Re: super's on the 31..It took getting used to but am starting to like the RAW edginess (is that a word?) its giving to an otherwise sleek fighter.

Kinda purposeful built for speed.

I don't know why but it kinda reminds me of the old booster packs...to hell with aesthetics...get the job done!

post-15116-0-71605600-1467168993.jpg

But yea it took me a bit to get used to, perhaps i might not like it later heh ;)

On a side note, when are they gonna show the D01 doing something kick-ass with armor packs or something?

If they don't outfit it with anything other than the sound pack soon, am afraid that i might be considering the D02/31A as my fav valk soon...grrrr... :huh:

I am wondering if there'll be a full-armor set for the -31. Needs to happen fairly soon if it's going to happen at all.

Hopefully the remaining episodes will be filled with battles galore , ie taking back of ragna or assault on the proto capital ship.

I just hope they are not toying with the idea of a armored sound pack!

Never been done i thk(?), but i like the traditional firepower to handle any kind of situation valk.

Either that or give me a NUN's vf-171 armored pack!!

Edited by seti88

Yea we don't get a pure armored battroid mode anymore i think.

In terms of toy release, the next closest thing would b the reactive armor.

I don't quite mind if valk design went down that route, as i rather have a beefy battroid than a possibility of no armor due to transformation restrictions..

i would suppose frontier set a high bar in that dept..

In terms of toy release, the next closest thing would b the reactive armor.

My desire for Arad and Chuck's VF's have fallen a LOT. They just don't show me enough in the show to have a connection.

Definitely want Hayate, Mirage, and Meser's though.

So I started to watch the first episode of delta and I immediately got annoyed by the girl. Ok, no problem. But than when the VAR broke out in the zentradi camp and all the girls came out to sing and dance in the stupid sailormon fashion...I just facepalmed! I mean, is this what Macross has become? Whats with the skimpy singing girls and the same loner main character nonsense? Same crap was in Macross Frontier. Gone are the days of macross plus I guess. Macross Zero did a good job with the seriousness, matureness and drama and story, too. It all went to hell after that. I don't think I can continue watching anymore. Maybe if someone took all the episodes and edited them to just show the valks and the action than maybe.

Perhaps I'm just too old.

Anyways, i'm waiting for the preorder cause I love the design of the 31. As for the show...meh.

Macross Zero was boring as hell and the last episode made no damn sense. Macross Plus contains rape victim blaming. Macross II and 7 were just plain awful.

It's important to keep a sense of proportion. :p

EDIT: Crap, did I accidentally kinda sorta defend Macross Delta? Nuts.

Edited by Lolicon

@muzaffar Episode 1 can be jarring for sure, but I think the series has gotten better and better with each episode. Just keep an open mind and it will grow on you. :)

Back to toys! The fast pack armor that cover intakes better be dead solid this time around. I want to be able to look at it without them falling off. :lol:

How did 2015 tears seep into the DX 31 thread?

Because some people can't handle that it's not *their* Macross, it's Kawamori's Macross. And the Big Hoary Froating Head does as he likes.

Anyway, here's a DX toy related question at least. Does the DX toy actually have the hardpoints that are on all the other merchandise? The in-show 3D model, the 1/72 transformable kit, the 1/144 Gimix kit and the Mecha Colle kit all have very obvious hardpoint connectors (the most obvious on any VF ever), and it was fairly obvious to me at least that they're based on the functional hardpoint connectors on the DX toys for the VF-171 and YF-30... but when I saw the early prototype pics for the DX toy - which are so far the only ones I've seen where the hardpoint connectors should have been visible - the toy didn't have them. And the more recent pics I've seen have all been from the front or above, where the hardpoint connectors wouldn't be visible.

(Wouldn't that really be typical Bandai - Kawamori goes "here, let me just use the same hardpoint connectors on this design and make them really visible on the model so people won't complain about how they look on the toy", and then Bandai puts them on everything else *except* the toy...)

Anyway, here's a DX toy related question at least. Does the DX toy actually have the hardpoints that are on all the other merchandise? The in-show 3D model, the 1/72 transformable kit, the 1/144 Gimix kit and the Mecha Colle kit all have very obvious hardpoint connectors (the most obvious on any VF ever), and it was fairly obvious to me at least that they're based on the functional hardpoint connectors on the DX toys for the VF-171 and YF-30... but when I saw the early prototype pics for the DX toy - which are so far the only ones I've seen where the hardpoint connectors should have been visible - the toy didn't have them. And the more recent pics I've seen have all been from the front or above, where the hardpoint connectors wouldn't be visible.

(Wouldn't that really be typical Bandai - Kawamori goes "here, let me just use the same hardpoint connectors on this design and make them really visible on the model so people won't complain about how they look on the toy", and then Bandai puts them on everything else *except* the toy...)

The thing is, what you saw over time is the same thing we've seen. So for now, nobody can really answer whether the new DX figures will come with hardpoints. And besides, even if it comes with it, the basic DX set doesn't come with missiles. You just need to wait if ever there will be a Tamashii Web release for some add-on parts that includes missiles.

Ok, enough with the show-ranting in the toy section, but I'll just say:

Muzaffar----the tone DOES change, a lot. Frankly, there's an immediate and severe drop-off in the amount of "outfit-changing scenes" and the singing does go down a lot for many of the next eps. I'd suggest giving it at least one or two more eps before writing the series off entirely.

(I still think it's far inferior to Frontier, but it is at least tolerable, if not getting interesting, at this point) But man was that first ep painful...

I'm seriously considering waiting for a VF 31A because I love the fact that its in a proper(and nice looking) aircraft gray, unlike the cream and light green drab that we've seen most of the time that is nice, but doesn't quite speak to me.

Even more interesting than that. 03 has them, 01 has them. But 05 doesn't. But that's likely because 05 is the original prototype and wouldn't have all of that finished detail like the later, closer to production, models would.

The thing is, what you saw over time is the same thing we've seen. So for now, nobody can really answer whether the new DX figures will come with hardpoints. And besides, even if it comes with it, the basic DX set doesn't come with missiles. You just need to wait if ever there will be a Tamashii Web release for some add-on parts that includes missiles.

I'm not actually in the market for the DX kits, they're way out of my price range and I'm more of a 1/72 kind of guy. It was just kind of jarring how all the other models looked like they had hardpoint connectors specifically based on the DX toy hardpoints... and then the DX toys didn't have them in the preview pics. It was such a complete "wut?" moment.