17 hours ago, venth85 said:

one of my reason I quit collecting toys from BANDAI, the QC issue :/ , Luckily mine didn't has QC problem. Planning to get Messer & Mirage but kinda on the edge about it, Messer VF-31 Horn on its head looks really thin ~.

Sounds like you're not quitting since you're still planning on getting more Bandai stuff. ;)

7 hours ago, jenius said:

Workin' on it - 

Bandai-DX-VF-31J-6.jpg

Looking forward to it Jenius! ;)

On 12/28/2016 at 0:26 PM, Saburo said:

I am really happy with the VF-31 its well improved over the YF-30.  My attempt to pull the gunpod out of the back container was a bit scary I thought I was going to break it. :o:blink:  Here are my pics.

31095581783_37412589ca_h.jpg

31788289361_2f393dedb2_h.jpg

31788286981_cfbc951154_h.jpg

31788285291_23da729066_h.jpg

31905085465_480a08cea0_h.jpg

31788281801_ce082baac6_h.jpg

31757283892_4f77458357_h.jpg

31757282652_57a38ee7e4_h.jpg

31757281612_76862e935a_h.jpg

31757279812_01c2afad5f_h.jpg

31757278832_0b8b632da4_h.jpg

31757277802_bca4a8b83a_h.jpg

31788271501_c0c2f49a65_h.jpg

31788270201_088b423db6_h.jpg

31757274022_334fcf88da_h.jpg

31757269082_a4f23ca982_h.jpg

31757267082_c80ef8cc5a_h.jpg

31757260682_f75252da1b_h.jpg

31867814186_c05fc29b7d_h.jpg

31867809166_aa67f8a828_h.jpg

31867806656_039cfd371b_h.jpg

31867804376_ba72173966_h.jpg

31867800936_d95b774f40_h.jpg

31064787354_59b9a113f2_h.jpg

31064785904_da7dab0d71_h.jpg

31064784864_8a746c5742_h.jpg

31064783114_2a231be266_h.jpg

31064779584_07034acd81_h.jpg

31064777984_5438eb535d_h.jpg

Very nice!

On January 1, 2017 at 4:26 AM, enphily said:

Got my vf-31j as gift for New Year tonight. I like it, but my toy has few issues: right wing little lower than left, and right feet not locking in a place. I saw someone had same problems. It's little sad:(

My right wing doesn't fold up all the way either.      I think either the rear tab or the slot the rear tab  fits into needs to be slightly sanded down.

12 hours ago, no3Ljm said:

Sounds like you're not quitting since you're still planning on getting more Bandai stuff. ;)

Looking forward to it Jenius! ;)

i did quit collecting several bandai lines, like Robot Damashii, SIC, SHF, AGP, the quality drop pretty much with increased price. DX VF-31 is rather an exception though, since I really like Siegfried design, while skipped previous valks DX

On 1/1/2017 at 6:01 PM, Kinzoku VF said:

"Supaaa attack modo".....Was fiddling about with the Cronos and a twin attack mode sprung to mind.....Not seen any pics in that 'mode' yet? (haven't opened the instructions...so not sure, might be a legit transformation mode?). 

*snip*

This is going to look awesome next to VF-1s with FAST packs! That's going to be the first mode I try out on my 31C when the day finally comes.

Great vid Jenius! Makes me wanna take it out of the display cabinet and transform it again! The VF-31 is such a fun thing to handle! And as derex just mentioned, the YF-30 not so much..

One can say that both definitely related to each other but more like cousins than brothers..

Been watching Delta over the last week and I thought Messer's valk might be a good candidate for a purchase. But then some stuff happens and now I'm sure it'll be a pain to get as well...still gonna try. I have a preorder for the 262 so the rival display would be cool. That said, not-Roy or fish guy might be the two easiest to snag. I like the design well enough to get one but I don't think I need the whole team or even a couple of them. I'd be in for the CF 262s first.

Still, design is slick and this toy seems super cool. I'm stoked to finally see ratchets making their way into more of the joints, especially the hips.

1 hour ago, kaiotheforsaken said:

Been watching Delta over the last week and I thought Messer's valk might be a good candidate for a purchase. But then some stuff happens and now I'm sure it'll be a pain to get as well...still gonna try. I have a preorder for the 262 so the rival display would be cool. That said, not-Roy or fish guy might be the two easiest to snag. I like the design well enough to get one but I don't think I need the whole team or even a couple of them. I'd be in for the CF 262s first.

Still, design is slick and this toy seems super cool. I'm stoked to finally see ratchets making their way into more of the joints, especially the hips.

Yeah... Messer's is going to be nigh impossible to get. Messer's gets used by the best pilot and then gets taken over by the hero for numerous episodes. If I had to define one valk as being the most iconic in the series, it's his. 

Delaying posting my review for one more day. I decided it'd be fun to do some battroid group shots with other toys. 

Edited by jenius

11 minutes ago, jenius said:

Yeah... Messer's is going to be nigh impossible to get. Messer's gets used by the best pilot and then gets taken over by the hero for numerous episodes. If I had to define one valk as being the most iconic in the series, it's his. 

Delaying posting my review for one more day. I decided it'd be fun to do some battroid group shots with other toys. 

I'll certainly try for one but if all else fails then im sure a place like NY will have them available as they do now with the VF-31J. Even if they charge a premium over the pre-order and release prices I'll still buy one so im not really that fussed about it.

1 hour ago, Graham said:

Like the VF-31J so much, I just broke down and bought a second one, even though I said I wouldn't.......Hahaha.

Second one will be used with the Super Packs when they arrive.

I gotta admit even I was considering buying a 4th one just to have one to play around with and keep the other three pristine on display! :wacko: :rolleyes: :lol:

3 hours ago, platypus said:

Hi guys, does anyone know how to disassemble the rear landing gear wheels? How feasible is it to replace the rear wheels with customised, larger diameter wheels?

You could do that through 3d printing new parts, and possible sourcing larger diameter wheels, but you would also have to replace the kneecaps. I don't think anything larger would fit in the current kneecaps.

The plastic of one of my copies seems kind of brittle. The canopy cracked down the middle of the front half, probably sometime while I was opening it. The two large top and bottom flaps on the container module have also split apart. One split in half where it attaches to the hinge, and the other is in the process of splitting apart along the same area. Not sure if they were on too tight which caused them to split or what. Waiting to see what happens to my other one. Hopefully it was just bad luck/QC on the one.

The canopy is very surprising considering how many of them I've opened or taken off without a problem. Anyone else have any similar issues?

20170103_221540.jpg

20170103_215138.jpg

Ouch, that's lousy luck out of the box.  :blink:  The folding panels may be easy enough to glue/replace, but that canopy issue is weird.  I will say that the canopy feels thinner than the ones on previous Valks.

I just picked up my pair from the post office, and so far so good.  I caved and got a second in one of the rounds of restocks after seeing the first few pics of it here.  Hazardous to your wealth, indeed. :p

Have to admit, I still feel like this isn't one of Kawamori's better designs (some pretty lazy design features I think, dumb landing gear, etc), but the toy itself is beautifully done.  Half transformed one with no trouble, and it really feels like the aircraft was designed with the toys in mind.

Also, this is probably the best box design of any valk so far.  I'm torn though, they're making it harder and harder to get rid of the packages I'm running out of room for.

MacrossJunkie - That's very bad luck and a little worrying. So far my first 31J is fine after 3 transformations and my second 31J is OK after zero transformations, but multiple openings and closings of the cockpit canopy and drone bay doors.

TCracker - awesome photos, dude.

6 minutes ago, Chronocidal said:

Ouch, that's lousy luck out of the box.  :blink:  The folding panels may be easy enough to glue/replace, but that canopy issue is weird.  I will say that the canopy feels thinner than the ones on previous Valks.

I just picked up my pair from the post office, and so far so good.  I caved and got a second in one of the rounds of restocks after seeing the first few pics of it here.  Hazardous to your wealth, indeed. :p

Have to admit, I still feel like this isn't one of Kawamori's better designs (some pretty lazy design features I think, dumb landing gear, etc), but the toy itself is beautifully done.  Half transformed one with no trouble, and it really feels like the aircraft was designed with the toys in mind.

Also, this is probably the best box design of any valk so far.  I'm torn though, they're making it harder and harder to get rid of the packages I'm running out of room for.

Yeah, I tried super gluing one together. Let it dry for a day and attempted to put it back on. It just fell apart the moment I tried to snap it back on.  I don't think the glue can grip the plastic well.