Hayate pilot figure fits snug in the cockpit, Messer rattles around, though there isn't enough space in the cockpit for him to actually fly out of his seat during, uhh, "maneuvers". :rolleyes:

10 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

If you remove the horn, it leaves an unpainted hole in the head. You could always just putty it in and paint over it if you want a smooth head with no horn.

Mine popped off during some handling, but it didn't feel flimsy. I'd rather it pop off then snap off. I was more concerned about this horn breaking than the 31J's.

On a side note, while my Hayate pilot figure fits snug in the cockpit, Messer rattles around, though there isn't enough space in the cockpit for him to actually fly out of his seat during, uhh, "maneuvers". :rolleyes:

thanks for the info, got to search for it.

i think a tiny bit of blu/white tack will keep Messer sitting properly :)

got to check mine when it arrives.

53 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

Messer is just practicing his beam dodging skills. Sources close to me say that did not work out well for him though.

42 minutes ago, Toonz said:

thanks for the info, got to search for it.

i think a tiny bit of blu/white tack will keep Messer sitting properly :)

got to check mine when it arrives.

Or.. red tack.. all over the cockpit... for authenticity?