15 hours ago, Muzaffar said:

Still trying to get a VF-31J at a launch price and not the NY 25000 yen price tag.  I already got 2 VF-31F secured though. 

Like F360 said, it's too late to get a VF-31J at launch price. It's either you'll wait for a reissue for you to get that price. The rest it's above MSRP which is Y21600. Unless you'll just stalk Mandarake 24/7 in case one will pop up. Just so you know, the more you're going to hold back, the more chance that the price will just go up. Anyways, good luck on the hunt.

1 hour ago, Acteon said:

Cuh, I missed it again as well. I've popped a watch on it at AmiAmi to see how that works.

I picked up the Hayate version from Ebay for about $270, and the only other one I really don't want to miss is the Mirage version as I think it's the best compliment to Hayate's valkyrie. Given the release rate of these I guess we could be waiting until the end of the year if she's last in the queue. Have a feeling I'll have to sleep with my phone by the bed to catch that one!

Hmmm. For some reasons, Messer's 31F also compliments Hayate's esp if it's using a 31J Super Parts. ^_^

31F-blue_13.jpg.95871639c9c65d4baba2efcc555eb00b.jpg

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Like F360 said, it's too late to get a VF-31J at launch price. It's either you'll wait for a reissue for you to get that price. The rest it's above MSRP which is Y21600. Unless you'll just stalk Mandarake 24/7 in case one will pop up. Just so you know, the more you're going to hold back, the more chance that the price will just go up. Anyways, good luck on the hunt.

Hmmm. For some reasons, Messer's 31F also compliments Hayate's esp if it's using a 31J Super Parts. ^_^

The 31F is getting it's own armor release, right?  I can't remember if they ever showed an armored 31F in the anime.

7 minutes ago, HG Blows said:

The 31F is getting it's own armor release, right?  I can't remember if they ever showed an armored 31F in the anime.

Episode 6 at least... they were all super packed out then. Since that was the only time Messer flew it in space.. and Hayate never did for any notable scenes (and was back in his repainted 31J in the finale)... that was the only time.

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

I wonder if chucks yellow supers would make messer look like bumblebee! After all he has bumblebee-ish? eyes.....mirages would be too magenta-ish me thinks.

..oh no.. m i comparing colors..bandaixkawamori!!!!!!

6 minutes ago, Loop said:

Really with the valk game, it will just keep going up unless there is some crazy defect (like defective black triangles). I would just get it while it's around and available.

but even with defects or low interest, it will reach a certain price point and will start to increase again as the supplies get bought. So better to buy and get it now if you want it.

Edited by chyll2

6 hours ago, Master Dex said:

Episode 6 at least... they were all super packed out then. Since that was the only time Messer flew it in space.. and Hayate never did for any notable scenes (and was back in his repainted 31J in the finale)... that was the only time.

The super parts on the 31f also make a brief appearance at the beginning of ep14.

6 hours ago, F360 said:

Looks the the vf-31j price at amiami is climbing again.  

Preowned is already at 25480 yen now 

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIGURE-021748

if you still want to get one , you might need to take a hit at nippon-yasans 25000  yen for new before they jump to the next price bracket like most of the other stores .

I got the figinstock alert last night. Glad I picked up a new one at NY. Hard to believe used items are selling for more than new ones in some places!

figinstock is great btw. I encourage anyone hunting for a particular item to setup an acct. 

22 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Oh I'm sure they'll all awesome as a set (and bloody hell, that's a sexy pic right there!) but given my budget I think 2 of these is my limit. Short of Mirage I'd go for Arad's 31S, as the colour scheme appeals, but really it's the 2 lead pilots that will make the best display for me.

The only thing that puts me off Messr's 31F is that the colours are a bit too similar to the VF30, which I have sat next to Alto's VF25. Taken on it's own though, Messr's is by far the most menacing looking of the Delta squadron and I can see why anyone would want one.

16 hours ago, seti88 said:

I wonder if chucks yellow supers would make messer look like bumblebee! After all he has bumblebee-ish? eyes.....mirages would be too magenta-ish me thinks.

..oh no.. m i comparing colors..bandaixkawamori!!!!!!

Here's a quick dirty rendered preview Seti. ;) 

31F-yellow_13.jpg.eb5d2af7ee054e99103e119d2b86c31e.jpg

31F-magenta_13.jpg.e0f9025ab90c31a929bc769290d9ab09.jpg

Messer's colour being neutral lends itself well to being compatible with all colours.

no3Ljm. Let's see it with different flouro and bright colours. Haha XD

I'm actually quite fond of the Chuck super packs on the VF-31F. Nice contrast. A bit Royish. :p

28 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

Messer's colour being neutral lends itself well to being compatible with all colours.

no3Ljm. Let's see it with different flouro and bright colours. Haha XD

I'm actually quite fond of the Chuck super packs on the VF-31F. Nice contrast. A bit Royish. :p

Ok. I got confused. What's Flouro? 

An option is to buy all x5 Messer Super packs and apply them to all the VF-31s. :p

His are black/dark so should be pretty neutral. I guess not as neutral as VF-1 or VF-11 FAST packs, but pretty close - at least easier to paint grey if that is your preference. :) 

I'm definitely tempted tempted to buy the Chuck super packs alongside Messer super packs. I prefer more realistic subdued colours for my Macross toys (which is why I've sworn off buying all the heroes units), and Messer's being pretty dark and greyish works well for me, but I just can't deny that the yellow super packs are just so eye catching. It would be awesome to swap between them when I feel like it. Haha :p

7 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Here's a quick dirty rendered preview Seti. ;) 

31F-yellow_13.jpg.eb5d2af7ee054e99103e119d2b86c31e.jpg

31F-magenta_13.jpg.e0f9025ab90c31a929bc769290d9ab09.jpg

Whoah thanks for the render noel! :wub: Fair to say the change in color totally brings a different vibe to the 31F!

30-Autobots-Bumblebee-3.jpg.aaedfacbbbd919165a09ad9e1f44fc74.jpg
Hehe...

Mirages supers look quite fetching too, if it stays the color you rendered....Now i have to resist the urge to get all the supers! :D

10 minutes ago, eggy99 said:

An option is to buy all x5 Messer Super packs and apply them to all the VF-31s. :p

His are black/dark so should be pretty neutral. I guess not as neutral as VF-1 or VF-11 FAST packs, but pretty close - at least easier to paint grey if that is your preference. :) 

I'm definitely tempted tempted to buy the Chuck super packs alongside Messer super packs. I prefer more realistic subdued colours for my Macross toys (which is why I've sworn off buying all the heroes units), and Messer's being pretty dark and greyish works well for me, but I just can't deny that the yellow super packs are just so eye catching. It would be awesome to swap between them when I feel like it. Haha :p

bandaixkawamori annihilating your wallet!!!!

Noel did a render b4 on messer's black supers on the 31J, somehow it didnt quite have the same impact.

Likely messer's 31f acting as the main black valk acts as a nice base for supers to add highlight contrasts. 

This is all subjective of course depending on your own personal preference...

My will is weakening, on the verge of trying to secure a preorder for a second Messer VF-31F.

But damn, I'm also looking forward to Arad's VF-31S as well. Just got my TomyTec VF-31S fighter in today and based on that can imagine how awesome the VF-31S DX is going to look.

My will got obliterated long time ago. I ordered 2 drakens and 2 messers and hayate's supers without hayate...:huh::D:wacko: 

The only thing stopping me now is an actual hole in the wallet.

Which is equivalent to a VF-22 nuking my wallet with a dimension bomb.  No more hayate shooting down the wallet gif.

14 hours ago, Acteon said:

Oh I'm sure they'll all awesome as a set (and bloody hell, that's a sexy pic right there!) but given my budget I think 2 of these is my limit. Short of Mirage I'd go for Arad's 31S, as the colour scheme appeals, but really it's the 2 lead pilots that will make the best display for me.

The only thing that puts me off Messr's 31F is that the colours are a bit too similar to the VF30, which I have sat next to Alto's VF25. Taken on it's own though, Messr's is by far the most menacing looking of the Delta squadron and I can see why anyone would want one.

Hmm the alto's 25, 30 and messers 31F next to each other in a line....interesting...

messer also has his own emblem ....
come to think of it has there been other macross series with 2 different valk emblem's ever?

9 hours ago, seti88 said:

messer also has his own emblem ....
come to think of it has there been other macross series with 2 different valk emblem's ever?

I don't think there was. Would you consider Sheryl's Grave marking on Maruyama's an emblem? I think that's the only Macross I've seen that has 2 Valks with emblems. Ozma and Maruyama.

11 minutes ago, spanner said:

just for the curiosity sake of it, is there any way of finding out Bandai's production run quantities of these things?

Would it be nice too if we have a Bandai insider. Like what Graham used to do before with Yamato.

Any Bandai employees here? :ph34r: