Nice that they got the dish to fit nicely, now they need to get off their backsides and finish the rest of the freakin plane.

Sorry I'm starting to sound like a broken record, I'm just baffled by the lengths they're going to advertise a half-baked prototype, and I really want to see the final version. It feels like they're desperate to get the fans excited for something they haven't even figured out how to make yet.

Edited by Chronocidal

Nice that they got the dish to fit nicely, now they need to get off their backsides and finish the rest of the freakin plane.

Sorry I'm starting to sound like a broken record, I'm just baffled by the lengths they're going to advertise a half-baked prototype, and I really want to see the final version. It feels like they're desperate to get the fans excited for something they haven't even figured out how to make yet.

They announced on Twitter the other week that 31 development was complete. I'm not sure what it is you're up in arms about here.

They announced on Twitter the other week that 31 development was complete. I'm not sure what it is you're up in arms about here.

If it's complete, why don't they show the complete version, instead of popping out more copies of their prototype? None of the ones they're showing are anywhere near complete, they all have solid forward fuselages with no gear doors or fold points, and they all look like they have a single piece leg from hip to ankle.

I mean, it can only help them. They've clearly got the 262 done, and can put it in all sorts of dynamic poses, but the battroid 31 hasn't moved a limb since it first appeared.

I'm not upset or anything really, I'm mostly just baffled, and impatient. I want to see how the final product looks so I can start picking apart how it transforms. :p

Edited by Chronocidal

If it's complete, why don't they show the complete version, instead of popping out more copies of their prototype? None of the ones they're showing are anywhere near complete, they all have solid forward fuselages with no gear doors or fold points, and they all look like they have a single piece leg from hip to ankle.

I mean, it can only help them. They've clearly got the 262 done, and can put it in all sorts of dynamic poses, but the battroid 31 hasn't moved a limb since it first appeared.

I'm not upset or anything really, I'm mostly just baffled, and impatient. I want to see how the final product looks so I can start picking apart how it transforms. :p

Because they still want to show off what they're working on even if all of the mechanisms havn't been finalized. We already pointed out Kawamori came up with some questionable attachment points for the super packs which may not be very easy to make work on a toy. The 31 must have taken longer to tweak than the 262, either that or the 262 looked harder to make so they tackled and completed it first. If the 31 was only just recently finished it would stand to reason they haven't got a completed kit to put out on display just yet but it's only a matter of time until a finalized copy can be created and replace the older demo copy they printed.

Get it right the first time. I am ok with delays. I'd rather not see renewals on these valks pop up a year or two down the line.

EDIT: I realized after I wrote the stuff below we said the same thing. I thought you said you preferred Renewals. Nevermind, but I'll leave my text as was.

I disagree.. The idea of renewals bugs me. To get a better product you either have to buy it twice or wait longer than necessary. That's just stupid. Renewals shouldn't be necessary if they just do the job right the first time. I'd rather wait for a good product to be made the first time than have to decide if I want to buy it again to get a better one.

Edited by Master Dex

Have we seen a renewal since the first time? The VF-27 only barely counts because it came out just before the renewal -25, then later ones got new hips based on it. It was far from the total redesign the -25 got. It's a version 1.5 at best.

The -171, -29, and -30, all have just the one mold.

It's not like there's a long history of renewals in the Frontier/Delta era. There's one (the -25), and one "tweak".(the -27)

So the other side of the multipurpose container is a what now? A remote charger for the drone things? Don't remember seeing what it did in the show.

That's it exactly, from what we've seen so far. It can "beam" energy to them when they run out.

It's not like there's a long history of renewals in the Frontier/Delta era. There's one (the -25), and one "tweak".(the -27)

I am not worried, either. Just saying I am fine with delays when you end up with a better product.

I wouldn't even call the newer 27's renewals. They had slight mold changes, but were not an entire design overhaul. I think bandai is on track.

Edited by ChaoticYeti

It was already pretty obvious that the V1 VF-25 was going to be crap from the promo pics, before it even came out. And they turned out even worse than anticipated.

I think Bandai has learned from that and is capable of actually putting out a decent valkyrie toy on the first try now.

I still remember the cries of "nah, the CG is just too skinny, Kawamori intended them to be bulkier--the DX is the REAL way the -25 is supposed to look" from all the Bandai-defenders on the board, when we saw the V1.

It was already pretty obvious that the V1 VF-25 was going to be crap from the promo pics, before it even came out. And they turned out even worse than anticipated.

I think Bandai has learned from that and is capable of actually putting out a decent valkyrie toy on the first try now.

I got so pissed at the V1 VF-25 with armor parts that I threw the whole thing very hard at a dumpster, whereupon it exploded. No regrets.

Guest davidwhangchoi

it a mis translation on part by a forum post.

it is still in production,

So the other side of the multipurpose container is a what now? A remote charger for the drone things? Don't remember seeing what it did in the show.

Yes the other side of the container that does not hold the beam-gunpod is a wireless charger for the multi-drones.

It has only been shown being used once in the Mission 0.89 preview episode.

For some reason they cut that scene from the Mission 1 episode, which I feel was a mistake, as people who didn't see 0.89 and who haven't read up on it will have no idea what it is or that the multi-drones do run out of power and can be quick charged by the VF-31.

0.89 is an early release unfinished preview of episode one and was released late last year in December IIRC. Even though it is about 90% the same as episode one It is worth seeing in my opinion as there are some differences, mainly the deleted wireless charging scene.

it a mis translation on part by a forum post.

it is still in production,

Thanks for the clarification. I'm glad Bandai's taking their time with the 31. Hope they get the landing gear right on the DX. Their

1/72 model kit landing gear don't seem to be accurate.

Thanks for the clarification. I'm glad Bandai's taking their time with the 31. Hope they get the landing gear right on the DX. Their 1/72 model kit landing gear don't seem to be accurate.

Yeah, I agree with you. Wish they would refine the landing gear on the DX version. But, even with DX, it will still be coming out from the knee for sure. And that for me, design-wise, is just an afterthought. For sure, they just forgot about the landing gear and just decided to utilize the knee armor since they already revealed the image of the 31 last year. Hehehe. :lol:

... For sure, they just forgot about the landing gear and just decided to utilize the knee armor since they already revealed the image of the 31 last year. Hehehe. :lol:

I'd buy that reason more if Bandai was designing it themselves, instead of Kawamori, but maybe he just got lazy this time? :lol:

The few shots of the landing gear in the series confirm the location, but I really can't begin to comprehend the thought process that decided that location was the best option. Even if they're proper struts, the location and kneecap covers look like an afterthought.

All the more reason to keep it displayed on a stand though. And honestly, if they actually start using clear plastic for their monstrous stands, I might even consider using them. :p

I'd buy that reason more if Bandai was designing it themselves, instead of Kawamori, but maybe he just got lazy this time? :lol:

The few shots of the landing gear in the series confirm the location, but I really can't begin to comprehend the thought process that decided that location was the best option. Even if they're proper struts, the location and kneecap covers look like an afterthought.

All the more reason to keep it displayed on a stand though. And honestly, if they actually start using clear plastic for their monstrous stands, I might even consider using them. :p

He already got paid so I guess it's just him getting lazy this time. What's one show to get lazy, right? Hahaha! :lol:

...and then there's an ENTIRE line called High Metal RENEWAL. I was glad I skipped the originals, simply branded as High Metals, and am happy with the HMR's and their current design philsophy/standards, but it's another example of Bandai just not getting it quite right the first time. That can make a fella a little skittish about jumping onto a new line with both feet as it were.