With the lack of significant mecha action in Delta recently and the difficulty of securing a VF-31J on pre-order, I'm kinda staring to get a bit disillusioned.

I miss the Macross Frontier renewal toy days, when we could at least rely on Nippon Yasan for securing a pre-order, even if it was at slightly inflated prices.

What I don't understand and probably never will is, if these stores have to provide pre-order numbers to Bandai to fulfill, how would Bandai not know that they sell well? Also, I'm sorry in advance, does that macross licensing debacle still hold any sort of pull in regards to how large the production run of Valkyries are made? Considering that these stores sell to international collectors.

Edited by DarkHawk

Again the Bandai business model rears its head, and again I am confused by people who want Arcadia to go away. Here is the lead mecha for the new Macross series, and people can't get one. Well unless you get super lucky. We see the price is no longer really the defining difference between the two companies, as the main mecha for this new series is now close to $200 or from some sites over before shipping. $1000 for the whole squad.... if you can ever find it at MSRP. Yikes.

Yeah, for the 31J we are very likely to see re-releases, but even then there will be pre-order nonsense.

The bottom line is Bandai has a very fan-unfriendly way of producing popular items, from Macross to Gundam to other lines.

-b.

Again the Bandai business model rears its head, and again I am confused by people who want Arcadia to go away. Here is the lead mecha for the new Macross series, and people can't get one. Well unless you get super lucky. We see the price is no longer really the defining difference between the two companies, as the main mecha for this new series is now close to $200 or from some sites over before shipping. $1000 for the whole squad.... if you can ever find it at MSRP. Yikes.

Who wants Arcadia to go away?

I don't think anyone wants Arcadia to go away (competition is always good - the more people making Macross toys the better!) - I just want them to step up their game and add more tampo details and come down a little in price.

Nothing like sky high exorbitant prices on a blank toy - argh. I don't mind paying more for more, not more for less.

Picking up my Arcadia VF-0D, VF-OS, YF-19 and a bunch of Bandai DX's cleaning this weekend, you forgot how well made (0D leg issue not withstanding) and detailed the Arcadia stuff really is. I'm a huge fan of Bandai and appreciate the less expensive angle of their DX stuff, but the Arcadia stuff really is a cut above. That being said, for the price they charge a lot more Tampo would be be nice!!!

Not to de-rail but Yamato/Arcadia's newer 1/60th line has always been a very good mix of toy and completed model. Their look and feel scream display piece, with an excellent ability to double as articulated perfect-transformation toy.

Bandai's DX line, to me, has always been more playable and toy-like. I enjoy both for what they are, but to beat the horse a bit more I just wish they weren't so damn hard to collect. It really does take a lot of the enjoyment out of it.

I just hope that the 31 line follows more in the steps of the 19 Advance with regard to quality and playability than the earlier 25 Renewals (25A being the most notable exception - being an amazing release) and even 29's.

-b.

There are members of this very forum who have clearly expressed their desire for Arcadia to "go under" and for Bandai to be the only game in town for Macross toys. Whether or not you believe it is up to you, as real research would require reading through years of forum posts, and I don't expect anyone to bother with that.

Short version: believe whatever the hell you want. :p

There are members of this very forum who have clearly expressed their desire for Arcadia to "go under" and for Bandai to be the only game in town for Macross toys. Whether or not you believe it is up to you, as real research would require reading through years of forum posts, and I don't expect anyone to bother with that.

Short version: believe whatever the hell you want. :p

Definitely, I'm not one of them. :ph34r:

There will be a lot more releases. It's gonna be ok as long as nobody goes on psychotic temper tantrums.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/101574-macross-thread-post13827215.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/101574-macross-thread-post13827243.html

Hehe I used to frequent that board years ago but left because of that same person's constant complaining and whining. And when I tried to get him to chill out, he went all aggressive and stuff. He's a moderator too so there's basically no arguing with him.

Funny thing is they used to keep saying that the folks on the MW forums were much worse than they were, but after having a few years comparing both groups, I think the MW board is more sensible in general.

The 31 should be a good release. The 30's were much improved over the past releases and the 19 was further better. I think the 31 should have the same quality bump (unless Bandai are going to do some strange corner cutting.)

I don't remember the posts but Lolicon is correct, some members directly wished for Arcadia's demise.

The 31 should be a good release. The 30's were much improved over the past releases and the 19 was further better. I think the 31 should have the same quality bump (unless Bandai are going to do some strange corner cutting.)

I don't remember the posts but Lolicon is correct, some members directly wished for Arcadia's demise.

Okay I believe you guys, but damn that still makes no sense. What would be their reasoning for wanting the only semi-competition to go out of business? That's 100% a bad thing for them even if Bandai is their one-and-only...

Okay I believe you guys, but damn that still makes no sense. What would be their reasoning for wanting the only semi-competition to go out of business? That's 100% a bad thing for them even if Bandai is their one-and-only...

Armchair speculation but several people expressed frustration they couldn't afford them (understandable) and/or outright disgust with people who could (a specific well-to-do member was specifically attacked a few times for his collection) so I'd assume a sort of "if I can't have it, nobody can" mentality. And then there's a few who probably think if Arcadia loses their license Bandai will magically start dipping into the Valkyrie "deep cuts" and start producing cheaper alternatives to all of them.

Back on topic, I cannot wait to see how the 31 actually turns out. I'm a tad concerned about the weird rear landing gear since I keep several of the Valks parked on their gears.

Its the net... Just ignore the morons and fools and know that in the real world, you'd still laugh in their faces and walk away.

I really hope some of the other valkyries won't be difficult to get.. I really want to grab the S and F variants and grabbed this J variant just in case. It sounds like S isn't that popular, but the F is... Really hoping to get two of each.

Sidenote - I'm actually surprised to hear about some of the comments about this forum. I've started lurking on this forum in the beginning of the year and started participating in the past couple months, i think people here are been really nice and helpful! I skimmed through some of the tfw posts, definitely worse imo...

Image Anime still has these available for pre-order if anyone wants one bad enough:

http://www.imageanime.com/dxchvfsihimc.html

Price is pretty steep ($250 + $25 shipping) and the full amount is due at checkout, but other than their prices, they seem to have a generally a good reputation.

Knowing that they have good reputation and all, what are the chances that you can score one knowing that most of the popular japanese store is already sold out?

TFW's gotten worse, MW is the same or slightly better. IMHO. I don't peek into TFW's Macross thread very often.

A bit OT, but I have been lurking on MW since I attended MW con 01, and the MW community tends to be more helpful in all aspects of life, whereas the TFW community can get a bit hectic. Bought a combiner from a moderator on TFW and the whole transaction was a nightmare. I don't even post on TFW I just lurk there like no other, here I will post every now and then because everyone is nice and civil. MW community is where it is at.

Well said. Most around here are civil, and cool people who are nice to deal with. I have never been ripped off or had a shady deal on this website. The only time I ever bought anything off TFW I got ripped off to the tune of 25 bucks not a huge deal but I now hang my hat here 100%.

Off topic but while I agree TFW is kinda bad, years ago (early or mid 2000s?) TFW was waaay more toxic. I remember one incident where one of the mods (Kickback I think) started a vicious attack on one of the members who was going through a rough time and just wanted to express her opinion on something, and the whole community jumped on board to attack her as well without repercussions. People only seemed to back off a bit when I called them out on their behavior, but really the mods should have nipped that in the bud asap, let alone allow one of their own staff to even start it.

Anyway, enough of that site's community, back to our beloved DX VF-31.

What is the likelihood of Bandai making the rest of the VF-31's exclusives? And will they continue releasing them in reverse order since Hayate's is 05, go back to 01, or based on popularity or presence in the show?

Edited by Heatwave

Off topic but while I agree TFW is kinda bad, years ago (early or mid 2000s?) TFW was waaay more toxic. I remember one incident where one of the mods (Kickback I think) started a vicious attack on one of the members who was going through a rough time and just wanted to express her opinion on something, and the whole community jumped on board to attack her as well without repercussions. People only seemed to back off a bit when I called them out on their behavior, but really the mods should have nipped that in the bud asap, let alone allow one of their own staff to even start it.

Anyway, enough of that site's community, back to our beloved DX VF-31.

What is the likelihood of Bandai making the rest of the VF-31's exclusives? And will they continue releasing them in reverse order since Hayate's is 05, go back to 01, or based on popularity or presence in the show?

My money is on the 31S being the next 31 to be released and all the 6 main 31 valks (including the A) will probably be regular releases. Just a guess though.