My bank sux ass.... sooo.. i just pre-fund my paypal account a few days before payment date and I've never had a problem since.

Just need to make sure not to get tempted and use those sitting paypal funds on an impulse buy, that's all......yeah.......

24 minutes ago, Eslim109 said:

Wow I never knew you could choose to take the cc's conversion rate over PayPal's!!! :o 

could have been saving so much. Dang you PayPal with your rip off conversion rates!!!

22 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Dang this option to choose the rate was what i was searching for! Thanks F360!:good:

Yeah, paypal play it pretty hidden.

There's also another way that you can switch it to alway do that by default but sometimes they CHANGE it for YOU, suppose glitch.  money make bug. lol

Main page (My account - Overview)
Click on the Settings Icon (upper right) to view your Profile
Go to "Payments" tab
Under My Preapproved Payments (bottom left), click "Manage Pre-Approved Payments"
Click on Set Available Funding Sources
Next to your credit card there should be a link for "Conversion Options". Click on that.
Select Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice.
Submit and Save changes

This is suppose to save it as your Default,  which you will not have to change or switch every time you need to pay in Yen.  BUT it Glitches here and there:ph34r:

24 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

It used the 1 USD = 105.436 JPY rate.

That's the PayPal conversion rate. You should have got around 1 usd = 109 jpy

19 minutes ago, F360 said:

It seems HLJ is trying out a different company too. GOInterpay so maybe that would be better.

https://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005446448-GoInterpay-Payment-Processing-Provider

I remember last time when paypal had the glitch I was having similar issues,.

I ended up setup 1 Creditcard for all my international payments, and another for all USA payments.  This way kinda prevented that from happening often but still happen from time to time and I had to do like my pic guide above to fix it.  They might have try to default to the currency that you last used you creditcard for.

After that, I did not change anything on my paypal account anymore.  I'm still at 1 Creditcard for all my international payments, and another for all USA payments

I setup a new PayPal account just for purchasing from Japanese stores and got a credit card with no fees to do it. Everything has been dandy and all my charges are for Yen through that account. This issue just happened today. Really annoying.

Edited by Slave IV

27 minutes ago, F360 said:

Yeah, paypal play it pretty hidden.

There's also another way that you can switch it to alway do that by default but sometimes they CHANGE it for YOU, suppose glitch.  money make bug. lol

Main page (My account - Overview)
Click on the Settings Icon (upper right) to view your Profile
Go to "Payments" tab
Under My Preapproved Payments (bottom left), click "Manage Pre-Approved Payments"
Click on Set Available Funding Sources
Next to your credit card there should be a link for "Conversion Options". Click on that.
Select Bill me in the currency listed on the seller's invoice.
Submit and Save changes

This is suppose to save it as your Default,  which you will not have to change or switch every time you need to pay in Yen.  BUT it Glitches here and there:ph34r:

I concur. They somehow defaulted my conversion rate back to Paypal, even after updating it twice. The recent UI change seems to be very 'buggy'. :rolleyes:

Quite annoyed at Paypal. They secretly adjusted the currency conversion settings on my no transaction fee CC to use Paypal conversion rate, when it has always been set to use my cards conversion rate in the past (it was correctly set 2 weeks prior to my purchase of the VF-31F). Wasted $10 on this. I think I will be calling Paypal to complain and see if they can resolve this.

I've set it back to use my cards conversion rate again, but who knows if it'll secretly change back again. 

It feels like Paypal did this to everyone accounts so they could score some easy "oops" money from their customers. so shady!

EDIT: Rang Paypal to complain, and they acknowledged that I should have not been charged using the Paypal conversion fee as my previous transactions were all opting out, so the payment has been flagged for review. Hopefully can get a refund from Paypal for the difference.

Edited by eggy99

25 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

Quite annoyed at Paypal. They secretly adjusted the currency conversion settings on my no transaction fee CC to use Paypal conversion rate, when it has always been set to use my cards conversion rate in the past (it was correctly set 2 weeks prior to my purchase of the VF-31F). Wasted $10 on this. I think I will be calling Paypal to complain and see if they can resolve this.

I've set it back to use my cards conversion rate again, but who knows if it'll secretly change back again. 

It feels like Paypal did this to everyone accounts so they could score some easy "oops" money from their customers. so shady!

EDIT: Rang Paypal to complain, and they acknowledged that I should have not been charged using the Paypal conversion fee as my previous transactions were all opting out, so the payment has been flagged for review. Hopefully can get a refund from Paypal for the difference.

Yeah, some of us have ben talking about this the last few pages. Happened to me too. I talked to them and there is no way you're getting money back unless you get a full refund and then recharge it. Even then, there is a high chance of the same issue.

16 minutes ago, QEssential said:

WTF??? Am I the only one terribly bothered by this??? I'm really tempted to cancel until they fix this for the renewals! 

Nope, others mentioned it and some were appaled and some like me think it's an absurd thing to be bothered by.

20 minutes ago, QEssential said:

WTF??? Am I the only one terribly bothered by this??? I'm really tempted to cancel until they fix this for the renewals! 

Would I prefer it be more angled? Sure. Definitely not "terribly" bothered by it though. I'm curious if the lack of angle was strategic to dodge having it go across more moving pieces. Since I plan to transform my toys, if it was done to help avoid issues, then I'm less bothered by it. If they just set a machine wrong then yeah... lame. I don't think I have the patience to wait several years for a reissue that may/may not address it.

3 hours ago, F360 said:

made a quick guide on how to change on the fly.

With paypal's conversion it's $152.90 (with their conversion rate, wink ,wink)

with own Visa Credit Card (zero foreign transaction fee)  it's $148.16

$4.74 differences.  which is around 3.2% extra that you could save by using a Credit Card (zero foreign transaction fee)

The saving add up quick.

Paypal.thumb.jpg.76c4236052801cf288bac08ec6e3359c.jpg

Thanks F360! That helps :)

I thk the reason of having 2 options could be due to currency fluctuations for paypal so that they themselves could have leeway on not losing on exchange rates.
That being said, fluctuations havent been that wild to warrant it, but who knows going forward with the US stance on currencies.

1 hour ago, Duymon said:

OMG AWESOME. the unicorn horn is remove-able.

When I get mine I'm gonna make a custom cap.

On one hand i like that they tot of folks who might break it. On the other, i hope its not too loose that it would pop off easy.

But kudos to bandai for being consumer friendly in this regard!

Now, on to shapeways for extravagant headgear!  Or how would a fedora look on messer's valk? ....:D

58faf1513917f_images(11).jpg.2939d834ea892a1740a9d6c8033cde60.jpg

1 hour ago, QEssential said:

57 minutes ago, jenius said:

Would I prefer it be more angled? Sure. Definitely not "terribly" bothered by it though. I'm curious if the lack of angle was strategic to dodge having it go across more moving pieces. Since I plan to transform my toys, if it was done to help avoid issues, then I'm less bothered by it. If they just set a machine wrong then yeah... lame. I don't think I have the patience to wait several years for a reissue that may/may not address it.

The fact that it got through the whole promo cycle with nary a fuss maybe meant the angle wasn't that obvious in the first place.
Tho i can understand the frustration accuracy wise. 

I was also kinda miffed that they overlooked that, but its not a deal breaker for me. 
Of course am biased, cos i found the angled reaper in fighter mode left to much empty space to be desired. This way at least it looks to own the space on the fuselage.

Lastly, I dont think its in Bandai's fashion to have fixes for small issues. They didn't have any renewals for the 30 nor the reissued 29 with the upside down SMS tampo. So i wouldn't hold my breathe for them to do anything here.

Edited by seti88

to give them credit they were very forward about the "upside down SMS tampo issue", had announcements, postings and even replacement shoulders and instructions.  Some of them even have the shoulders already replaced for you . :mellow:

More waiting for me. I already had my SV-262 sitting in PW waiting for the VF-31F to come in stock, but as I was going to go request shipping on everything I noticed preorders for SoC Daizyujin opened back up again. So now I gotta wait another week or two so I can add a Megazord to the shipment. at least I have one hell of a box to look forward to.

PayPal made a refresh of their system again. My earlier purchase from Mandarake ended up billed to me in my local currency(meaning they did the conversion and not the bank's. I set it up to Bill me in yen before.

Made the settings clear again before paying the 31f.

is the blue stripe on the VF-31Fs beam gun-pod accurate to the animation?

Sad to see that there are no changes to the PT hands. I think every thing about the Siegfried is better than the Messiah but the hands. Which brings the toy down a notch.

Pleasantly surprised the HMR effect parts doesn't scale too badly with the DX, now I wish I grabbed more than one set! Still, it's not like the Siegfried ever fired any missiles in the actual show *grumble grumble*