I agree with you that the there is no landing gear door on the underside of the VF-31. However you can see panel lines that look like the landing gear doors on the YF-30.

Bandai-DX-YF-30-5.jpg

My theory is that this is an early prototype where they just sculpted in all the panel lines but without any function. So on the finished product there would be a bay door. You can also look on the hinge for the wing. That looks nothing like a functioning joint would look like. Maybe they just forgot to model the panel lines for the rear landing gear doors or they are so faint that they don't show up in the imagery. The other image was just to provide more evidence that this might be a early prototype that is used as a paint master for example.

i hope that's right, because as it is i dont think it has LG. And i think that would be a shame to leave out.

Looking at some other pics i personally think the backs of the legs will open like they did in Ep1 for the boomerangs. there is just a section that looks like a seperate piece to me. Depending on how deep that goes, maybe thats why there's no gear?

Just watched the episode, and I think I may wind up disliking this series even more than I disliked Frontier. I'm super jealous that you all are excited about these toys, cause that just killed my lust for them. As the Alto clone exclaimed when the sailor moon magical singer flew up and cured the zombie with deculture, "seriously?"

Just watched the episode, and I think I may wind up disliking this series even more than I disliked Frontier. I'm super jealous that you all are excited about these toys, cause that just killed my lust for them. As the Alto clone exclaimed when the sailor moon magical singer flew up and cured the zombie with deculture, "seriously?"

Me too. I mean no offense to everyone who says they liked it. I know it's still Macross. But this time, I'm really not into it. I guess, I'm just getting too old to appreciate today's Japanese trend of putting too much IdolMaster/AKB48/SailorMoon out there. :unsure: I just missed what Macross Plus gave us. Cool valks and great and grounded story. But just so you know, I do like the Valks featured in this series. Though I might pass on this for now since there's no red, black, and white/tan scheme to choose (though I like Delta02) and I don't want to deviate away from the colors of my Valk collections. Well, in exception ofcourse for VF-0D and YF-21. But still, you'll never know... :lol:

So is there a full first episode available?! Or do you guys just mean the trailer?

Neither really. The preview special that aired on new years eve is available online through various sources. It's labelled Mission 0.89 and according to Kawamori it covers about 350 of 420* storyboards from the first episode.

*can't remember exact numbers and too lazy to check

Guest davidwhangchoi

new page move

seems that's the most popular competing with delta 01 list updated.

so far favorite VF-31 :wub:

• added waifus
  • delta 02 is in the lead for favorite valks
  • delta 01 fell behind

Delta 01 -pilot* Arad Mölders

-associated waifu*** Mikumo Guynemer

1. Seti88
  2. Scyla
  3. Andy NYK
  4. barurutor
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 02)
  6. no3ljm
  7. Ignacio Ocamica
  8. Shukenzero
  9. Spanner76
  10. valhary
  11. sandman
  12. Dio

Delta 02 -pilot* Messer Ihlefeld

-associated waifu*** Kaname Buccaneer

1. Raptor One
  2. Saburo (tie w/ delta 04)
  3. Graham
  4. chyll2
  5. derex3592 (tie w/ delta 01)
  6. Sildani
  7. Kaneda's Bike
  8. charger69
  9. Moosey
  10. raptormesh
  11. akteon
  12. NZEOD
  13. RocketGTR
  14. GabrielV

Delta 03 -pilot* Chuck Mustang

-associated waifu Reina Prowler

1. Major Focker

Delta 04 -pilot* Mirage Fallyna Jenius :wub:

-associated waifu*** Makina Nakajima

1. davidwhangchoi
  2. mod David
  3. Saburo (tie w/ delta 02)
  4. Bub

Delta 05 -pilot** Hayate Immelmann

-associated waifu*** Freyja Wion

1. abbadon

will update once @ 12am daily and bump when we hit a new page

* may be subject to change :p

**not seen yet in anime

*** speculated based on interactions

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Guest davidwhangchoi

Hey David, maybe we can update the list of the Delta Valks along with their designated Walkure character. ;)

i really don't know who's assigned to delta 05,

can you make a projected list and i'll paste it on?

This is based on who's who on the preview episode. We've seen Mikumo rode Delta 1. Kaname is saved by Delta 2. Makina request the power charge and Delta 4 replied. So it's safe to assume Delta 3 is Reina and Freyja ofcourse for Delta 5.

Delta 1 is Mikumo Guynemer

Delta 2 is Kaname Buccaneer

Delta 3 is Reina Prowler

Delta 4 is Makina Nakajima

Delta 5 is Freyja Wion

Edited by no3ljm

While I realize that Macross and singing go hand in hand, I'd rather it be done in the original Macross or M+ way, with a practical reason for the singer doing their thing. When the singing takes on a mystical role and the singers are front and center, it loses its appeal. I didn't mind it in Frontier, although most of the songs didn't grab me. M+ still has the best soundtrack, IMHO. Yoko Kanno is amazing.

That said, I'm hoping this will get streamed with subs somewhere like Frontier so I at least have an opportunity to give it a fair shake before turning my nose up at it altogether. I figure, if nothing else, the battle scenes with the new valks should be interesting.

I agree with you that the there is no landing gear door on the underside of the VF-31. However you can see panel lines that look like the landing gear doors on the YF-30.

My theory is that this is an early prototype where they just sculpted in all the panel lines but without any function. So on the finished product there would be a bay door. You can also look on the hinge for the wing. That looks nothing like a functioning joint would look like. Maybe they just forgot to model the panel lines for the rear landing gear doors or they are so faint that they don't show up in the imagery. The other image was just to provide more evidence that this might be a early prototype that is used as a paint master for example.

Even though most if not all Valkyrie look better in a flying pose than sitting on their landing gear but it certainly would be a silly and a shame if they decided to leave the landing out. In the real world there will always be a situation where they would need to land or park some place and they would be able to do that without the gear. Im hoping its just the prototype we saw that has limited or nill function and the final version will have gear. The only reason I can think of why they would do that is to cut costs for design and manufacturing of the toy itself, regardless if there never is a scene in the anime series where the landing gear was deployed. Personally I will be hugely disappointed if they don't have landing gear. Time will tell I guess.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I'm going for Delta 2 or Delta 4.

I think I like Delta 2 more, but doesn't it have a weird head? Plus, I don't like that symbol on the back.

If Delta 4 is Red and symbolless, that would edge it past. But in the show it looks more purple.

added to list

This is based on who's who on the preview episode. We've seen Mikumo rode Delta 1. Kaname is saved by Delta 2. Makina request the power charge and Delta 4 replied. So it's safe to assume Delta 3 is Reina and Freyja ofcourse for Delta 5.

updated list w/ waifus :)

Edited by davidwhangchoi

Delta 1 is Mikumo Guynemer

Delta 2 is Kaname Buccaneer

Delta 3 is Reina Prowler

Delta 4 is Makina Nakajima

Delta 5 is Freyja Wion

Was this stated somewhere. I thought Kaname is with Delta 1 because she is the leader of the Walkure idols so it would be fitting if she is paired with Delta 1. I also think the costume of Mikumo fits much better with Delta 2s paint-job.

While I realize that Macross and singing go hand in hand, I'd rather it be done in the original Macross or M+ way, with a practical reason for the singer doing their thing. When the singing takes on a mystical role and the singers are front and center, it loses its appeal.

The singing is pretty similar to Macross Plus' though so it's not really that mystical. The Var Syndrome is just someone making people aggressive through singing like how Sharon brainwashed people with singing. It's not that different.

Even though most if not all Valkyrie look better in a flying pose than sitting on their landing gear but it certainly would be a silly and a shame if they decided to leave the landing out. In the real world there will always be a situation where they would need to land or park some place and they would be able to do that without the gear. Im hoping its just the prototype we saw that has limited or nill function and the final version will have gear. The only reason I can think of why they would do that is to cut costs for design and manufacturing of the toy itself, regardless if there never is a scene in the anime series where the landing gear was deployed. Personally I will be hugely disappointed if they don't have landing gear. Time will tell I guess.

There maybe a chance on feb 7 during the winter wonderfest to see if there will an updated 31 prototype!

http://tamashii.jp/special/macross/

Watch this space then! ^_^

The singing is pretty similar to Macross Plus' though so it's not really that mystical. The Var Syndrome is just someone making people aggressive through singing like how Sharon brainwashed people with singing. It's not that different.

I think his problem is less about the singing, which took place at a concert in +, versus a group of ladies singing and dancing in the middle of a firefight looking dolled up and flying around the battlefield waving magic-looking shields everywhere.

Guest davidwhangchoi

Was this stated somewhere. I thought Kaname is with Delta 1 because she is the leader of the Walkure idols so it would be fitting if she is paired with Delta 1. I also think the costume of Mikumo fits much better with Delta 2s paint-job.

just let me know if it's confirmed and i'll update the post

Edited by davidwhangchoi

I think his problem is less about the singing, which took place at a concert in +, versus a group of ladies singing and dancing in the middle of a firefight looking dolled up and flying around the battlefield waving magic-looking shields everywhere.

+ 100000....that look so weird. ..almost out of place in Macross.

+ 100000....that look so weird. ..almost out of place in Macross.

Well, to be fair, Sharon Apple wasn't just limited to concert halls, and her hypnotism wasn't just based around singing (or at least that's what I gathered from watching it; official explanations probably have a better explanation). Light, sound, and even a rudimentary sense of touch(?). She did almost exactly the same things the human characters of Frontier/Delta are doing. She just didn't have to worry about being a physical body.

It could just be a case of technology so advanced as to be magic.

Sorry for the confusion since I just based it on the preview episode. But we've already seen Reina jumped off Delta 3. So we have 4 more Deltas and Waifus to clarify. ;)

Though all the while I thought the Walkure leader is Mikumo - "It's Showtime!" And also I thought they're all color coded for each other. Looks like it's not since Freyja is wearing red and yellow and Delta 5 is cyan with hint of reds.

Thx for the pics!

I thk i spy panel line markings above the 05 marking on the legs now that might be a future landing gear chamber...

From these closer pics, yeah i think its more prototype than finished... -_-

just based on the jagged edges on the head unit parts and some rough edges on the fins..

Edited by seti88

the panel lines directly below the cockpit fuselage section definitely look too much like landing bay doors to be anything else that's for sure but those panel linings on the side of the legs on and around the "05" marking might just be an access door detailing as I couldn't imagine the rear landing gear deploying sideways out of the legs like that.. it would be too complicated and take up too much room internally and besides on the inner side of the other leg there is what would appear to be an identical marking so I think we can safely assume the landing gear will deploy from the more conventional process in a location similar to other Valk's in this family, like the 30 for example.

Edited by spanner76

The conventional location would be the front of the legs in the shin area. In the 30, you can see the shin area having some width to accomodate hinges and such.

That area on the 31 is now reduced to a thin strip from the knee to the ankles.

Its a much thinner area than usual, due to the shin having an edged top not a flat surface.

Not too confident there would be space for landing gears there, thats why was looking at perhaps an alternative, from the side location.

more like F-16 config where the gears are angled outwards..