Guest davidwhangchoi

new page bump

Ok list is updated most popular valk on Macross World.

latest results:

• VF-31F Delta 02 w/ 18 votes
  • Second: VF-31S Delta 01 w/ 12 votes VF-31A w/ 15 votes

​​if anyone is not on the list and wishes to be added on just post your list and i'll update it later at night.

Macross World member's favorite VF-31 :wub:

VF-31S

Delta 01 -pilot* Arad Mölders

-associated waifu** Mikumo Guynemer

1. Seti88
  2. Scyla
  3. Andy NYK
  4. barurutor
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 02)
  6. no3ljm
  7. Shukenzero
  8. valhary
  9. Dio
  10. ULessa (tie w/ delta 02)
  11. Scream Man
  12. Nazareno2012

VF-31F

Delta 02 -pilot* Messer Ihlefeld

-associated waifu** Kaname Buccaneer

1. Raptor One
  2. Saburo (tie w/ delta 04)
  3. Graham
  4. chyll2
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 01)
  6. Sildani
  7. Kaneda's Bike
  8. charger69
  9. akteon
  10. NZEOD
  11. RocketGTR
  12. McFly!!
  13. M'Kyuun
  14. realdeal
  15. Garfinkel
  16. ULessa (tie w/ delta 01)
  17. Mr Bomber
  18. Alberich

VF-31E

Delta 03 -pilot* Chuck Mustang

-associated waifu Reina Prowler

1. Major Focker
  2. wmkjr (tie w/ delta 04)

VF-31C

Delta 04 -pilot* Mirage Fallyna Jenius :wub:

-associated waifu** Makina Nakajima

1. davidwhangchoi
  2. mod David
  3. Saburo (tie w/ delta 02)
  4. Bub
  5. wmkjr (tie w/ delta 03)
  6. anime52k8
  7. ManhattanProject972 (tie w/ delta 05)
  8. VF-9 Cirno (tie w/ VF-31A)
  9. sh9000
  10. hachi (tie w/ delta 05)
  11. aurance

VF-31J

Delta 05 -pilot* Hayate Immelmann

-associated waifu** Freyja Wion

1. abbadon
  2. Lorindor
  3. ManhattanProject972 (tie w/ delta 04)
  4. hachi (tie w/ delta 04)

VF-31A

1. GabrielV
  2. 1/1 LowViz Lurker
  3. sandman
  4. Ignacio Ocamica
  5. Moosey
  6. physioguy
  7. Spanner76
  8. raptormesh
  9. Kelsain
  10. VF-9 Cirno
  11. ErikElvis
  12. Mazinger
  13. vipergb34
  14. Nekko Basara
  15. mechaninac

will update weekly or bi-weekly. more frequent when we get closer to pre-order stage.

* may be subject to change :p

** speculated based on interactions

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Huh, thought I had already put my vote in. Regardless, I'm in for a 31A.

updated, i looked back and this is your most recent post.

I don't know why, but I'm not liking any of the 31 paint schemes. Probably the bright colors and stripes. Eager to see what the cannon fodder variants look like.

To me, the VF-31A takes the best aspects of the YF-30 and the FSW VF-31s, and combines them into one hell of a package that is greater than the sum of those that inspired its design... add the realistic low viz scheme and it's pure awesome. If there's any more room left in that bandwagon, count me in it.

updated: VF-31A has overtaken 2nd most popular w/ 15 votes :blink:

It's the realistic paint scheme. If it was brightly colored like the hero Valkyries, or even carried a similar scheme to the YF-30 I don't think it'd be as popular.

Low Viz is usually a crowd pleaser.

-b.

Not the scheme, the wings. The other -31's look too much like the -29, while the 31A is like a "perfected" -30.

Yeah, for me, that's it exactly. Relative to the -30, the -31A incorporates the vertical stabilizers into the design better, closes up the spine, and gives the canards more presence.

I love the low-viz scheme, don't get me wrong, but I'm fine with "air show" colors, too.

While I'm still very much in the -31A camp I think Mirage's -31C has overtaken Delta 02's -31F. Mostly because so far Messer has proven to be a miserable bastard 😝

Mirage went up sharply in my estimation after her reaction to Hayate following their training mission at the end of ep03

The VF-31 definitely has the nicest nose profile of the three. With the 30 they removed the nose droop completely giving it a more conventional look but brought it back with the 31.

Normally I don't particularly like the forward canopy frame (F-2 v F-16 for example) but I think it works well on the later Valkyrie designs especially on the 31.

If anything the 31 droop seems to be more severe than the 25 and it actually reminded me of the VF-2SS. The canopy also looks more modern and sleek, like the latest model of a supercar.

The nose is shorter though which doesn't make it look as extreme as the 25/27/29.

If you are interested in the nose profiles. Raised the contrast to make the lines a bit more visible.

9zpBs87.jpg

Wow, thank you. I'm amazed to see how much nose droop the -31 redesign of the -30 was able to incorporate, and I think it looks great. The Su-27-ish swan neck of the VF-25 and kin is one of my favorite things about them. I love the -30, but I'm adding this to my list of things the -31 seems to do even better.

On a related note, does anyone else feel the way I do that the position and shape of the canopy has the biggest effect on how friendly or aggressive a valk looks? For example, I feel like the more forward-set and bulged canopy on the VF-0 makes it look less dangerous than the VF-1, and the VF-19's short nose gives it a downright adorable appearance. The VF-25 and SV-51, by contrast, look like deadly hunters. Anyone else feel that way, and what do you make of the -31?

Wow, thank you. I'm amazed to see how much nose droop the -31 redesign of the -30 was able to incorporate, and I think it looks great. The Su-27-ish swan neck of the VF-25 and kin is one of my favorite things about them. I love the -30, but I'm adding this to my list of things the -31 seems to do even better.

On a related note, does anyone else feel the way I do that the position and shape of the canopy has the biggest effect on how friendly or aggressive a valk looks? For example, I feel like the more forward-set and bulged canopy on the VF-0 makes it look less dangerous than the VF-1, and the VF-19's short nose gives it a downright adorable appearance. The VF-25 and SV-51, by contrast, look like deadly hunters. Anyone else feel that way, and what do you make of the -31?

Not necessarily in those same terms, but I HATE bulbous canopies, like what's on the YF-30. I like the slim profile of canopy the 25 and 29 and what I hope it's that way on the 31 as well. From the pics posted it seems that way so I'm good.

But yeah, streamlined canopy = better in my book.

-b.

When I first watched Frontier, I was a little skeptical of the nose design on the -25.

It was very obviously channeling a Su-27 vibe and I wasn't sure how well the whole design stood up.

Having said that, it very quickly grew on me (I love the Flanker anyway so it wasn't a huge stretch)

The VF-30's nose is what kills the fighter mode of that Valk for me.

Much of the art and the anime (like the opening sequence of Frontier) plays on that drooping nose aspect

as if the Valk is flying with some alpha on - and I love that.

Although you don't get that sense from the -30, the -31's nose profile works this well and thus I must love it!

Bring on the Dx's!!

looking at that picture again it would appear that the 31 as a whole is on a more nose down angle compared to the others which might be exaggerating the nose droop appearance?? would you agree?

Yeah it does, but I like how the lines are not broken by the canopy. Definitely makes it shine and feels different.

I actually like bigger, and more bulbous canopies as well as shorter noses. I don't think it makes them less aggressive however, but smaller canopies/long nose combo to me just doesn't look aesthetically pleasing.
My favorite so far is still the 21/22 in terms of balance. Looks pretty aggressive to me.
Edited by raptormesh

Same deal with VF-31 as with the -30: no visible forward thrust mechanism in Gerwalk mode, nor any obvious maneuvering verniers, that every preceding Valkyrie had. Are these ignored details on animation model/toys, or is there some new in-universe tech?

30 only flew in atmosphere while 31 have never set foot in Space except for VF-31E which was equipped with a Fast Pack at that time. As for the explanation, it has not been shared or showned how it will do in Space without any verniers if without the Pack.

Edited by chyll2