Russian Knights aerobatic team! gorgeous looking jets! Kinda distantly similar colors to the Macross Angel Birds Valkyrie display team too!

russian-knight1.jpghsg65798_0.jpg

I certainly hope so!

post-14942-0-03617500-1446285745_thumb.jpg

post-14942-0-14946100-1446285942_thumb.jpg

Edited by antibiotictab

I'm guessing that slab-like part on the side of the forearm may well be the ammo magazine for the arm gun. Certainly seems thick enough.

it could very well be yes! Kinda makes sense as where else would they be storing the projectile ammunition?

If it's like the YF-30 then it's the shields.

Could also double as a shield too? I guess that's fairly reasonable to say..

I just gotta say it again. I'm sick and tired of the yf-24 style transformation we've had these last 8 years.

It's like Kawamori got lazy with the wings and just said fuggit, just have them fold back and stick out in order to annoy peeps :p

The 30's transformation was quite a bit different from the previous lot of Valks and it appears that the 31 is closely based on the 30 so I'd say the transformation will be unlike the 24, 25, 27 & 29 era fighters..

After well over 30+ years of designing Valks im sure there will be a point where the man himself would hit a dry or rough patch.. but then look at the Sv-262 and that looks like something completely different entirely! Can't wait to see its other two modes!

I just gotta say it again. I'm sick and tired of the yf-24 style transformation we've had these last 8 years.

It's like Kawamori got lazy with the wings and just said fuggit, just have them fold back and stick out in order to annoy peeps :p

It transforms like the YF-30 which isn't anything like the 25/27/29 family. And I think the wings hanging off the back are fine. They make sense anyway since it's called a "valkyrie".

I wonder if the missile pod is smaller in the 31 than the 30, and if the armature holding it attaches to a different spot. If so, that could explain how it vanishes in Battroid.

I wonder if the missile pod is smaller in the 31 than the 30, and if the armature holding it attaches to a different spot. If so, that could explain how it vanishes in Battroid.

hehe! if this thing turns out to have a partial "partsformer" element to it then a lot of purists are gonna be PISSED!! :rolleyes::D:p

I really like the head. It's very VF-25G inspired. And that's my favourite Valk of the Frontier era. Nicely done.

And I always thought the 25G's head looked a lot like the helmets for the SV-51 pilots from zero. Nice circle there with Zero with helmets that inspired a head design in Frontier, that now seems to have inspired another, with new SV valks.

That or it's all coincidental.

I think I really need to see this fighter in another paint scheme before I make up my mind. I think I like the basic shape and contours, but those colors are just ugly (I was never an Angel Birds fan). And at the risk of over-speculating, I also wonder what the colors might bode for the overall tone of the show. Just remember what happened the last time we got a main hero valk painted up in garish colors.

The entire squadron has garish colors so i wouldn't keep your hopes up. I think the 31 would look great with a skull squad or other classic tomcat inspired scheme.

There's one in black, white and grey with a winged reaper itasha that I'll pick up. That's going to be as close as we'll get. Bet the 25 will be the CF in this series, if there's a CF at all.

As for ammo for the forearm guns: what if they're mass drivers? Then the ammo would just be solid shot, with no propellant to worry about, and a lot of it could be efficiently stored.

Edited by Sildani

I've been playing with my 30 trying to see what is similar and what is different. Here are some fresh gerwalk pics. I do like the waist joint for gerwalk in the 30, but it does cause some stability issues.

NGRm9GOh.jpg

2eJk5XZh.jpg

1xGpTSth.jpg

7Ac8e1Ch.jpg

ZQTR2Xqh.jpg

Edited by ChaoticYeti

Quick battroid comparison pics:

excellent comparo shots Yeti! You can easily see many of the key features are there from the 30 and some new elements such as the nose in particular which doesn't fold away behind the body but below the chest area instead which I rather like!

I also prefer the larger forward canards and smaller shoulder pads over the 30 design. Just looks more right if you know what I mean.. Also looks to be a cover piece in front of the crotch area perhaps?. I never particularly cared for that area on the 30.

And it looks like they have reverted back to the more traditional gerwalk mode without the double jointed hip as with the 30.. again something I never really cared for and don't display my 30 with.

Clearly the 31 is a evolutionary design of the 30 with some solid attempts at improvements. Im very much looking forward to getting my hands on these babies! I am going to buy so many of these things!! hehe!

Edited by spanner76

You can really see that the 31 is a slightly more beefy that. The 30

Great comparison Yeti

Except for those arms which are much thinner than the 30's. That's the only part that really bothers me.

The forearms remind me of the little wooden chewsticks given to hamsters and gerbils. Everything else is relatively decent in proportions, but then has little stick figure arms and looks absolutely silly.

I still think the grey rectangular shape at the bottom of the weapon pod may be a gunpod.

You may be absolutely right there. It seems to be about the right length and proportions as the gunpod in the screen capture. I wonder if that is a different container pod though.

It doesn't look like it splits apart. In the case that it were attached that way to a container that did split, the gunpod would probably need to be ejected first.

I hope Bandai makes the different swappable weapon containers the YF-30/VF-31 are supposed to be able to accommodate.

From MW FB page...tenjin-san's signature and close up of one of the insignia,...Skull with batwings..

attachicon.gif12191911_520065044834622_2929199395614573368_n.jpg

That is fairly Ozma-ish. I doubt it is a coincidence. This is only a few years after Frontier, correct?

You know I used to have a theory about the Walkyrie girls being idol singers during the day, and valk pilots during the night to protect Planet Delta from the forces of evil. You know, kind of like Sailor Moon.

Thanks for the correction guys. :)

Edited by Reaction Warhead