6 hours ago, ChaoticYeti said:

The folding wing sections are on a double hinge. My right one is a little bit tighter/harder to line up, but it is doable.

Nah man, that's not my problem.  It's like a tolerance issue.  The front half of the right wing tip is pushed open a bit and will not completely close:. It's like something is blocking it from completely flipping up.

2 hours ago, Mommar said:

Nah man, that's not my problem.  It's like a tolerance issue.  The front half of the right wing tip is pushed open a bit and will not completely close:. It's like something is blocking it from completely flipping up.

Sorry to hear that. That sucks. I was hoping this thing would be QC free. A few people on here have mentioned issues.

44 minutes ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Sorry to hear that. That sucks. I was hoping this thing would be QC free. A few people on here have mentioned issues.

It's just the tolerances for that part are so narrow.  I'm thinking it must be a case of something needing to be filed down a hair.  Unless the hinge is angled slightly off and that prevents the wing from folding all the way.  It's just enough I can see that it's off in fighter and gerwalk unfortunately.

2 hours ago, charger69 said:

Saburo! The official provider of Macross Mobile Phone Wallpapers!

An1Xyv.png

that is brilliant! you beat me to it! B))

1 hour ago, dgco86 said:

Sigh, was hoping for a third Amiami restock but it seems unlikely. 

By the way, does anyone have experience with Tokyo Hobby Portal / Wonder Craft Tokyo? They seem to have the VF-31J in stock for 21,600 JPY but I've never heard of them and can't find much on the internet about them.

http://www.thp-shop.com/ban62981.html

not a bad price from them! never heard of or used these guys so anyone know how reliable they are? I wouldn't mind buying a 4th! hehe! :p:D

On 2016-12-28 at 0:51 AM, eXis10z said:

Can anyone identify the transparent stand Shishioh is using?

7-3.jpg

7-8.jpg

An "Action Base 1" sold by Bandai, try HLJ or Hobby Search or even Amazon or eBay. A stand made for Gundam Master Grades...

5 hours ago, Scream Man said:

Im still trying to figure out how the eyes work on Messers 31. Maybe its just a plate thatchanges on top of the head? Maybe the eyes roll around, half clear half black? I dunno, but Im curious. 

I wouldn't think about it too much as it's probably digitally edited. Either that or the lighting didn't catch the lens to highlight the color as you can still see some trace of blue in some of those pics. After the whole VF-19 advance thing, I usually wait till I see photos in the wild.

23 hours ago, Mommar said:

For you in California it should go up for pre-order at 11pm (the 5th) in your time zone.  Japan is seventeen hours ahead of you.  Others have already mentioned the sites you can order from.  I'd recommend signing up with an account at all of them listed now and be logged in waiting to go by 11pm.  Keep checking this forum as well.  The forum goers will post the direct links to the pre-orders as they appear.

Thank you!

13 hours ago, charger69 said:

Saburo! The official provider of Macross Mobile Phone Wallpapers!

I am honored charger69, my photo being used in all the way over in Turkey. Thank you! :D

10 hours ago, spanner said:

hehe! sorry I just had to! :p :D B))

thanks again Saburo! 

That awesome as well spanner! You are welcome! :D

9 hours ago, D' only said:

Toy companies need to hire saburo for his photos! His photos are much better than the official promotion pictures. 

I have done a few photos for some 3P TF companies, I just can't say who. :ph34r:;)  One day I hope Bandai contacts me for work, I'd take payment in toys. :D

5 hours ago, TCrackers said:

IMG_1719.jpg

Great shots Tcrackers and your poses are on point!  I like this one the most.

11 hours ago, dgco86 said:

Sigh, was hoping for a third Amiami restock but it seems unlikely. 

By the way, does anyone have experience with Tokyo Hobby Portal / Wonder Craft Tokyo? They seem to have the VF-31J in stock for 21,600 JPY but I've never heard of them and can't find much on the internet about them.

http://www.thp-shop.com/ban62981.html

I found that shop a while back and tried looking for info but didn't find much info beside they are owned by Wonder Craft TOKYO Corp :unsure:

Edited by Saburo

Posted in the other thread but thought I'd share here too!  Making use of the new light box my wife bought me for Christmas. :)  Cellphone pics for now til I have more time to set up the SLR :D  But I have to say all the great pics I see here are very inspiring! :) 

IMG_20161227_220827.jpg

IMG_20161227_220337.jpg

IMG_20161227_215605.jpg

IMG_20161227_215533.jpg

so I saw last night it was available on NY. I want one but wont pay 300 dollars for it. Canadian economy is sinking, my wing on my frontier blue jet just broke for no reason while i was transforming it for a 3rd time. These jet are way overpriced. Also I see a lot of these for sale by private collectors who just cant get rid of them. Bandai has gotten too long in the tooth with their macross stuff. I dont know why they are so overpriced to get items now. Oh well.

Quick on the fly pic....(forgot to close the drone bays.). 1st impressions are positives. The box imo is perfect....If only all boxes could be as sturdy with a top lid like that one. The inside presentation with the blueprint cover thing is excellent too.  As for the VF, haven't transformed it yet (I rarely transform my VFs.... Some never, others just once for pics). Great looking bird, still prefer the YF-30 though....Not sure I'll be shelling out to get all 5. Maybe 2...tops. Like the 01 VF-31S and the 03. Rambling.... 

image.jpg

Loving the pics guys. 

I'm conflicted over the Delta 2 release. It's one of the best looking 31s from the show but not THE best. That honour goes to the A model. I'm just not sure I can wait long enough to get my hands on a new Valk. I do hope to add Mirage's bird to my stable (pre-order gods permitting) 

Thing is, how long will it be for the Kairos? Will the market demand be there after 5 regular Delta platoon birds, plus the 262s? I hope so......

My unit has been without any update from the DHL since December 23 :/

BTW: I order it from Loopaza paying USD 58 for DHL (to Chile). The thing is they use DHLG whish is handled from HK to CL by DHL and from there by the local post office. Sucks!

So far with the delay from DHL there is no difference with any SAL service from JP.

10 minutes ago, spanner said:

my other two just arrived 15mins ago! now to pose them each in a different mode!

worth every penny! :D

im in love.jpg

Spanner with the ^^^ lol.

I am of course, most envious indeed sir.

Lovely trio of 31s, spanner!

I was able to mess around with my copy yesterday and was delighted by how solid it turned out to be.

So much fun transforming, posing, and taking pics of it! Definitely one of my favorites.

Can't wait for the super parts and the Draken!

I’m also really loving the 31J box. It’s made of super sturdy card. I compared it to the VF-19Advance box, which is really flimsy in comparison. Also loving the flap top, “remove before flight” card and the card cover for the accessories (hands/knives/pilots”), really classy touches. I normally don’t keep my toy boxes (not enough space), but I’m definitely keeping the VF-31J box.

I transformed the 31J from Gerwalk to Battroid mode last night for the first time. I found the instructions were not really clear on some steps of the torso transformation and locking, so I ended up looking at Suburo’s  photos to see how the torso is supposed to look when fully transformed. I’m sure if I could read Japanese the instruction manual would be clearer.

I have to say I think the Bandai 1/72 transformable model kit actually has easier/better torso transformation and locking than the DX. In my opinion, that’s the only area where the model kit is actually better than the DX.

Really digging the extendable and ratcheted hip joints on the VF-31J Battroid. Bandai have done an awesome job on this toy.

Like the majority so far, I do wish the canopy was a bit clearer.

As I’m only going to be buying one of each, I’m starting to think which modes I’m going to display the Delta Squadron DX’s in. Probably like this:

• Hayate’s VF-31J = Gerwalk.

• Messer’s VF-31F = Fighter.

• Arad’s VF-31S Battroid.

• Mirage’s VF-31C = Battroid.

• Chuck’s VF-31E = Fighter.

• Hayate’s episode 26 VF-31J = Fighter.

• VF-31A Kairos = Fighter.

28 minutes ago, eXis10z said:

Nice base. Are all 3 support beams attached to a valk?

yep each Valkyrie sits on the three stalks. Although not now as I switched modes on two of them and had to put the other stands back with other Valks I borrowed them from..

12 minutes ago, sh9000 said:

Awesome!

Awesome!

Awesome!!!

Thanks, thanks & thanks! :p :lol:

11 minutes ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Wow. Three makes for a stunning display.

they do indeed! :D

8 minutes ago, Saburo said:

Wow, that is EPIC!  I wish I had space to display like that.

Time to buy more Ikea Detolfs mate! hehe! :lol: