57 minutes ago, Kanedas Bike said:

Interesting observation.

Considering how this whole pre-order, order-after-the-fact, thing has been discussed here on the forums and how I know it's worked out for me and those I know in real life I'm going to just stop posting (not that I feel like I do a lot of that "look what I got" type of thing) about my purchases and pre-orders.

-b.

No one is going to stop you from posting :D.  Not sure if i offended you in anyway by saying my observation .  :unsure:

yup its been discused back and forth with this and that.  It work for some and dont work for others.  It work for me on a metal build couple of months back .  Did not work for me on the vf-19advance , got my account suspended.  And most recent just a page or 2 back Hlj cancelled someones 2nd vf-31j order .  And they have cancel orders that takes place after the initial preorder .  Which is why i say "IF" they take notice of your 2nd order .

6 minutes ago, F360 said:

No one is going to stop you from posting :D.  Not sure if i offended you in anyway by saying my observation .  :unsure:

yup its been discused back and forth with this and that.  It work for some and dont work for others.  It work for me on a metal build couple of months back .  Did not work for me on the vf-19advance , got my account suspended.  And most recent just a page or 2 back Hlj cancelled someones 2nd vf-31j order .  And they have cancel orders that takes place after the initial preorder .  Which is why i say "IF" they take notice of your 2nd order .

Makes sense and you're good F360, I quoted you because your's was the most recent post on the topic.

I will say this about HLJ, or really any store, there is a need to be consistent with what policies mean and how they are enforced or interpreted by their own staff.

At the end of the day we're chatting about toys so it's important to keep perspective (speaking mostly to, and about myself) but I'm gonna just keep a lower (if that's possible) profile about my buying activities.

:ph34r:

-b.

One of my collector friends double-dipped at HLJ yesterday. He sent me this screenshot just now.

I warned him multiple times not to do it. You can imagine the amount of foul language in the texts I have received from him since. He lost a Draken and VF-31F preorder.

Because HLJ is all over the place with enforcement and penalties dolled out I won't risk my preorders lol

Untitled.png

Edited by Duymon

15 minutes ago, Duymon said:

One of my collector friends double-dipped at HLJ yesterday. He sent me this screenshot just now.

I warned him multiple times not to do it. You can imagine the amount of foul language in the texts I have received from him since. He lost a Draken and VF-31F preorder.

Because HLJ is all over the place with enforcement and penalties dolled out I won't risk my preorders lol

Untitled.png

Suspension doesnt mean you lost everything. Ive been suspended before and all they do is lock you out, once everything is sorted out your account will be back to normal minus the item that got you suspended. I even got payment request while I was suspended for an item i had preordered :lol:

Edited by anubis20

15 hours ago, seti88 said:

Questions questions dang you bandai for making it web exclusives......on the flip side too, i wonder if hayate's parts would look nice too on messer's valk or vise versa....all that color combination possibilities on the valks...

man this sounds like barbie ken doll territory....mix-and-match outfits...:lol:

Just want to share this. I'm not too fond of blue Valks but this customed blue photoshop on Messer's 31F came out nice. Thanks to Seti for giving me this idea. The only thing needed to achieve this is to remove the Delta05 marking on the arm shield. ;)

31F-blue_08.jpg

31F-blue_07.jpg

31F-blue_11.jpg

31F-blue_12.jpg

31F-blue_13.jpg

31F-blue_14.jpg

Now better grab another set of Hayate's 31J Super Packs. Pronto! ^_^

41 minutes ago, Lolicon said:

When AmiAmi reopened 31J orders post-release and I tried to buy another, when I tried to checkout I got a screen that said "You cannot purchase more than 1 of this item."

If AmiAmi can implement a limit 1 automated system like that, surely HLJ can too.

That's too easy. It makes too much sense. 

Better to stick with the Ban / order cancel / Free Pass Lottery that is HLJ

48 minutes ago, anubis20 said:

Suspension doesnt mean you lost everything. Ive been suspended before and all they do is lock you out, once everything is sorted out your account will be back to normal minus the item that got you suspended. I even got payment request while I was suspended for an item i had preordered :lol:

Friend mailed HLJ and got his account back. He has no orders at all, they were all cancelled.

double dipping limited items at HLJ is a lottery

Edited by Duymon

55 minutes ago, Duymon said:

That's too easy. It makes too much sense. 

Better to stick with the Ban / order cancel / Free Pass Lottery that is HLJ

Friend mailed HLJ and got his account back. He has no orders at all, they were all cancelled.

double dipping limited items at HLJ is a lottery

I got my account suspended as well for my 2nd attempt at 31J order, but got it back after I wrote to HLJ. Luckily all my pre-orders were intact. 

Judging from HLJ's reply to me, it seems their system is able to detect order violation automatically but unable to prevent customers from ordering more than the limit. But one thing for sure, HLJ checks all placed orders. 

3 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Just want to share this. I'm not too fond of blue Valks but this customed blue photoshop on Messer's 31F came out nice. Thanks to Seti for giving me this idea. The only thing needed to achieve this is to remove the Delta05 marking on the arm shield. ;)

Now better grab another set of Hayate's 31J Super Packs. Pronto! ^_^

I caved...even tho i didnt have hayate's valk...your pics did it, it was totally awesome!! :rolleyes:
The electric blue on black combo was too hard to resist...:D

Now hayate's 31 is calling even more....get me and put messer's super parts on me!

...need a jog to clear my head before i blow up my wallet lol....:lol:

6 minutes ago, derex3592 said:

Where can a guy preorder the super parts for the 31's at this point?

I ordered mine at N-Y since they were web exclusives...but then again i didnt want to search too much for em ....otherwise i'd spend the whole day trying to find more stuff in to spread the shipping costs...and since they were pre-orders that complicates things a lot...

Edited by seti88

23 hours ago, seti88 said:

I caved...even tho i didnt have hayate's valk...your pics did it, it was totally awesome!! :rolleyes:
The electric blue on black combo was too hard to resist...:D

Now hayate's 31 is calling even more....get me and put messer's super parts on me!

...need a jog to clear my head before i blow up my wallet lol....:lol:

Hey Seti. Here's Hayate's 31J with 31F's Super Parts. As always, it's just been photoshopped using a 1/72 kit photos found online. And to be honest, it didn't work compared to 31F with 31J's Super Parts earlier. ^_^ 

31Jblack_05.jpg

31Jblack_06.jpg

31Jblack_14.jpg

31Jblack_16.jpg

31Jlack_15.jpg

29 minutes ago, no3Ljm said:

Hey Seti. Here's Hayate's 31J with 31F's Super Parts. As always, it's just been photoshopped using a 1/72 kit photos found online. And to be honest, it didn't work compared to 31F with 31J's Super Parts earlier. ^_^ 

31Jlack_15.jpg

Aaw... why did you have to do this?  I was at a stage content to let the super parts slide by!!!!

2 hours ago, dero said:

Aaw... why did you have to do this?  I was at a stage content to let the super parts slide by!!!!

Well, you can't now. ^_^ 

2 hours ago, chyll2 said:

Black with blue works but not Blue with black. Mindblowing lol

It is. While I was working on it I'm thinking it's probably going to work too since it did work with 31F. I'm just on the chest part and I could tell that it's not going to work like the other one. And I just kept on going. I got curious I guess to see how it looks in all forms. :rolleyes:

I think hayate's supers match messer's better due to the tie-in of blue with the reaper emblem, or the tie-up of blacks with messer's stripes.
The other way round, its does make hayate's 31J valk look special Op-ish due to the large area's of black in battroid, but the tie-in isnt that strong...

I think arad's supers with the teal would look like jungle camo-ish...maaaann....

Btw, nice photoshop skillz there noel! Bandai shld give u a commision for helping to move the supers! ^_^

The kairos looks great! I hope we will see a DX from bandai soon. It also reminds me of how much i l hated the multicolored VF-31 from the Delta squadron. I mean, i loved the general mecha design of the series but there were way too many colors on the main characters mechs. They really didn't look like war machines and that was some sort of a let down for me, especially after the Frontier mechs.

2 hours ago, Ryoma said:

The kairos looks great! I hope we will see a DX from bandai soon. It also reminds me of how much i l hated the multicolored VF-31 from the Delta squadron. I mean, i loved the general mecha design of the series but there were way too many colors on the main characters mechs. They really didn't look like war machines and that was some sort of a let down for me, especially after the Frontier mechs.

Well that is because they were not supposed to be war machines, not the Seigfrieds anyway. They were designed to support Walküre from the start (though they are more advanced than the Kairos even so). Besides, the Frontier hero valks were pretty colorful.. but that is because they are the heroes after all.

I agree, but supporting to me means also defending, attacking, destroying, dog-fighting etc. things that we do see quite often during the series(well, at least the first part). Now i understand that the color scheme of the kairos would have been out of place for the tone of the show but a compromise between the "rainbow brite" color schemes and a more serious pattern would have worked much better for me(Look at Messer's unit: i think it's the most badass among the five and it's the one who had more appeal for most of the macross fans. And whoever tried to pre-order one would agree with me;)).

45 minutes ago, Ryoma said:

I agree, but supporting to me means also defending, attacking, destroying, dog-fighting etc. things that we do see quite often during the series(well, at least the first part). Now i understand that the color scheme of the kairos would have been out of place for the tone of the show but a compromise between the "rainbow brite" color schemes and a more serious pattern would have worked much better for me(Look at Messer's unit: i think it's the most badass among the five and it's the one who had more appeal for most of the macross fans. And whoever tried to pre-order one would agree with me;)).

Natch, and it is my favorite, and I did pre-order one. Though it isn't the color scheme that gets me so much that it is the ace pilot model. I also pre-ordered Keith's Draken for the same reason... though I do also really like his color scheme (and plus this allows for the perfect rival display).

I also like Max a lot in SDFM for the same reason.. and his colors are rather flashy compared to others in that show.

5 hours ago, Mommar said:

Dos anybody besides amazon have that Master File book listed yet?

I had a quick look through the usual vendors but didn't see anything so I just pre-ordered it from Amazon. The Third Sortie art book I got from there also and they were super cheap and super fast delivery!