From the video, the poseable hand is definitely stored inside the wing. During the transformation at 01:07 on the video you can see the person doing the transformation moving the fingers on the hand after the hand has been deployed from the wing.

Also, where to you get the idea that you have to swap parts to deploy the landing gear? At 00:43, we can see the rear landing gear wheels being rotated what looks like 180 degrees on the strut before the kneecap is closed and the landing gear stowed.

152915p1rb1xf1vrrr122f.jpg

The text on fig.03 seems says part swap for the rear landing gear on the knee joint, may be it is optional, I am not sure... may be some sort of extension?

EDIT:

Oh, my bad, it actually said part swapping is not required....

Edited by Swoosh

I like what I'm seeing. I actually like the rear landing gear no matter how nonsensical the design is.

I really hope there is a way to tab in the weapon container in all modes. Since I think the YF-30 turned out great I can't see Bandai messing up with that amount of field data available.

JPY 21,600 is a princely sum. Current conversions make it $278 AUD. I recall I paid less for the YF-29 even after missing out on the initial release and getting it from a seconds reseller.

Bandai seeking to just rake our wallets clean? Surely the production of these figurines aren't any more complex than the production of the VF-25, VF-27, YF-29 and YF-30?

Wha....I distinctly remember a remove before flight cover in the video unboxing... It seems to be cut short in this latest version ...

As for nothing tabbing together in fighter mode, not quite true. At 1:41 in the video, look immediately behind the front leg armor of the left leg. You'll see two slots separated by a bit of plastic. Look at the left wing root trailing edge and you'll see two separate tabs that look made to slot into the... well, slots in the leg. Bet there's more we can't see yet.

Edited by Sildani

God how hard is this toy going to be to get? Is it going to be like Ozuma VF-25S where it took ages for reissue?

It's all just based on luck again isn't it?

BTW still haven't even stated watching the series yet so I don't even know who the cool guy is that everyone wants first and becomes an absolute pain in the butt to obtain. Might watch some eps now actually.

IS the series better than Frontier? VF-31 looks like it doesn't need any strike cannons or super packs. Have destroid bomber pilots with thick armor finally been upgraded to fly with Valkyries like we all dreamed could happen one day? (think of it as a combination of the boob fighters mixed with the destroid tomahawk)

Or does Kawamori only think Valks should be allowed to do that?

Do pilots actually die in this series like old gundam and original macross shows or are virtually invincible super heroes like Macross 7?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

God how hard is this toy going to be to get? Is it going to be like Ozuma VF-25S where it took ages for reissue?

It's all just based on luck again isn't it?

BTW still haven't even stated watching the series yet so I don't even know who the cool guy is that everyone wants first and becomes an absolute pain in the butt to obtain. Might watch some eps now actually.

IS the series better than Frontier? VF-31 looks like it doesn't need any strike cannons or super packs. Have destroid bomber pilots with thick armor finally been upgraded to fly with Valkyries like we all dreamed could happen one day? (think of it as a combination of the boob fighters mixed with the destroid tomahawk)

Do pilots actually die in this series like old gundam and original macross shows or are virtually invincible super heroes like Macross 7?

Hayate is probably the character that could replace Alto in Frontier. Not the coolest char, nor the most skilled pilots, but the one that young dudes would likely identify themself to. There is probably the "Super strike addons" coming later because it was shown in an episode of the TV show.

For all the other questions, you should watch and discover them by yourself.

I will probably try to get this one because it is the first 31 and that I prefer to judge it myself, but if I cannot, due to the pre-order madness, I won't regret it too much because this is pretty sure they will re-edit it if it sells like frontier renewals...

The scarcity of add-ons in the show has me a bit worried/disappointed "One-time use" isn't enough to make me want to buy them.

As opposed to Frontier's Super Pack, which Alto used more often than not. And though he only used the Armor Pack twice----they were epic awesome scenes. And Ozma made the Armor Pack a must-buy the first time we saw it. Frontier made all the "extra bits" for the valks cool and desirable.

Delta hasn't done that at all. We've seen one set of parts used once to minimal effect.

David Hingtgen, I agree. The underuse of the VF-31 Super Parts in the show, coupled with it's disappointing looks gives me no reason to buy them. If they at least have done something cool with them...

(And yeah, the show is not over yet and the Super Parts will likely be brought out in the finale again. But as usually is the case with that show, it's too little, too late.)

The scarcity of add-ons in the show has me a bit worried/disappointed "One-time use" isn't enough to make me want to buy them.

As opposed to Frontier's Super Pack, which Alto used more often than not. And though he only used the Armor Pack twice----they were epic awesome scenes. And Ozma made the Armor Pack a must-buy the first time we saw it. Frontier made all the "extra bits" for the valks cool and desirable.

Delta hasn't done that at all. We've seen one set of parts used once to minimal effect.

I agree 100%

There's still a few more episodes left so it's not too late for them to add some more options.

Ever since the VF-19 Advance, I don't trust any of Bandai's "production" photos. :p

But yeah... Delta is doing a lousy job showcasing the planes, and an even worse job making me want to buy any add-ons.

Maybe that effect will carry over into more of the fanbase, and things won't be so hard to order? I don't know.

Have destroid bomber pilots with thick armor finally been upgraded to fly with Valkyries like we all dreamed could happen one day? (think of it as a combination of the boob fighters mixed with the destroid tomahawk)

What? What are you taking about

Any idea if the release schedule for these VF-31's will be aggressive? Like every other month? There are 10 basic VF/SV releases correct? Actually, if you count the cannon fodder versions of both the VF-31 and the SV-262 it's 12 I think? Anyway, it may take 3 years to get them all out....with armor packs sprinkled in-between. Not even including the DX Elysion and possible Regults and Destroids.

I'm guessing if you miss out on this first PO, you may have to wait at minimum 1 year for a re-issue if you don't get lucky on release day.

Really liking the fancy box for these. I'm in for at least 2. So when is the PO?

Official product page with new stock images is up.

http://tamashii.jp/item/11475/

item_0000011475_XxDD8LVx_07.jpg

it sure does have a sleek and sexy profile in fighter mode! B))

Great way to start the week! ;)

:D indeed!

still not sure how many im going to go for.. my son wants one but im not sure if I want only one or three myself!? one for each mode.. I guess it will depend on the 'per house' limit each store imposes..

sigh - I think this will be the first Macross toy I will try to get - it does not come with any kind of base so it can be displayed in flight, correct? Do you folks typically just purchase a Bandai base? If so, which of their bases are good for this size of model? Thx...

Edited by Petrov27

All the previous DX Chogokin Valkyries came with a (ugly but functional) display base so that they could be displayed in all three modes. I assume that the Delta Valkyries come with the same kind of stand since the box seems to have the same dimensions that the Frontier ones had.

The first Super Parts to my memory came around ep 7, and they had Sound Boosters as well. So I wonder if it will be one package as extra parts, or if they will drag it out.

sigh - I think this will be the first Macross toy I will try to get - it does not come with any kind of base so it can be displayed in flight, correct? Do you folks typically just purchase a Bandai base? If so, which of their bases are good for this size of model? Thx...

Being a MWF member since 2013, you still don't have atleast one Macross toy? :rolleyes:^_^