Having the fold wave emitter (or whatever that thing is) and micro missiles crammed into the same pod courtesy of Tardis technology! ;)

Why aren't the supposedly more advanced Siegfrieds equipped with those?! 

I think I'm going to need 5 or 6 of those 31As...

Edit: I think the missiles are being launched from the booster launcher. 

Edited by Lolicon

1 minute ago, Lolicon said:

Having the fold wave emitter (or whatever that thing is) and micro missiles crammed into the same pod courtesy of Tardis technology! ;)

Why aren't the supposedly more advanced Siegfrieds equipped with those?! 

I think I'm going to need 5 or 6 of those 31As...

yep, yep, yep, yep, yep & yep! :p :D

8 hours ago, seti88 said:

Hey are those small micro missiles shooting out beside the gunpod barndoors in the gif? 

It looks too close to the pod to be part of the background swarm......You wont notice it unless you pay really close attention...perhaps micro missiles as part of the backpod could be true after all??

I think I mentioned the missiles coming out from the side of the charger door before when I was confirming the 31A kit seen on that book if it has the missile container pod and not the charger pod from the previous page or two.

But yeah, I think Kairos's pod is same as the Siegfriend's ones. Kind of lame actually. :( 

Fighter and gerwalk mode pics. With that I'm done with this stuff for now. There are video games that require my attention! B))

I'll check back periodically to see if spanner gets a 5th one. :lol:

31J fighter 01.jpg

31J fighter 02.jpg

31J fighter 03.jpg

31J fighter 04.jpg

31J fighter 05.jpg

31J fighter 06.jpg

31J gerwalk 01.jpg

31J gerwalk 02.jpg

31J gerwalk 03.jpg

Don't know why I bothered adding an HUD. Can't see it through that crazy canopy tint.

31J gerwalk 04.jpg

Whoops! Let's not remind people of a better show!

31J gerwalk 05.jpg

This shot took an embarrassingly long time to set up. :ohmy:

31J gerwalk 06.jpg

3 hours ago, spanner said:

Awesome photos Lolicon!! B))

Those sound boosters actually kinda suit the Valk! Hehe! Neat idea! :D

I think im done with 4 so no need for a 5th.. got a few pre orders coming up I should consider paying for instead.. 

only 4? nonsense. u need 12 just like my vf-171 swarm :p

edit: dear lord i counted again it's 12 not 11

Edited by Duymon

only a handful of my Valks have been panel lined, the two Lancelot built for me and the few I've traded from Scream Man as he panel lines everything. I don't mind the effect but I much prefer it done very lightly rather than so dark. Still what Lolicon has done looks really good and I'll admit it does add a lot more visual depth to the Valkyrie. Makes me wonder if I should maybe attempt doing it to my extra 31J.. but that's a big maybe!

2 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

I don't know. Looks pretty hot to me. The more I mess with my 31, the higher on the list of favorite valk it goes. Edging out the 25, for sure.

Agreed! its certainly way way way up the list, top 5 for sure and maybe even as high as top 3! 

1 hour ago, arbit said:

Is it mentioned anywhere if Kawamori designed the 31A before the J?

Im sure he had several design concepts happening all at once before deciding on what will feature in Macross Delta but yes it begs the question which came first!?

As much as I ultimately prefer the more conventional wing design on the 31A, the forward swept wing layouts of the Delta Flight variants do look more specialized which im sure was key in the decision making process.

So two things that stick in my mind..

One, is it wrong that I want to just go in with a parts trimmer and snip the corners off the doors on the weapons pod?  They're all supposed to be angled like the inner door.

Two, I hope Hayate never has to eject, because his arms are going to get ripped off by the control console.  It's like when you're 6 feet tall, and you get a rental car last used by someone who left the seat all the way forward.

Far as the 31 variants go, I am a little surprised they changed the YF-30 so much.  It mostly turned out for the better, I think, since the tails are leaps and bounds better, and while the arms are skinnier, I think they just mesh better being entirely inside the wing.  On the other hand though, I'd love to have the original landing gear back, and the weapons pod on the 30 was much better integrated into the design.  Even the early Delta promo posters showed the 31 with the same seamless spine, but alas, it didn't stay that way.

Edited by Chronocidal

19 minutes ago, Duymon said:

only 4? nonsense. u need 11 just like my vf-171 swarm :p

hehe! 11 of any Valkyrie type is pure madness awesomeness! The most duplicates on any one type I have is 6x TV VF-1A Brownies.. I'd love to have 11 VF-171 just as yourself! Just the cost involved is a little prohibitive as 171's are asking similar money to pre-owned 31's! On Mandarake at anyways.. 20k to 21k :rolleyes: still considering getting a 3rd though..  

Edited by spanner

19 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

One, is it wrong that I want to just go in with a parts trimmer and snip the corners off the doors on the weapons pod?  They're all supposed to be angled like the inner door.

Two, I hope Hayate never has to eject, because his arms are going to get ripped off by the control console.  It's like when you're 6 feet tall, and you get a rental car last used by someone who left the seat all the way forward.

the only problem would be is you'd be left will small triangular holes where the plastic has been trimmed away when the weapons pod is folded up.. 

And yes the cockpit is a wee bit cramped isn't it! hehe! :lol: :rolleyes:

Edited by spanner
I took my stupid pills this morning.. clearly.

4 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Far as the 31 variants go, I am a little surprised they changed the YF-30 so much.  It mostly turned out for the better, I think, since the tails are leaps and bounds better, and while the arms are skinnier, I think they just mesh better being entirely inside the wing.  On the other hand though, I'd love to have the original landing gear back, and the weapons pod on the 30 was much better integrated into the design.  Even the early Delta promo posters showed the 31 with the same seamless spine, but alas, it didn't stay that way.

I agree, having the weapon pod so broken from the spine was an odd design choice.

6 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

Prolly wouldn't be an issue since he'd be ejecting in Ex-gear and there's probably something that takes care of that issue

11 hours ago, spanner said:

Awesome photos Lolicon!! B))

Those sound boosters actually kinda suit the Valk! Hehe! Neat idea! :D

I think im done with 4 so no need for a 5th.. got a few pre orders coming up I should consider paying for instead.. 

Given the nature of Delta, I'm surprised they didn't make use of sound boosters more frequently so they could sell more accessories!

Yeah if I get another Hayate valk it'll be his knight emblem version from the finale.

10 hours ago, Ignacio Ocamica said:

Great job Lolicon!!! The VF-31J looks awesome!!

Thank you, sir! :)

10 hours ago, anime52k8 said:

Every time I see a weathered Valk I can't help but think, "That poor thing, it needs a bath so bad".

LOL! :lol: It's a good thing I have some extras!

9 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

I don't know. Looks pretty hot to me. The more I mess with my 31, the higher on the list of favorite valk it goes. Edging out the 25, for sure.

The DX 31 toy is definitely superior to the 25! I really like the overall look of the 31, but I'm still liking the 25 more, though maybe I'm just influenced by the quality of their respective shows. ^_^ But I do think the 31A is probably the best looking CF unit ever!

7 hours ago, Chronocidal said:

It's the most cramped cockpit I've seen since the Yamato YF-19 and its overweight Isamu. :lol:

6 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Awesome! Rune Rune PIka Pika! :wub:

Great job Lolicon. ;)

Thanks noel! Kira!!

5 hours ago, MAC-X said:

Super cool photos Lolicon! 

Btw, is that black or grey liner you used? 

I used a dark grey wash which ended up darker than I anticipated after adding a clear coat. I usually just draw in the lines with a mechanical pencil which works great for Yamato/Arcadia valks with their super fine panel lines. But Bandai valks have much thicker and deeper panel lines, so I just got lazy and used a wash. :D 

Black wash looks way too stark on a light surface, I think.

1 minute ago, Graham said:

I'm sure they probably have an explosive charge system that ejects any part of the console clear that would obstruct ejection.

Exploding consoles have never caused problems for anyone. Just ask any Starfleet officer. :lol:

44 minutes ago, Graham said:

I'm sure they probably have an explosive charge system that ejects any part of the console clear that would obstruct ejection.

hey its in the future full of hoopy and advanced stuff so im sure they would have it all sussed out! the console probably retracts away from the pilot or something.. ^_^

it could also just be poor product design and the pilot figure is the wrong size for the toy's cockpit.. but none of us want to believe that! hehe! :p 

5 hours ago, spanner said:

hey its in the future full of hoopy and advanced stuff so im sure they would have it all sussed out! the console probably retracts away from the pilot or something.. ^_^

No, I like the exploding console idea better. :)

iackY.jpg

tsfs0811.jpg

explosion.jpg

Edited by Lolicon
Corrected spelling. Stupid autocorrect!

14 hours ago, spanner said:

Im sure he had several design concepts happening all at once before deciding on what will feature in Macross Delta but yes it begs the question which came first!?

As much as I ultimately prefer the more conventional wing design on the 31A, the forward swept wing layouts of the Delta Flight variants do look more specialized which im sure was key in the decision making process.

The 31A does look like a logical direct descendant of the 30.

The delta wings look like a later development. To me they seem like an after thought.

I hope we get a more traditional Yf-39 with better balance, like the 19 and 29.

Edited by arbit

7 hours ago, spanner said:

it could also just be poor product design and the pilot figure is the wrong size for the toy's cockpit.. but none of us want to believe that! hehe! :p 

Well considering how almost all the technology in Macross works, the console probably gets transported to Super Dimensional space or something

Heh... was just thinking at first that they mounted the console in my DX back too far, but they're all like that.  The pilots all have the consoles jammed into their chests so far that they can't really see the screen.

The animation and models don't show it being that close, it just looks silly. :p

5 hours ago, Xigfrid said:

Am I alone to think this canopy is horrible ? Anyone else want to cut the oversized tabs and clean all the ugly metallic tint ?

I hate the canopy metallic tint too, the metallic flecks are so huge, they'd be 1"X1" squares in real world scale - just such a dumb idea, that foil they used in some of the older 1/60 Yammies would be better (if it didn't flake off - luckily mine are all intact).   Why they didn't just tint the canopy like VF-25s is beyond me, I'd like the pilot to see out and I'd like to see in - argh! 

On a side note, I noticed that they managed to mold the canopy with a slight undercut in cross-section (that omega symbol if you cut through the canopy) without a seam running through the top of the canopy lengthwise.  Those of you who have built the Hasegawa 1/72 VF-1 Valkyrie will know exactly what I mean - a 3 part mold is required so they can separate the part out.  I wonder how they did that here on this toy without the seam?