19 hours ago, physioguy said:

the models eyes seem proportionally smaller, and the unicorn antenna is grey on the model instead of dark grey/black on the upcoming DX.  Not big differences, but somehow it makes me like the model head way more.  weird.

i dont thk the DX will have the dark grey antenna, its likely a shadow or touch-up mistake in the DX battroid promo pics.

The promo pics of the DX in fighter mode show the antenna as similar grey as per the fuselage.

Love those! Looked at a whole stack of those optical illusion type things on one of those time wasting sites last night. Very good timing. 

And yeah, just goes to show how much lighting and contrast can play tricks on the eye (or brain). 

Edited by mickyg

On 2/9/2017 at 6:24 PM, Duymon said:

welp... time to whip out some 90% rubbing alcohol and those hard-tip tamiya q-tips I bought fro hobbylobby way back. Just gotta be careful with prepping the areas with masking tape 

Thank you for mentioning the Tamiya swabs! I didn't know they existed. I ordered a pack and got them the other day. Boy they are small, but I think they will be much easier to use than normal cotton swabs due to the fine points. I've yet to give them a try, but I will give them a go with my other 31J.

A good alternative that I use is standard cosmetic cotton swabs that you can get from any drug store. They are the same size as other cotton swabs but have the fine point and a denser cotton like the hobby ones. I haven't used the Tamiya swabs so I can't fully compare them but I like the others because they are cheap, can be purchased in large quantities, and can be obtained locally.

What the heck; I made the mistake of ordering/paying for a vf-31 and superparts in the same order at NY. Now they won't ship the vf-31 until the super parts are released in June!?!?

Was looking forward to this valk :/

44 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

What the heck; I made the mistake of ordering/paying for a vf-31 and superparts in the same order at NY. Now they won't ship the vf-31 until the super parts are released in June!?!?

Was looking forward to this valk :/

Maybe you can ask them to cancel the order so you can make 2 separate ones .  

That sucks. Happened to me before but I wasn't in a rush to get the order so I could wait out the extra months. Hopefully they can figure out something for you. For anybody else that wants to know about multiple preorders with different release dates at NY (from their terms and conditions section):

CAUTION:

All the orders with items in stock ordered with an item in pre-order will be sent with the pre-order. (The item in stock will be in the same package as the pre-order.)

In this case, payment is required at time of order.

If you want the shipment of the product in stock immediately, please make a separate order.

In the case of an order with several items in Preorders WITH RELEASE DIFFERENT RELEASE DATE, we will only ship when the last product is release. (Payment must be made in full at for the release of the first product.

4 hours ago, seti88 said:

for me, yf-21 takes the cake heheh...basically a clown face without a mouth saved by being recessed into an intimidating cowl over it...

The SV-51 and VF-17D come close seconds..

That YF-21 head is just like an old transformers toy in the 80's - 90's. I really can't remember it clearly but I am sure the 21 has been greatly inspired by it.

Probably thinking more of the old 'conehead' Seekers based on the original Seekers molds (Starscream et al), which changed the heads to include the plane nosecones. Not unlike the standard Sv-262 really (though that has been compared to the 21/22 as well).

18 hours ago, wmkjr said:

That sucks. Happened to me before but I wasn't in a rush to get the order so I could wait out the extra months. Hopefully they can figure out something for you. For anybody else that wants to know about multiple preorders with different release dates at NY (from their terms and conditions section):

CAUTION:

All the orders with items in stock ordered with an item in pre-order will be sent with the pre-order. (The item in stock will be in the same package as the pre-order.)

In this case, payment is required at time of order.

If you want the shipment of the product in stock immediately, please make a separate order.

In the case of an order with several items in Preorders WITH RELEASE DIFFERENT RELEASE DATE, we will only ship when the last product is release. (Payment must be made in full at for the release of the first product.

Yeah I was in a rush and didn't pay close attention to the terms. My mistake. Oh wells I guess I'll have to wait.

9 hours ago, Axelay said:

I wish preorders on the VF-31F would reopen.

The first round of PO reopening happened last Saturday. And lasted for a good 2 minutes.

32 minutes ago, spacemanoeuvres said:

Yeah I was in a rush and didn't pay close attention to the terms. My mistake. Oh wells I guess I'll have to wait.

Or you can try and email them and see what they're going to say. It wouldn't hurt to try though. ;)

9 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

The first round of PO reopening happened last Saturday. And lasted for a good 2 minutes.

Or you can try and email them and see what they're going to say. It wouldn't hurt to try though. ;)

I did. They said they would ship it when all items were available haha

12 minutes ago, 505thAirborne said:

While trying to keep up on this thread, was or is there a PO date for Mirages 31C yet? Definitely want to get that one. 

So far as I know, it hasn't been announced. The Messer PO was only just announced the same month Hayate finally released though, and then went on preorder only a few weeks later. So I am thinking we might not have a confirmed preorder date for Mirage (if she is next, which she probably is) until April, likely for a preorder in May and release closer to August.

11 minutes ago, Master Dex said:

So far as I know, it hasn't been announced. The Messer PO was only just announced the same month Hayate finally released though, and then went on preorder only a few weeks later. So I am thinking we might not have a confirmed preorder date for Mirage (if she is next, which she probably is) until April, likely for a preorder in May and release closer to August.

That's good to know, for some reason I felt like maybe I missed it. Gives me plenty of time to save some $$$! Pretty sure I'll get two of these!  ;)

On Monday, February 13, 2017 at 9:06 PM, physioguy said:

Perfect example!  I love that one, and looking closely, yes, both the antennae are the same color (just one is in the shadow).

aaa1.jpg

Is that a custom made head on the left?  Because those look really nothing alike, and the eyes look painted on, instead of clear plastic.

1 hour ago, physioguy said:

The one on the left is the 1/72 model head

You are correct Chronocidal. That particular one is a custom made 1/72 VF-31F using the J and S parts as it wasn't released at that time. That's why it looks different than the 1/72 head above. It was on display at the C3Tokyo show along with the other 4 main VF-31s . This is from IXTL's post in the 1/72 VF-31 model kit thread back in August :

post-7036-0-95472600-1472265985_thumb.jpg

More pics from https://twitter.com/zellbine/status/769457890474139648 

The sign say something about remodeled Immerman.

Edited by wmkjr