IMG_2390.JPG

IMG_2391.JPG

IMG_2392.JPG

IMG_2393.JPG

IMG_2394.JPG

IMG_2395.JPG

IMG_2396.JPG

IMG_2397.JPG

thats odd; Look at the headin Robot and Fighter; the eyes are a different color. They look black in fighter mode, like there is a shield over them or something. 

or alternate parts? A Battroid head and a fighter head? 

18 minutes ago, Scream Man said:

thats odd; Look at the headin Robot and Fighter; the eyes are a different color. They look black in fighter mode, like there is a shield over them or something. 

or alternate parts? A Battroid head and a fighter head? 

The horn too, in battroid mode is black color, but in Fighter it's gray ~ maybe Bandai marketing staff made error in when editing the images

Woo! Forums are looking spiffy. Hope everyone had a great Christmas. Looks like the PO pain begins early!

Received my pair of VF-31Js and the one I did transform had a super tight shoulder joint. Almost couldn't push it down for battroid and gerwalk mode. 

Edited by Shukenzero

34 minutes ago, Shukenzero said:

Woo! Forums are looking spiffy. Hope everyone had a great Christmas. Looks like the PO pain begins early!

Received my pair of VF-31Js and the one I did transform had a super tight shoulder joint. Almost couldn't push it down for battroid and gerwalk mode. 

same problem with mine, i was so afraid to push it all the way 

Edited by venth85

The paint will likely rub off as it has on mine on the shoulders. Also be careful of the head laser since it's now hard plastic. 

Great engineering throughout but prefer the simplicity of the VF-25 and it's overall shape. The 31 looks a bit chubby cos of how it widens toward the back toward the wings. 

Edited by Shukenzero

One of mine had some drops of super glue on the nose cone (you can see it in a couple of pics if you look real closely). I emailed HLJ about it and they said they couldn't replace it because it's sold out and discontinued. They offered me a 20% store credit instead, which was fine. I plan on detailing this baby up, and I'll just sand it off.

Someone asked how high the canards should sit. If you push the grey joint attachment all the way down, then pull the canards up as high as you can without pulling up the grey joint piece, then that should be the correct height. Cross-referenced it with the 1/72 and 1/144 models and the anime.

So to try and get Messer I'll have to be up at 2am on January 6th.. early Friday morning... that'll be rough but... I really want the 31F to go with my Sv-262Hs (rival displays are my thing apparently, I got a YF-30 and YF-29B after all, lol). So let the battle be joined.

42 minutes ago, ChaoticYeti said:

Fellow board members are also really good about posting when orders go up again after the initial storm.

It's true, that is how I managed to snag a preorder for the Sv-262! I hope that if preorder madness is too much for me I'll still be as lucky for this one afterward. After all, the Hayate valk reopened several times it seems.

Incidentally, I am probably going to need a lot more stands soon... will be back at your site soon I bet, lol.

Edited by Master Dex

I got one of mine before Christmas. Still waiting on another which I had accidentally ordered thinking I hadn't gotten one yet >.<

The engineering on it is pretty fantastic. Definitely improved over the YF-30. The things I dislike about it are not Bandai's fault, but just with the design of the valk to begin with like the stupid knee cap landing gears.

It might be just mine, but the final hinge for the whole weapon container assembly is kind of loose so it flops around and doesn't stay in place in battroid mode. It often times just falls back and points upward.

Other than that, a couple minor quibbles, like the 3 outer green flaps on the projector thingy are shaped incorrectly and the canopy having a sparkly frosted look to it. Not sure what they were going for here, but I am probably going to strip it off an re-tint mine with a clear yellow once I get the time to figure out how to disassemble it to get at the front piece.

Only got around to doing an oil wash to bring out the details, and there is a lot of it, as expected from Bandai.

Edit:

Just took a closer look. Bandai got really really good at hiding the screws because I can't find them and can't tell what parts are actually screw caps in the entire fuselage and nose area..

Edited by MacrossJunkie

Anyone who looked at the Facebook page knows I'm still waiting on my effing 31J though it is actually in the US now.  Turns out there was a problem with the paperwork for clearance outside the country.  Would have been useful info for FedEx to provide so I could contact HLJ about it.

Edited by Mommar

47 minutes ago, Cowboy17 said:

Am kinda glad I cancelled my preorder. I'm REALLY not digging that canopy.  

Yeah I hear ya. I think the canopy is really the only part of the valk I think could be a little better. They shouldn't have added the gold glitter to the plastic and just left it a nice clear tint like on majority of the DX line.

Edited by Duymon

I'll admit they have overdone the canopy tinting a bit but its not such an issue for me as the cockpit detail isn't great anyways so there isn't much to miss out on not being able to see inside there. Though it would have been nice if they included an optional clear canopy with it as there are scenes in the series where the canopy is much clearer than in others.

What does bug me more is the rear landing gear design. ok yeah I can see the whole concept is kinda innovative or outside the box thinking but the execution was poor. I only attempted deploying them once when I got the thing and one side I could barely turn the wheel to the correct position and didn't want to risk causing damage. It could have been done better.

Edited by spanner

48 minutes ago, Las Vegas Dad said:

I ordered it EMS from NY and the last update I got was it in Customs in Los Angeles on Friday. Any idea how long they hold it for? 

As long as they feel like it.  LA customs sucks.  I had two orders of SH Figuarts figures that were shipped on the 17th of December.  One of the packages I received on the 21st, the other was held over in customs until the 26th.  They're a complete crap shoot.

Edited by Mommar

3 minutes ago, Mommar said:

As long as they feel like it.  LA customs sucks.  I had two orders of SH Figuarts figures that were shipped on the 17th of December.  One of the packages I received on the 21st, the other was held over in customs until the 26th.  They're a complete crap shoot.

LA customs sounds like they suck nearly as bad as Australia Post.. <_< :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Muzaffar said:

I still don't have one. Sucks that it's sold out again. I'm trying to get one at a good price.  I don't want to pay NY ¥25,000 price tag. 

im sure more odd stock will pop up again as it did on amiami the other day so you could still get lucky. Or you can keep an eye out at Mandarake as there have already been a few sold there for decent prices. Though with time im sure the prices will only keep rising as they have done with many others..

I am not entirely sure, but I heard that Hayate's second VF-31J from the TV series sported some black lines on its legs reflecting Messer's colours and even the Grim Reaper emblem was attached onto the wings.

I would laugh if a future movie version will have the VF-31F head in Hayate's colours and then VF-31S head in Messer's colours if they make Arad die instead.