Agreed, I really like Messer's VF-31F and I personally would still like to get the DX for it if possible (as well as Keith's 262 for combat poses). I am sure somehow we'll see it in action again in the show... just not sure who will be using it.

Agreed, I really like Messer's VF-31F and I personally would still like to get the DX for it if possible (as well as Keith's 262 for combat poses). I am sure somehow we'll see it in action again in the show... just not sure who will be using it.

Roid defects and uses it to freak Keith out

Not totally on-topic, but as far as the just-released transforming model kit is concerned, the landing gear doors (on the nose, at least) don't swing downward as per tradition. Rather, they hinge up into the gear well. I don't know if this is how it's appeared in the anime, but there you are.From this video build:

Would've been neat but alas not: http://m.imgur.com/GnXSvH3?r

I don't think it'd work with an actual nose gear inside. I think it's ONLY feasible because on the kit, you physically remove the gear entirely, it doesn't retract inside. The nose wheels alone I think would negate the possibility of having them fold in, then having the gear swing past them.

The gear strut fits between them, inserted from below, from outside. But you couldn't swing the gear down past them from within, if it was actually inside the wheel well at any point.

Roid defects and uses it to freak Keith out

That or anything interesting happening would be nice. So far the only interesting event was in episode 10, and we're almost halfway through the series.

Watching Delta is like watching the Itchy & Scratchy & Poochie show.

firworks%20factory_zpspbpnfymr.gif

It'll be piloted in the second half of the series by Messer's identical twin brother.

Edited by Lolicon

Not much of a spoiler so I'll just leave this here! 31A-san :wub:
Note they're jettisoning fold packs off their super packs -_-
post-17939-0-24994200-1466962011_thumb.gif

post-17939-0-56507700-1466962721_thumb.gif

Edited by Moosey

I wonder if the vf-31f would end up ai controlled based on messers piloting data. But yes I hope to see the d02 in flight again somehow ...

Hey yeah... Didn't they say that they were sending his data to lady m?

Hey yeah... Didn't they say that they were sending his data to lady m?

Delta platoon along with walkure's data are available to lady M, even within the squad they like to crunch those numbers.

Whether there would be ai involved is another matter.

It would be cool though, if stone cold messer becomes even an colder AI. ;)

However, with events in ep 13, the chance of AI control of D02 may be dwindling.

My most anticipated product of the year!

It may be 1-2 years down the line, i dunno... :rolleyes:

With Super packs..........and tamashi exclusive Fold Booster packs!! :p

all of it whatever! bring it on! LOL! :p:lol:

Armored dammit armored! :D:lol::p

Edited by seti88

Delta platoon along with walkure's data are available to lady M, even within the squad they like to crunch those numbers.

Whether there would be ai involved is another matter.

It would be cool though, if stone cold messer becomes even an colder AI. ;)

However, with events in ep 13, the chance of AI control of D02 may be dwindling.

It may be 1-2 years down the line, i dunno... :rolleyes:

Armored dammit armored! :D:lol::p

It would be funny if ai messer has more of a personality hehehe

damn that VF-31A looks better than all the other one

maybe its the lack of colors, i like the plain look, more realistic

and . . . random, but dumping fold boosters seems so wasteful. Its a freakin fold booster! I know they need to fight in atmosphere but . . . surely there's a poor sap out there that collects them, lol

I am just thinking off the cuff but with all the glorious tech in this series, why dont they just make the jets that have better engines and have fold boosters built in? It just seems this all too becoming the norm to up the price of the valks and a nice add on like, would like a belt with those pants......

I find now that the booster packs takeaway the sleekness of these jets.

The booster packs make sense from the perspective that they're adding a significant amount of extra weapons systems, and all that extra mass is going to need more fuel to get it moving, and possibly more thrust to keep it functional.

Unfortunately, these just look ugly. :huh: I don't mind the armor pieces on the rest of the valk, they blend in decently, though the under-wing panels look a little out of place, and I'm curious what they're for.

It's the boosters that blow the whole thing to pot. They're huge, not even remotely securely attached, and make the entire plane look horribly unbalanced. Yes, they look a lot like the VF-11's boosters, but those were mounted on the main body, not mid-wing, and they weren't that big.

I think the only thing that would fix these is either mounting them on the main fuselage (not likely because of the wing folds in the back) or splitting the booster down the center, rotating it outward, and sliding it over the front of the wings like the VF-25, placing one nozzle above and below the wing. Mounting that entire monstrosity on just the stub of the folded tail looks unstable to the point that I have no idea how they'll stay on the toys at all.

The booster packs make sense from the perspective that they're adding a significant amount of extra weapons systems, and all that extra mass is going to need more fuel to get it moving, and possibly more thrust to keep it functional.

Unfortunately, these just look ugly. :huh: I don't mind the armor pieces on the rest of the valk, they blend in decently, though the under-wing panels look a little out of place, and I'm curious what they're for.

It's the boosters that blow the whole thing to pot. They're huge, not even remotely securely attached, and make the entire plane look horribly unbalanced. Yes, they look a lot like the VF-11's boosters, but those were mounted on the main body, not mid-wing, and they weren't that big.

I think the only thing that would fix these is either mounting them on the main fuselage (not likely because of the wing folds in the back) or splitting the booster down the center, rotating it outward, and sliding it over the front of the wings like the VF-25, placing one nozzle above and below the wing. Mounting that entire monstrosity on just the stub of the folded tail looks unstable to the point that I have no idea how they'll stay on the toys at all.

The under-wing panels are shield extenders - you can see them when Chuck goes "Gerwalk Fighter" and deploys his arms in episode 6.

The boosters IMO are no worse than the boosters on the VF-11 or the AeroSpace super parts for the VF-19 or (IIRC) VF-22 - those don't look all that secure either.

Anyway, this was just posted to /m/:

1467151057954.jpg