I'd also be a little concerned that while they rolled back the website defacement, that the attackers might have gotten into the back end database and started harvesting information. If their IT people were in a rush, they might not have done the necessary post-incident cleanup work. Sort of like with the Target Breach a few years back where they detected a problem a few days before the post Thanksgiving sales, but didn't want to take their payment card infrastructure offline during their busiest period - so millions of credit card details ended up in eastern europe.

yes that certainly is a worry.. makes you wonder what that attack was actually targeting or just to cause inconvenience??

yes that certainly is a worry.. makes you wonder what that attack was actually targeting or just to cause inconvenience??

the only thing that can really harm us from that attack at N-Y is if they started canceling all our current and previous preorders.

So which one is going to be the next PO? Arad? Or Messer?

As of now, there's no words yet on who's who. But we're definitely going to let you know the moment we get info on it like most people here do. After all, this is MacrossWorld. ;)

OT: I just want to point out that not all seller with Good feedback will honor PO, some of them just get the upfront payment of existing POs after they got a good credibility. Happened to me twice, Preorder of YF-29B and VF-19 Advance, and totally different seller.

(hence why my FromJapan account is now banned since I opted for Paypal protection).

the only thing that can really harm us from that attack at N-Y is if they started canceling all our current and previous preorders.

then its a good thing I don't currently have anything pending with them! They just fulfilled & shipped my Monster order which was the only thing I left open with them so I guess that means im sweet az! :D

probably the only other thing they could do is delete old order history meaning you'd lose the purchase rewards / discounts.. but that's not a big loss either seeing the best they have ever given me is a lowly 4% off.. bunch of tightarses.. <_<

I got a buddy that would want it, and he lives in Manhattan Beach, right by Redondo.

PM me, and I will send you his information, once I verify he still wants it or not.

He is a member on this board but rarely posts like me.

I'm off to bed now, but I'll do that when I'm up tomorrow.

extra cash!? it sure as hell ain't my money! its the banks! its called a credit card dude! hehe! im flat broke! :p:lol:

Hahaha! Then I guess we're in the same league then, eh? :lol:

Wait...there was an attack at N-Y?

Totally missed that...I must have been under a rock at the time.

-b.

So they say. I didn't catch that one too. Was busy at work earlier on Sunday. Just got home during the PO madness. ;)

I bet it goes...Arad, Messer, Chuck, and Mirage...THEN the cannon fodder.

If that's the case then I'm ready for Arad and Messer. ;)

I bet it goes...Arad, Messer, Chuck, and Mirage...THEN the cannon fodder.

Arad, Messer, Chuck, and Mirage... then super parts for each...with the SV-262 in between...then their ghost sets....THEN the cannon fodder. So about 2-3 years from now I'll check back for the VF-31A preorder :p.

Took me nearly 50 minutes to get my HLJ order from the confirmation screen (last stage before the order is confirmed) to "we've got your order".

Checked emails and noticed two. Tried to login to confirm and noticed my account is suspended. Oops...

Not a complaint, their system obviously had a hard time tonight. I think an email should resolve this without any issues.

I hope...

Arad, Messer, Chuck, and Mirage... then super parts for each...with the SV-262 in between...then their ghost sets....THEN the cannon fodder. So about 2-3 years from now I'll check back for the VF-31A preorder :p.

Thats the logical order but i think they should be released by screen time; Messer, Mirage, Arad and Chuck. I'm really disappointed by how little screen time Arad's valk has had.

Looking at the scalper prices all I can think of is disgust...... these guys need to get a proper job and stop robbing real collectors

Sad to say that there's people like that who does that kind of thing for a living. I mean they know what people wants so they just do it. That's how it is.

Thats the logical order but i think they should be released by screen time; Messer, Mirage, Arad and Chuck. I'm really disappointed by how little screen time Arad's valk has had.

I agree with you. I think the only Arad/31 highlight scene was way back in Episode 0.89/1 with Mikumo on it. After that, nada. Lucky that Messer got all the scissors-scissors scenes with Keith. Hehehe. And Hayate got all the good CQC scenes.

But still, I'm going for Arad's and Messer's 31's. ;)

Sad to say that there's people like that who does that kind of thing for a living. I mean they know what people wants so they just do it. That's how it is.

Before I knew how it all worked when I got back into collecting Valks, I got taken for a ride on eBay a guy with a good reputation sold me a YF-30 between preorder and release, and then disappeared taking about $400 USD with him. Couldn't get a refund through PayPal because this was before they had the lengthier payment cancellation policies and the guy was able to string me along long enough that the window on getting a refund closed. The only good part of the story was I ended up in Japan visiting a store in Akihabara and saw one in a glass case and bought it.

So after all this madness, I just checked my HLJ shopping cart account and there was a VF-31 just chillin' there. So I went ahead and continued with the purchase, checked out and it looks like I have 2x VF-31 now. Ooops! I got the first one on the 3rd minute of the window, and now this one, almost 2 hours after. I even got a confirmation email! I wonder if I can get away with it? :). Should I cancel it??

Edited by erikos0311

I would cancel it. It says limit one per customer and if they caught wind of it they might ban your account. I'd keep the earlier one.

Edited by wmkjr

So after all this madness, I just checked my HLJ shopping cart account and there was a VF-31 just chillin' there. So I went ahead and continued with the purchase, checked out and it looks like I have 2x VF-31 now. Ooops! I got the first one on the 3rd minute of the window, and now this one, almost 2 hours after. I even got a confirmation email! I wonder if I can get away with it? :). Should I cancel it??

Yes, cancel it. Your account can be suspended. In worst case, you loose both orders.

Did the same thing with mine but didn't realise the first one had gone through. Ended up with two and two emails as well. Attempted to log in and discovered my account was suspended.

I had to email customer service to get my order and account sorted.

Did the same thing with mine but didn't realise the first one had gone through. Ended up with two and two emails as well. Attempted to log in and discovered my account was suspended.

I had to email customer service to get my order and account sorted.

Yeah it was nice while it lasted. :) I went ahead and cancelled it and logged out and back in and I still have my first one. :) I would like to snag a second copy with NY for a cheaper price if I can. During the PO madness, I had both HLJ & NY open but after I scored my 1st copy with HLJ,I got distracted with my wife and baby, that I totally forgot about NY. O well, I'll keep an eye out in the next couple of days for NY. I'm glad almost everyone got a copy thou!! If you didn't, don't loose hope cuz I'm sure they will open again, just gotta stick by the computer for a long minute!

So after all this madness, I just checked my HLJ shopping cart account and there was a VF-31 just chillin' there. So I went ahead and continued with the purchase, checked out and it looks like I have 2x VF-31

I had a similar story, I was checking both amiami and HLJ. I got the VF-31 in the cart at HLJ but it was super slow and kept taking me to "sorry there was a problem" screen, so I decided to forget HLJ and just concentrate on Amiami. After getting the "sorry that item has been sold out" at Amiami which seemed like a million times I finally got one in my cart and checked out. So I was done with the PO madness I only wanted 1, time to do other stuff.

So like after an hour of watching Netflix I come back online to HLJ and see The vf-31 still in the cart and decide what the hell won't hurt if I try again,and guess what? the order went through.

Managed to get a preorder for the Vf-31J a few hours ago from hlj. Looking forward to getting my first Macross Figure. I had literally been checking various online stores several times a day, everyday in hopes of getting one.

Can I just ask if anyone knows if there is certain website or twitter etc that announces when figures like this are scheduled to go up for preorder? It's very stressful checking checking all day every day for limited release items like these chogokins

Managed to get a preorder for the Vf-31J a few hours ago from hlj. Looking forward to getting my first Macross Figure. I had literally been checking various online stores several times a day, everyday in hopes of getting one.

Can I just ask if anyone knows if there is certain website or twitter etc that announces when figures like this are scheduled to go up for preorder? It's very stressful checking checking all day every day for limited release items like these chogokins

Tried your method, I didn't know I had Vf-31 in my cart, I casually just ordered it 10 mins ago while the status already "order stop" , and managed to get one from HLJ. weird system

Edited by venth85

I kinda wish the Macross World twitter account would mention it - but the trick seems to be to check in threads in the Toys forum about a week prior to the 1st of the month.

Hmm well if I do that I'll only have to check for a single week each month, instead of the entire month, i guess that's more reasonable.

I'd still rather for bandai and other companies to have a preorder schedule instead of just a release date schedule.. I was lucky enough to get it around the time the preorders went live, but that's only because I was checking repeated throughout the day, including the hour prior.