8 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Woohoo!!! Payment processed and just instructed PW to ship - although shipping slightly higher than with the VF-31J hmmm.

I've noticed that hlj and ny shipping has gotten a little pricey. It doesn't seem to coincide with shipping tables/weights from ems etc. 

HLJ collected my payment, and I've already set up shipment for Draken and Seigfried and paid the shipping cost. Now we play the waiting game.

3rd one paid for at HLJ and ready to ship with my giant box of goodies. I noticed the shipping was a little higher than before. Shipping cost the same as my 2x Millia from NY but for a much larger box of stuff. NY really does gouge on shipping.

Anyway, now we play the waiting game.

"PayPal is unable to complete the payment" 

called paypal, they say it's not on their end

so if I call my bank tomorrow (whom I already called to clear purchases from Japan) and they say it's not them I'm not banking on hlj being cooperative so probably rip valk since this one card is the one method of payment I have. Not sure if I want to buy a visa gift card to try my luck there 

What a drag

if anyone would like to offer advice that would be most appreciated 

Edited by zaino

11 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

There seems to be an issue with PayPal right now. I called and they claim there is a bug in the system. I've been unable to make a purchase from HLJ without getting charged PayPal's conversion rate. Anyone else notice this?

They were like this at Christmas time.  Are you using the visa now?   If so when you see their conversation rate at the payment screen , stop , click on the rate thats in blue and it should allow you to switch using your credits card rate .  Then you will not see the rate chart and then finalizd payment.  

44 minutes ago, zaino said:

"PayPal is unable to complete the payment" 

called paypal, they say it's not on their end

so if I call my bank tomorrow (whom I already called to clear purchases from Japan) and they say it's not them I'm not banking on hlj being cooperative so probably rip valk since this one card is the one method of payment I have. Not sure if I want to buy a visa gift card to try my luck there 

What a drag

if anyone would like to offer advice that would be most appreciated 

Bank dont normaly block paypal payments even if its overseas .  So you can try to pay from the email later tonight or tomorrow.  

8 hours ago, F360 said:

Theres tracking for sal register .  

6 hours ago, HG Blows said:

Yeah, the lowest I'll go is registered SAL.  Can't roll the dice too much with a $200 figure...

Oh i tot you went for the sea shipping without tracking, and yes, SAL registered is better than EMS heheh...

7 hours ago, Slave IV said:

PO cancelled! Actually it was!:(

But seriously, I don't care that the insignia is a few degrees off. Do people have screenshots posted right next to the toy and have fits over any detail that doesn't match perfectly?:lol: If it was something that made the toy look like crap, I can understand but it looks fine...probably better the way it is.

Oh no, cancelled at the time messer is released? :(

8 minutes ago, F360 said:

Bank dont normaly block paypal payments even if its overseas .  So you can try to pay from the email later tonight or tomorrow.  

I have an support request out to hlj so I will try later tonight / tomorrow morning and see what my bank says tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

20 hours ago, Slave IV said:

There seems to be an issue with PayPal right now. I called and they claim there is a bug in the system. I've been unable to make a purchase from HLJ without getting charged PayPal's conversion rate. Anyone else notice this?

made a quick guide on how to change on the fly.

With paypal's conversion it's $152.90 (with their conversion rate, wink ,wink)

with own Visa Credit Card (zero foreign transaction fee)  it's $148.16

$4.74 differences.  which is around 3.2% extra that you could save by using a Credit Card (zero foreign transaction fee)

The saving add up quick.

Paypal.thumb.jpg.f8316a02083f705c6235b2bb01b52723.jpg

Edited by F360

you could also try linking a bank account to your paypal and top up your paypal balance, then use that to pay HLJ manually (send JPY amount to paypal@hlj.com & quote your HLJ customer ID number & order number). but it will use paypal's conversion rate.

My bank ALWAYS blocks HLJ.   Have to call every time lately.  Even though I've had them note it to allow HLJ, and Japan.   Still gets blocked.  It's not the credit card company, it's not HLJ, it's not PayPal.  It's the bank that issued the credit card.  

14 minutes ago, F360 said:

$4.74 differences.  which is around 3.2% extra that you could save by using a Credit Card (zero foreign transaction fee)

The saving add up quick.

Paypal.thumb.jpg.76c4236052801cf288bac08ec6e3359c.jpg

this worked! i love you:wub:

18110641_10156098752833327_1385971466_n.png?oh=8fa124661201ff85fe85df8cbd5db14c&oe=58FDC850

38 minutes ago, F360 said:

They were like this at Christmas time.  Are you using the visa now?   If so when you see their conversation rate at the payment screen , stop , click on the rate thats in blue and it should allow you to switch using your credits card rate .  Then you will not see the rate chart and then finalizd payment.  

31 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Oh i tot you went for the sea shipping without tracking, and yes, SAL registered is better than EMS heheh...

Oh no, cancelled at the time messer is released? :(

19 minutes ago, F360 said:

Thanks man! I followed all your instructions from before and been using a no fee MC for a while now. Today, it went back to charging me the PayPal conversion again with no change in my part. I called them and got a bunch of blah blah blah about a known bug and tried their suggestion of deactivating any existing payment agreement and resetting but it still didn't work. I tried all those methods you've mentioned and in the second case, no coversion rate was not shown, only yen but I still got the damn PayPal charge. 

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Thanks man! I followed all your instructions from before and been using a no fee MC for a while now. Today, it went back to charging me the PayPal conversion again with no change in my part. I called them and got a bunch of blah blah blah about a known bug and tried their suggestion of deactivating any existing payment agreement and resetting but it still didn't work. I tried all those methods you've mentioned and in the second case, no coversion rate was not shown, only yen but I still got the damn PayPal charge. 

damn, looks like paypal missed you and is trying get you back in a sneaky way.:angry:   hope they fix this for you soon. 

28 minutes ago, F360 said:

The saving add up quick.

Wow I never knew you could choose to take the cc's conversion rate over PayPal's!!! :o 

could have been saving so much. Dang you PayPal with your rip off conversion rates!!!

17 minutes ago, MikeRoz said:

My HLJ -31 paid for itself through PayPal via a billing agreement. Shipping notice received.

Did you get charged PayPal conversion fees?

1 minute ago, F360 said:

damn, looks like paypal missed you and is trying get you back in a sneaky way.:angry:   hope they fix this for you soon. 

Lol, I don't know wtf is up but I wish HLJ went back to their old merchant account. Never had so many problems with them before. 

2 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Did you get charged PayPal conversion fees?

Lol, I don't know wtf is up but I wish HLJ went back to their old merchant account. Never had so many problems with them before. 

It seems HLJ is trying out a different company too. GOInterpay so maybe that would be better.

https://support.hlj.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005446448-GoInterpay-Payment-Processing-Provider

I remember last time when paypal had the glitch I was having similar issues,.

I ended up setup 1 Creditcard for all my international payments, and another for all USA payments.  This way kinda prevented that from happening often but still happen from time to time and I had to do like my pic guide above to fix it.  They might have try to default to the currency that you last used you creditcard for.

After that, I did not change anything on my paypal account anymore.  I'm still at 1 Creditcard for all my international payments, and another for all USA payments