4 minutes ago, Mac said:

12am is going to be rough since I wake up for work at 5am.....

I think seeing that AmiAmi and some shops have the Messer's 31F PO popping up, for sure Mirage's 31C will pop up soon after the PO date and days before the actual release. But be prepared also to pay the actual MSRP instead after the initial PO date.

Just now, Mommar said:

April 3rd?  Why couldn't it uave been on a Friday when I'm off work rather than a frigging Monday?

Not just you sir. ;)

Actually, we're just staying late on Monday just to get frustrated after once it hits Tuesday. Double wham! :lol:

43 minutes ago, F360 said:

West cost will be sunday night /monday morning / midnight.   Another great start for the week .  :rolleyes:

I would kill for midnight POs... I have to wake up at 2:55 and after all the madness even if I secure preorders i cant go right back to sleep :(

37 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

I would kill for midnight POs... I have to wake up at 2:55 and after all the madness even if I secure preorders i cant go right back to sleep :(

For me i would prefer the 3am time since i normally have to wake up around 5am for work.  That way ill just wake up and stay up . :lol:

Really like that 31C's head.  Probably it's the best of the 31s.  Not really sold on that color though....

Hmm, what to do, buy now, think later?  31F is my first macross toy purchase, don't even have that yet and I'm already thinking about buying more.

This place is a bad influence lol.

I think I vastly prefer Mirage's unit over the other 31s. That said I already have the 31F pre-ordered and I don't really want to go through the insanity a second time. That said, I'm fairly certain the 31 is going to be a one and done for me so now I'm debating which one I really want.

Haha so many of people's comments are so spot on with how I feel towards collecting. 

I am currently in a debate with myself about preordering the VF-31C and hope that the coloring of it turns out darker than the images. I don't mind the red/violet but I much rather have purple. Would like a new color scheme Valkyrie in my collection. 

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Don't worry sir. Even if that's 11 or 12 something for us west coasters, we're going F5-ing at the same time and weep together at MWF afterwards. ;)

8am UK summer time, easy peasy. Don't even need to set an alarm, my daughter will make sure i'm awake;)

16 minutes ago, hachi said:

Was pay later for DX VF31F available at NY? They seemed to have the better price.

They have pay later on all normal releases, but getting the preorder in will be the issue since they dont open their preorders at 4pm jst ,  they like to do it later and then it gets sold out in secs.

A supplier I know here deals directly with Amiami. He says they only get in less than 10 pieces of items, hence why everything is sold out in seconds. He's tried bulk ordering from them so that's how he knows. I wonder how they make money with so little inventory of everything.

2 hours ago, F360 said:

They have pay later on all normal releases, but getting the preorder in will be the issue since they dont open their preorders at 4pm jst ,  they like to do it later and then it gets sold out in secs.

Ok thanks. That would be my option if I dont get a PO from hlj.

2 hours ago, 505thAirborne said:

I'll be bummed if I can't get Mirage's 31 on PO. 

Even if we miss the pre-order for them there will always be some after release.. im not too worried. You reckon Mirage will be as popular as the J & F? She's not really that much of a hero character or at least not as much as Hayate anyways..

34 minutes ago, Shukenzero said:

A supplier I know here deals directly with Amiami. He says they only get in less than 10 pieces of items, hence why everything is sold out in seconds. He's tried bulk ordering from them so that's how he knows. I wonder how they make money with so little inventory of everything.

only 10!? surely that can't be right at all. Considering how many guys even in this forum alone report where they got theirs from and there is always a lot more than that per store. Sorry I don't believe that at all..

Edited by spanner

So I tried something amusing, just to test.  Assuming all the common components of the various VF-31s are the same, and they didn't make each of their feet unique (like the VF-25s were for some reason), it's fun playing around with color matching and seeing if things change.

For example.

Original Mirage photo.

originalmirage.jpg.22f413d179b936f7d710779d6c8b0e15.jpg

Similar Hayate pose, with roughly similar lighting.

originalhayate.jpg.345f4cf62d97bb58a63ac1dbdbcb4501.jpg

Look what happens if I edit the Mirage photo to match the tint of Hayate's feet.

coloreditmirage.jpg.c8f80e3becbfe30d5487170f4506d352.jpg

Now, that still isn't the right color, but it's more purple.  I don't want to get anyone's hopes up, but it could just be general photographic shenanigans causing the colors.