Oh man, I was hoping the DX's would be in the 15,000 neighborhood. Why, why, why?!

Now I gotta decide what I need more in my life, HMR M&M's or a DX 31 and a Draken.

Guess I could eat out less...

I'm probably going to try and get at least a couple of these, but I might stick with Hayate and Mirage (and the eventual 31A if it ever happens.. MAYBE Chuck, just because I really like the color).

Might change a bit later in the show, but I don't think Delta is doing as good a job at marketing the valks as Frontier did. The dogfights are cool and all, but the lack of any significant battroid-based baddassery is making me think I'd be more interested in a fixed fighter-mode model.

I just think comparatively how, by the end of the first two episodes of Frontier, we'd already seen two separate armor variants of the VF-25, we'd seen all three modes showcased, and I was left with the feeling that I neeeeeeeeded an armored VF-25S. Maybe it's the design choices, maybe it's just the lack of interesting action, but I don't feel that way about the 31.

Fortunately, with the folding wings and general shape of the valk, I think I should be able to easily display these standing on the feet in fighter mode, because Bandai still can't make an attractive stand, and those landing gear are an abomination.

Edited by Chronocidal

Can anyone translate what the article says about the boomerang drones? To me they seem a bit too tiny to have the ability to fold out from their storage mode.

google translation is messing up on me but if you zoom in you can see the line for transformation.

Pretty much you transform it by twisting the ends of the V toward the middle/each other to form the Square look. And reverse to change it back to the V

post-2743-0-06681000-1469255237_thumb.jpg

I'm still hyped to get one but judging by looks, I'm really disappointed they removed the waist swivel. I'm going to miss it from the YF-30

Me too. Seems a step backwards.

I'm starting to wonder.. either no one setting up these displays is very skilled at transforming these valks to look presentable, or there is literally nothing to be done about how ducking fugly the spine is. :huh:

Well, I don't find the spine *that* ugly, but no I don't think it gets any better than what's shown here. Too bad, I think the 1/72 did it a little nicer. Edited by aurance

google translation is messing up on me but if you zoom in you can see the line for transformation.

Pretty much you transform it by twisting the ends of the V toward the middle/each other to form the Square look. And reverse to change it back to the V

attachicon.gifz2.jpg

I can't find my intuos pen, what's it saying about the VF-31A?

the Yen is pretty high also, but that won't stop us from buying!

People will buy this unless we see Arcadia level pricing, which might happen in a few years (and by then, macross fans have adjusted their wallet or went extinct)

Edited by chyll2

Looking forward to the toy, but definitely not to the late-night pre-order madness that's sure to follow. Any idea how popular these things are in Japan? Are they as or more popular than Frontier?

hmm, why is the front landing gear half white?

attachicon.gifz2.jpg

Most real world fighters' landing gear and l.g. bays are all white to make it easier to inspect them for hydraulic leaks and damage. Yamato/Arcadia gets this right, but Bandai... not so much.

Edited by warrhead

Can't even lie, I'm totally in for pre-order madness. Already debating on taking a vacation day, working from home or straight calling in sick from work the next day after being up until 3,4, 5 or 6 AM.

-b.

Looking at the legs there, I just realized. Judging by the angles of hip, thigh, and lower leg, I think they actually put in two separate joints for sideways rotation: one above the knee like on the renewal VF-25, and one above the thigh, like the VF-19 Advanced has.

Not sure why they felt the need to make it double jointed (yay, more tiny moving parts <_<) but it should open up some interesting posing options for gerwalk mode.

Edited by Chronocidal

Most real world fighters' landing gear and l.g. bays are all white to make it easier to inspect them for hydraulic leaks and damage. Yamato/Arcadia gets this right, but Bandai... not so much.

Which is why I'm surprise it's half white , I'll prefer it all white but from their previous valks I wasn't expecting it. The plan metal look grew on me as its a chogokin . But then when I see only half white ,I was like wtf it looks even worse. I hope the white part is not plastic.

Which is why I'm surprise it's half white , I'll prefer it all white but from their previous valks I wasn't expecting it. The plan metal look grew on me as its a chogokin . But then when I see only half white ,I was like wtf it looks even worse. I hope the white part is not plastic.

Exactly. All-metal at least resembles some real-world landing gear. (White is more of a US thing). But half and half? Looks like a mistake.

See, I'm thinking from the lighting there, that might actually be the door hanging in front of the gear strut, combined with a bit of glint off the lower half of the strut.

Otherwise, I don't see any gear doors there. The pic is too low resolution to really tell.