Nice. There seems to be much more to the Super Parts than I initially thought from the preview episode. I think I still prefer the boosters of the VF-25 over these VF-11 inspired ones. I wonder how the Armored Parts look if there are any.

I love the Speaker Pod attachment

Edited by Scyla

Dammit! There goes my wallet again! Now I gotta get one for each since they're color matched!

Not sure what you mean on the color match?

Nice. There seems to be much more to the Super Parts than I initially thought from the preview episode. I think I still prefer the boosters of the VF-25 over these VF-11 inspired ones. I wonder how the Armored Parts look if there are any.

I love the Speaker Pod attachment

The 31 looks imposing without its regular gun/charger! Esp in battroid!

Agree with you on preferring the 25 boosters over the 11 boosters. The only positive would be a lighter back load in battroid compared to if they were 25 boosters..

Probaby wmkjr meant that the add-on parts are color match to its respective 31's. See Delta 01's booster. The end tip is color coordinated to the Valk. Even the shoulder missile pods looking thingy. And the intake cover part too. And knowing that this will be 99% Tamashii Web exclusive, you have to get it while it's still in MSRP. And the only safe place to get those are in NY. And if he's planning on getting the whole squad, then it only means it's time to burn those wallets again. ;)

As for me, seeing those speaker pods... not sure yet if I'm going to invest on these Valks. I might buy Delta 01 and the add-on part. And if the speaker pods can be transformed, I rather keep it in rest mode (closed speakers?). :D

Edited by no3ljm

I'm still sure to get the C,F and J variants but i think that i will only try to get super parts for the F (Messer). Also I need to see the A in battroid mode D:, we have only seen the fighter and gerwalk modes. Also i think that they go with this type of super pack to avoid problems with the A.

God, they are speaker pods, aren't they? Usually this is where i draw the line...speaker pods/sound booster. No valks carring something like that will ever make it into my lair...

That's unfortunate though. I started to like Delta and its valks, especially the SV...well, it seems my wallet is saved for now. ^_^

Probaby wmkjr meant that the add-on parts are color match to its respective 31's. See Delta 01's booster. The end tip is color coordinated to the Valk. Even the shoulder missile pods looking thingy. And the intake cover part too. And knowing that this will be 99% Tamashii Web exclusive, you have to get it while it's still in MSRP. And the only safe place to get those are in NY. And if he's planning on getting the whole squad, then it only means it's time to burn those wallets again. ;)

As for me, seeing those speaker pods... not sure yet if I'm going to invest on these Valks. I might buy Delta 01 and the add-on part. And if the speaker pods can be transformed, I rather keep it in rest mode (closed speakers?). :D

Yup exactly as no3ljm said. Each of them have there own color matched parts. The shoulder sections, arm covers, upper thighs and crotch and I think the lower leg and the booster tips. Just like the Frontier's were color matched. Gotta go with NY again (cue gif).

Edited by wmkjr

I think I will go with the same scheme as with the Frontier Valkries. I buy one copy of each Valkyrie that has a mold difference and one of each add-on set so Ideally I have 4 Valkyries with 4 different add-on sets and one bare VF-31. Same goes for any Windermere Valkyries and NUNS forces.

I have no idea if the "unfolding" will translate well to a toy. Sure, it's not THAT complicated and I think it could work---my worry is about it working WELL. I imagine a bunch of skewed lop-sided-looking bits when deployed. It may actually be better to simply have part-swapping "stowed" and "deployed" versions. (though that would eliminate all the "fun" of that set).

And yes---when they go up for pre-order as their inevitable Tamashii exclusives---buy them for every VF-31 you think you may someday own. I'd order Mirage's right now if I could. It'll be much cheaper than trying to get them later, and if you never end up getting the valk they go to---you can certainly sell them for a tidy profit by that time.

I hate to think what my Alto Super and Armor sets would have cost, had I waited to buy them until after I finally got an Alto -25...

THAT's gonna be a problem on a DX---look how the tailfin folds to accomodate the booster---it doesn't fold over at the base, it folds over part-way up:

VF-31superFin_zpsbc50nphm.jpg

Looking----does the booster actually attach to the "stub" of the tailfin? It seems directly lined up with it.

Here you can see the 'classic' method of "one click down at GERWALK joint, one click back up at knee" to reposition the legs:

VF-31superJoint_zpsaj8orr2j.jpg

There's some sort of fine script on the shoulder bits, can see here on Mirage's:

VF-31CsuperClose_zpsbvywnhpa.jpg

(also looks like it says Aether at the front of the booster)

Coloring notes---band of color at rear of boosters, just ahead of nozzles. Otherwise the boosters seem 'generic' with almost all the color-matching being on the shoulder-pad bits surrounding the canards:

VF-31Csuper2_zpsbimnistr.jpg

OK, best view of the underside of fighter mode comes courtesy of Chuck:

(who also introduces something I think is new---arms-only GERWALK)

VF-31Earms_zpspclss3y4.jpg

At least as many parts as VF-25 Supers have, possibly surpassing it? With this much "stuff" already, what will full armor look like? (the -31 is so skinny, it can surely accomodate it)

I have a suggestion. How about moving spoilers to the episode discussions instead of posting them in the toys section since some of you can't be bothered to hide it using the spoilers function? It hasn't even been 12 hours since the episode aired.

Edited by neoexcaliber

Clearly a primer on what constitutes a "spoiler" is needed for some people.

I like the way the 31 looks with super parts. Oh dear god it's going to be like Frontier again where I have to buy multiples of every valk for every configuration. :o

Edited by Lolicon

Didn't realize the finer details of the markings and attachment points of super parts for a valk were considered plot spoilers.

Shouldn't the super parts reveal be categorized under spoilers? It's appearing for the first time on a new valk in a new series. Just like how the battroid transformation sequence for the SV-262 was supposed to be something different and it was kept under wraps for months.

I'll stop complaining about it if it's not a spoiler and it was purely my misunderstanding of the term. :unsure:

Edited by neoexcaliber

Though there's some room for interpretation, I would only consider it a spoiler if details of the plot/narrative are revealed.

From Wikipedia:

"A spoiler is an element of a disseminated summary or description of any piece of fiction that reveals any plot elements which threaten to give away important details concerning the turn of events of a dramatic episode. Typically, the details of the conclusion of the plot, including the climax and ending, are especially regarded as spoiler material. It can also be used to refer to any piece of information regarding any part of a given media that a potential consumer would not want to know beforehand. Because enjoyment of fiction depends a great deal upon the suspense of revealing plot details through standard narrative progression, the prior revelation of how things will turn out can "spoil" the enjoyment that some consumers of the narrative would otherwise have experienced. Spoilers can be found in message boards, articles, reviews, commercials, and movie trailers."

So pictures of the VF-31 with super parts on the flight deck wouldn't be spoiler, but pics of, say, the wreckage of Hayate's 31 floating in space would be. And no I haven't seen the episode yet; that's just a hypothetical. ;)

Let me explain what I meant by spoiler. This is a thread on the VF-31, in the Toys sub-forum. Wouldn't revealing new armaments be considered spoilers within that context?

I apologise for overreacting but I had a 'wtf' moment when I scrolled down to see photos of the new super parts, and no I don't watch episode previews just like how I don't watch movie trailers. I like to be surprised.

The super parts shouldn't be considered a spoiler. It was shown in the 1st episode although briefly and from a distance. :p j/k

Just waiting for the color matched armored sets now.

Edited by wmkjr

Technically they first (briefly) appeared at the very end of ep 5 in the preview for ep 6...

Technically, the Super Packs first appeared on Chuck's VF-31E shown from a distance in eps 0.89 & 1 :p

But yeah, the Sound Boosters where first seen on the preview at the end of ep 5

I watched the first three episodes and kind of lost interest. The super parts are gonna draw me back in cos it's always gonna be the toys!

Mirage's valk looks sweet with the supers on. If they are already that jam packed, wonder what the armoured look will be. As mentioned before, we are gonna be broke :p

I find it interesting that they went old school with the main Super Pack boosters and mounted them above the wing, which somewhat blocks rear visibility, rather than sticking with the Frontier style which are split above and below the wing, thus giving a bit better rear visibility.

Anyway, I suspect that the reason we haven't seen any new updated photos of the DX 31 toy for a while is Bandai, may be struggling with figuring out how to attach the Super Pack. Maybe Kawamori just sprung the design on them relatively recently.

Not completely sold on the Super Pack design yet, perhaps after I see it in action when I watch episode 6 later today. I'll probably buy one for the VF-31A and one or two for the hero mechs, but not for all of Delta.

I hate that they went with hip/intake covers again. We all know that these are gonna fall off on the toy version all the time if you even breath on them wrong.

Everytime I watch this show and looking at Delta 01, I appreciate it more and more. :wub: Looks like that's the only Valk I'm going to buy from this line. I wish the back pods varies from each Valk when they're using the Super/Speaker Pods. Though I'm reconsidering A01 unit with Super Parts just in case. ;)

Yup exactly as no3ljm said. Each of them have there own color matched parts. The shoulder sections, arm covers, upper thighs and crotch and I think the lower leg and the booster tips. Just like the Frontier's were color matched. Gotta go with NY again (cue gif).

Sorry. I don't have a NY GIF yet. :lol: Well, they're the go-to place for Bandai's web exclusives, right? Guess we have to make a GIF dedicated to them then. ;)

So they are like Super parts. That's 5 planes x 5 super. :huh: and I'm pretty sure they will have ARMOR parts later on too. another 5x . :unsure:

As if you're not expecting that coming from Macross (post Frontier) series, right? :rolleyes:

You don't want to see VF-31 pics or pics of its armaments? That's what this thread is for. :p

Remember kids, buy those web exclusive armor parts now or pay $300+ for them later! :D

Dont worry, they will release renewal versions hehe... :p:D:lol: *ahem* :unsure::huh:

If that happens even the wallet exploding GIF wont be suffiecient to express the state of the wallet... :p

Everytime I watch this show and looking at Delta 01, I appreciate it more and more. :wub: Looks like that's the only Valk I'm going to buy from this line. I wish the back pods varies from each Valk when they're using the Super/Speaker Pods. Though I'm reconsidering A01 unit with Super Parts just in case. ;)

Sorry. I don't have a NY GIF yet. :lol: Well, they're the go-to place for Bandai's web exclusives, right? Guess we have to make a GIF dedicated to them then. ;)

As if you're not expecting that coming from Macross (post Frontier) series, right? :rolleyes:

noel/wmkjr yea i see them color co-ordinated parts now. Initially thought it was just a grey fast pack and speakers.

Though i must say.......I am DISAPPOINTED AT THE 31A in this episode because of...

post-15116-0-87073400-1462765238_thumb.jpg

CHARGER FOR THE 31A?! GIMME A BREAK!

Edited by seti88