1 hour ago, F360 said:

They are good for it.  Items are place in bubble wrap bag , then have brown packaging paper on all sides.  They also have a box thats just right for dx chogokin too. 

sv262.jpg.6a43096141bc7e2902cfe948b39895af.jpg

1 hour ago, Slave IV said:

My items from CDJ have always been packed very well. Pretty close to amiami standards.

Thanks guys!! Think im just gonna keep it there and forget about Amiami.

Well I stayed away from this one... giving you guys mine (aren't I generous :P)  I hope mine went to a very deserving soul on these boards here.  All I want is the orange one left, not a huge fan of all these colours.  Hopefully by then, a lot of this hoopla would wear off.  Just remember this when Chuck's VF-31E comes up for pre order OK?

8 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Well I stayed away from this one... giving you guys mine (aren't I generous :P)  I hope mine went to a very deserving soul on these boards here.  All I want is the orange one left, not a huge fan of all these colours.  Hopefully by then, a lot of this hoopla would wear off.  Just remember this when Chuck's VF-31E comes up for pre order OK?

I'll bet you $20 nobody will have to worry about getting Chucks 31.

5 hours ago, Lorindor said:

Bandai just seem to like a business strategy based on artificial scarcity for some of their high end collectibles. 

Unless Bandai was charging a LOT more per Valk, I don't see how artificially keeping production low benefits them.

44 minutes ago, Mommar said:

I'll bet you $20 nobody will have to worry about getting Chucks 31.

Great!!!  I certainly hope so, and I'll hold you to that :p

57 minutes ago, wm cheng said:

Well I stayed away from this one... giving you guys mine (aren't I generous :P)  I hope mine went to a very deserving soul on these boards here.

I promise you it did. ;)

7 minutes ago, Zx31 said:

Unless Bandai was charging a LOT more per Valk, I don't see how artificially keeping production low benefits them.

The logic behind it is a mystery to me too, I think to us all. But as someone once speculated, since their inability to meet demand is with several lines, the reason could just be that Bandai has limited allotted factory time.

You always want to produce a little less than demand. It keeps your customers (retailers) happy. Bandai is watching the frenzy and high fiving each other,  not wishing they made more. Now people are going to talk and say "I wish I got that DX toy" and help Bandai market their toys further. They want to sell goods but they also want to be the hot item and not leaving stuff in the shelves accomplishes that. 

37 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

Pretty sure Bandai's production volume is based on demand in the asian market alone, since they can't really distribute this stuff anywhere else.  

So in a way, they're making more than enough for their purpose.

I think Bandai based their production-volume on their Japan market alone, instead of the rather big asian market (CHN/HK/TW/KOR/etc).

And within their Japan home-market, they starve it to only a few shops and limits the numbers they let out from even those few shops that gets qualified to carry their items. 

At least, that's what I gather happened with the Gundam Seven Swords MB stuff, as per mwf-member charlesxavier's share in another forum.

Edited by treatment

1 minute ago, Viiof said:

Should I just cave in and get the 31C from a proxy service or just hope I see it in stock again? pretty upset that I missed the preorders by a couple minutes.

there will be proxy later - plus prices likely to be relatively high

i would wait, all the previous releases have re-appeared before or just before release

24 minutes ago, Viiof said:

Should I just cave in and get the 31C from a proxy service or just hope I see it in stock again? pretty upset that I missed the preorders by a couple minutes.

There will be reopenings later, just wait it out.  you have a couple of months

2 hours ago, Moosey said:

there will be proxy later - plus prices likely to be relatively high

i would wait, all the previous releases have re-appeared before or just before release

2 hours ago, F360 said:

There will be reopenings later, just wait it out.  you have a couple of months

Alright. Pretty anxious about being able to notice the pre-orders reopen. How is everyone else noticing that?

3 minutes ago, matic said:

I missed out..

Yeah, same here. Set an alarm for 30 minutes before the pre-orders would open. Woke up and said to myself "Eh.. just 15 more minutes", reset the alarm for 15 minutes later, and didn't wake up until about 10 minutes after, and the HLJ PO had just closed. Felt pretty disappointed, but was too tired to care enough at the time. Oh well I guess.

I blissfully slept through the whole 31C pre order insanity... not having any particular preoccupation with securing a copy of this individual version sure is restful.^_^  That is not say that I won't pouce if I happen upon a chance at one, say HLJ or Amiami, between now and release.

4 hours ago, F360 said:

maybe if it's a P-bandai web exclusive

Chuck wasn't even memorable enough to hate like Luca was and Luca was easy to get.  I'll call it now, Mirage is like Michael was.  Possibly Arad as well.  But Chuck is not going to sell as well between not being much of anything in the show and a color that isn't as easy for people to like.

25 minutes ago, Mommar said:

Chuck wasn't even memorable enough to hate like Luca was and Luca was easy to get.  I'll call it now, Mirage is like Michael was.  Possibly Arad as well.  But Chuck is not going to sell as well between not being much of anything in the show and a color that isn't as easy for people to like.

Chuck did seem like a decent enough pilot in his own right, pulled off a few pivotal saves.

1 hour ago, Mommar said:

Great!  Cause I love orange and I'm a sucker for the radome/awacs.  I certainly hope you're right.

I'll take a chuck or 2, I like valks with electronic warfare gear mounted.

Maybe they just follow the release schedule and release all the heroes then start on the supplemental valks. Just my guess I can't remember all of the frontier releases but I thought that was how it was.

I also really crave getting a hold of the VF-31A's too though, I like the more real world color scheme and the departure of the forward swept wings.

Edited by Loop

Since the demand for VF-31E is expected to be lower ,I wonder if Bandai would just lower production so that it will still sellout as quick as the rest.:huh:

I'm all up for VF-31A next, it's time for a intermission.:lol: