28 minutes ago, seti88 said:

No limit on storage sounds interesting, whats the catch with AE compared to HLJ? Shipping costs?

Shipping is usually a bit more but nothing significant. The main catch with AE is everything is pay up front. Except shipping. Again, you decide and pay shipping when you want. 

33 minutes ago, seti88 said:

Ah right, i do like the option of paying later if possible.
However it sounds good overall, should have known em before, when i had so many pay upfronts via N-Y...

will keep em in mind tho, thx for the heads-up! 

NP. AE and NY are the main two that get Bandai exclusive items and those are always pay up front at both places. NY has pay later when in stock for everything else.

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

Their PW is one of the best because there is essentially no limit on how long they store things for you. All your purchases are in your account until you decide which ones to ship. 

Thanks Slave for the update. 

If I requested a shipping estimate already, do I have to pay right away or am I allowed to pay any time I wish?

I can understand that I can not request to combine my order with other items after requesting shipping estimates. Just curious if there is a timeline I have to send payment

8 minutes ago, Eslim109 said:

Thanks Slave for the update. 

If I requested a shipping estimate already, do I have to pay right away or am I allowed to pay any time I wish?

I can understand that I can not request to combine my order with other items after requesting shipping estimates. Just curious if there is a timeline I have to send payment

I don't remember but usually when you request any kind of order (product or shipping), they expect payment within a reasonable amount of time.

edit: I just checked one of my shipping payment requests and there was no time limit mentioned. It's possible they don't care since you already paid for the item and they just won't ship until you pay. 

Edited by Slave IV

13 hours ago, chyll2 said:

VF-31E has super packs but it has no drones

Thanks!  I guess I'll have to see if there's any orange on the packs to decide - I love orange. 

22 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

Just noticed I missed payment deadline for 31F at NY and got cancelled. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu!

ouch! sorry to hear that bro.. How did you manage that? I'm sure you'll be able to find one somewhere else after release.. you'll most likely just have to pay a little more for it.

My wife actually ordered it for me from her account because she was helping me on preorder night. I wasn't able to get one but she did. Unfortunately, she hasn't been checking her email :(. I noticed it was about to come out and forgot I never got one, didn't think much of it but asked her to see if she got any notices. Mailbox full of notices including early release and cancellation for failure to pay. I'll get one but yeah, it's going to cost more than NY. 

Edit: yeah, HLJ and most other places don't request payment until it's in stock. 

Edited by Slave IV

3 minutes ago, Slave IV said:

My wife actually ordered it for me from her account because she was helping me on preorder night. I wasn't able to get one but she did. Unfortunately, she hasn't been checking her email :(. I noticed it was about to come out and forgot I never got one, didn't think much of it but asked her to see if she got any notices. Mailbox full of notices including early release and cancellation for failure to pay. I'll get one but yeah, it's going to cost more than NY. 

My wife don't even let me order one, let alone ordering one for me. On the plus side, your wife's a keeper :good:

14 minutes ago, Valkyrie2008 said:

My wife don't even let me order one, let alone ordering one for me. On the plus side, your wife's a keeper :good:

Haha, yeah! She's actually the one that convinced me to get back into collecting since she knew it makes me happy. I freaked out a bit but just dropped her off to get a massage. Love that woman!

6 hours ago, seti88 said:

No limit on storage sounds interesting, whats the catch with AE compared to HLJ? Shipping costs?

The longer you keep the item in their private warehouse the dirtier it will get.  Also, HLJ will just throw your item in the shipping box with maybe one or two plastic bubbles.( thus the cheap shipping cost? I guess?)  It will shake, rattle and roll on its way to you.  Basically, don't expect a pristine, minty , shiny item box when it arrives.  That's a shame considering AmiAmi, CD japan, NY and Hobby Search all use bubble wrap. 

I've never had any issues with HLJ's shipping, but the things I order also tend to fit astoundingly well in the boxes they use.  Their standard shipping box is roughly the same footprint of a 1/72 Bandai VF-31 kit, or an Arcadia VF-0 box, and my box of two VF-0Ds was basically perfectly packed in the cardboard.  I think they laid a few plastic bubbles on top and down one side, but nothing in that box moved a bit.

It'll really depend on what you order, basically.  Getting lots of small items might leave them bouncing around a bit.

Edited by Chronocidal

1 hour ago, Muzaffar said:

The longer you keep the item in their private warehouse the dirtier it will get.  Also, HLJ will just throw your item in the shipping box with maybe one or two plastic bubbles.( thus the cheap shipping cost? I guess?)  It will shake, rattle and roll on its way to you.  Basically, don't expect a pristine, minty , shiny item box when it arrives.  That's a shame considering AmiAmi, CD japan, NY and Hobby Search all use bubble wrap. 

That's strange because the last couple of big boxes I had HLJ shipped had a lot of air blisters used to fill the open gaps so nothing moved around. I have to say though that the order didn't have a bunch of smaller stuff.  10 pokemon, a VF-4G, VF-2SS, and a Destroid Monster. Maybe depends on who's packing the orders that day?

Edited by wmkjr

29 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Anyone receive anything from CD Japan for Messer yet?

The release date is 04-22-2017 JST.  So you will get a shipped email from Cdjapan tomorrow if everything is already paid or CC approved. 

The current status of your VF-31F order should show: "In Shipping Process" right now. 

Cdjapan normally always ship the items out on release date and email you the tracking.

11 hours ago, Slave IV said:

Their PW is one of the best because there is essentially no limit on how long they store things for you. All your purchases are in your account until you decide which ones to ship. 

9 minutes ago, jvmacross said:

Just realized I also have a -31F at AE.....haven't used them in a while...how long will they hold your item for shipping?

I rarely buy from AE and didn't realize their storage procedure.  Thanks to Slave IV for the clarification.  Looks like as long as you need.

4 hours ago, Muzaffar said:

The longer you keep the item in their private warehouse the dirtier it will get.

I probably won't keep my items in storage for too long at AE because of this though.

On 4/19/2017 at 5:22 PM, spanner said:

anyone used plazajapan before? they still taking pre-orders for Mirage.. apologies if this has been previously mentioned.

http://www.plazajapan.com/bandai-161196-dx-chogokin-macross-delta-vf-31c-siegfried-mirage-farina-jenius-custom-diecast-figure/

Somebody grabbed these haha

She was up for a minute at https://www.nin-nin-game.com/ and http://www.bandaionline.com/ as well. Managed to grab one at each but will prob cancel at nin nin. 

17 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

I probably won't keep my items in storage for too long at AE because of this though.

I think he was referring to HLJ. Although there is a chance of something going wrong, I had some Macross items in storage at AE for over a year and when I finally shipped them, they showed up minty, no issues. That was just one experience though. I don't buy from them very often.