I don't know. Since Hayate is flying this machine I assume it has more appeal than a Valkyrie of a secondary character. I think Arads VF-31S could be the VF-25G of the series seeing how little he does in the Valkyrie.

Edited by Scyla

I completely missed it after being away from the forums for months, only checking in periodically to see what's happening with upcoming releases. So was it just one valk that went on preorder? Is there a timetable for the rest? Do I need to sit on AmiAmi for a week hitting F5 every 10 seconds?

Unless I missed something, the one thing Nippon yasan has that hlj doesn't is that Nippon let's you know when the product becomes available again if you give them your email address. Also, it looks like it's cheaper on my then hlj. Or, did I miss something?

Loopaza legit?

We will find out if Loopaza is legit or not. Took the plunge, and paid in full, the bad is that they only accept paypal, so I won't have buyer protection. Total price for the item and to ship to Southern California = $240, making this the most expensive DX I have bought at retail. Hopefully Loopaza comes through, if not I may be asking for some help from HK members early next year.

Unless I missed something, the one thing Nippon yasan has that hlj doesn't is that Nippon let's you know when the product becomes available again if you give them your email address. Also, it looks like it's cheaper on my then hlj. Or, did I miss something?

You missed the preorder , j/k

When it becomes available again at Nippon yasan it will not be the same low price , it'll be market rate minus little .

We will find out if Loopaza is legit or not. Took the plunge, and paid in full, the bad is that they only accept paypal, so I won't have buyer protection. Total price for the item and to ship to Southern California = $240, making this the most expensive DX I have bought at retail. Hopefully Loopaza comes through, if not I may be asking for some help from HK members early next year.

Took the plunge on one too. Fingers crossed!

Delta 02 the color scheme really looks good in Battroid, definitely will feel preorder madness for DX ver again

TOY-RBT-4129_01.jpgTOY-RBT-4129_02.jpgTOY-RBT-4129_03.jpg

Like that colour scheme, especially that boss skull leader paint job on the back, but not a huge fan of that head. That long blue paint provides no contrast to the "eyes" and the whole thing look like angry blue slits. :/

I kind of wish this had the head of VF-31S.

Created an account over at Loopaza just to see how much they charge for shipping. $49 for shipping to the USA via HK airmail. No other shipping options were given. Lame.

Actually you don't need to create an account in Loopaza to see the shipping cost. Once you put an item in their cart, there's a section where you can get a shipping quote based on where you live. And yes, they only have one shipping option.

I completely missed it after being away from the forums for months, only checking in periodically to see what's happening with upcoming releases. So was it just one valk that went on preorder? Is there a timetable for the rest? Do I need to sit on AmiAmi for a week hitting F5 every 10 seconds?

No timetable. The only thing we know is that after Hayate's 1J, it will be Keith's Draken III. But no official schedule yet when is the PO starts.

As for Messer's 31, those photos are the 1/72 kits?

I like the design of the VF-31F's. The head sort of reminds me of a skull, which works well with Messer's Grim Reaper notoriety.

I will have to pass on it however, as I simply cannot afford to buy all of the DX VF-31 figures. I'll just get Mirage's VF-31C when it goes up for preorder to go with Hayate's VF-31J, and that'll be it. If by some miracle I am able to afford another DX Macross Delta figure though, it'll be Sv-262 Draken III, although I'm starting to feel a little meh about it.

You know...as a somewhat competent model guy...I almost wanna try the 1/72 kits..I mean.. they DO look good! I mostly want them for fighter mode anyway and I do love Bandai's Star Wars kits. NO preorder madness--NO price hikes, NO waiting forever for the DX releases, and I could get basically all 5 for $250ish..hmmmm... :ph34r:

Edited by derex3592

As for Messer's 31, those photos are the 1/72 kits?

Yes they are. Someone asked about the gold calfs, and yes they're golden. They're the only parts that use gold-ish plastic in the kit.

Link to pics (doesn't allow hotlinking): http://dalong.net/review/etc/md01/p/md01_j_leg.jpg

I didn't care at all for the 31F until recently, but I certainly do now, and it was the head that did it for the most part. It reminds me of some of the designs from Armored Core - similarly angular heads (and also designed by Shoji Kawamori). The only criticism I'd have is that I wish it were made of translucent plastic, maybe with a grill texture molded in or as a separate part.

Because seriously, look at this sweetness:

Just checked mine and its still there! pew! I think i got mine within the first 2-3 minutes of the window, but we will see if its still there by next week.

just saw this online on one of the FB Macross pages.

This is Mark Kutsugi at HobbyLink Japan. Thank you for your order for

Bandai's BANN06298 DX Chogokin VF-31J Siegfried (Hayate Immelmann).

The stock status of that item was regretfully Order Stop at the time

you placed your order. A bug in our system allowed it to stay in your

shopping cart when it was no longer available for order. The bug is

being corrected now.

As the limit of orders for the amount of stock we expect to receive

was already reached, this item will be cancelled from your order

within 48 hours. You have not been charged for this item.

BANN06298 DX Chogokin VF-31J Siegfried (Hayate Immelmann) is expected

to be released on or about 12/31. If supplies are sufficient, we will

accept more orders for it at that time. In the meantime, if more stock

becomes available, more orders may be accepted. We do not currently

have a system to alert you if that happens, but you're welcome to

monitor its page in our online catalog:

I got the exact same email. During the pre-order I was unable to proceed to the final step to process my order, I could add to cart, select private warehouse, select paypal method, then.....dead. Tired this 5 times. Every time I did it would give me the "sorry page not found" or gateway error. HLJ really failed on this pre-order. I have pre-ordered before with them, and never saw a system outage like this before. I had one sitting in my cart, and 3 hours later, I was able to process the order. Got the order confirmation for HLJ, then the next day I got the email you got. HLJ fail.

Just like most here, my HLJ order got cancelled. Sucks too because between amazon prime day and this, I am batting 0/2. I had it in my cart at 3 min past the release time, but I could not get past the last checkout step. I kept getting the page not found error on HLJ and gateway not found. Tried multiple times and like many the order was probably cached and proceed 3 hours later only to get the email. I wrote and email back to HLJ explaining my disappointment and asking if they would be creating a wait list should items come back into stock either during the pre-order window until official release, or after the release. HLJ said, "By cancelling orders as soon as we become aware of the problem, we hoped it would not be too late for our customers to look into other purchasing options." Well, that sucks because if that were the case, I would have gone with the other options to begin with. HLJ followed with, "keeping customers on a wait list longer would only result in their disappointment much later." I see this but honestly, HLJ had it for 18000 Yen, it is now up to 20000 Yen and NY for what ever reason seems to always have extras upon release but at some ridiculous mark up, even though their release was the cheapest at like 15600 Yen.

I never have this problem with Yamato/Arcadia pre-orders. Not sure if it because their Macross line is not the current series and they do not hold the license so it is not as popular, or because Arcadia Valks seem to be in the high $200-300 range which makes it a little more prohibitively expensive. Either way, HLJ failed really bad this time.

I got the exact same email. During the pre-order I was unable to proceed to the final step to process my order, I could add to cart, select private warehouse, select paypal method, then.....dead. Tired this 5 times. Every time I did it would give me the "sorry page not found" or gateway error. HLJ really failed on this pre-order. I have pre-ordered before with them, and never saw a system outage like this before. I had one sitting in my cart, and 3 hours later, I was able to process the order. Got the order confirmation for HLJ, then the next day I got the email you got. HLJ fail.

Oh! Sorry plasticgoose, I think you misunderstood. I still have my order with HLJ. I was able to process the purchase in the 1-3 minute window. This text message from HLJ was from a macross Facebook page that someone posted. Apparently someone else that got a confirmation email around 5-10 minute window, received this email. I just double checked my HLJ and the VF-31 is still there. :) still.... HLJ hasn't solved this system failure/automatic confirmation/ response email, which makes people believe they scored a unit when they really didn't. HLJ is such a heartbreaker!!

There will be a lot more releases. It's gonna be ok as long as nobody goes on psychotic temper tantrums.

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/101574-macross-thread-post13827215.html

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/toyark/101574-macross-thread-post13827243.html

On a different topic, somebody please go tell Slave IV on TFW2005 to join this forum. I'll give him my preorder at HLJ.

Edited by sh9000

Man, got my hopes up. :lol: Probably only had a couple. Actually, what kind of irks me is that they'll cancel people's preorders entirely, then have stock appear out of nowhere and not fill those orders. Wish they would keep the preorders under some sort of "at risk" or "waiting list" status if you manage to get through the order process, but they don't know if they'll get stock to fill it.

I'm just going to wait until release and hope it reappears, can't spend every waking moment waiting on a preorder to pop.

Edited by Chronocidal