Looks like they are hosting the event in a pretty bad neighborhood.

Just look at all the graffiti on that Macross Delta poster.

You do know that's the creator's signatures, right?

Story has never been a strong point in Macross as far I'm concerned (even Plus had a messed up story imo) but I'm still going to buy up any and all valkyries that I like the looks of. :)

Looks like more Bandai preorder madness for a lot of us in the near future...

Since when did we buy Valks because of the stories? :D Edited by no3ljm

Yeah. It reminds me of YF-30 Shoulders. It has the 25 torso sequence and the 30 shoulder/arm sequence. Curious on what kind of pod it carries since it doesn't look like a traditional 25 shield.

I think the shoulders on the 30 are one piece whereas the 31 is slightly different. From the screenshots of the 31 it looks as if the front canards form the front shoulders "without" a corresponding back piece. Think of it like a front armour for the shoulder.

Edited by seti88

It seems like the VF-31 squadron has at least two different head turrets. The Valkyrie with the black trim and the one with the green trim have both two head lasers from what I could gather. I've got the impression that the head turret of the green one looks a bit like the VF-25F while the black one has a more VF-25S look going. Hopefully all the VF-31 squadron machines sport a different head design (loved that part about Frontier)

I don't like the difference in the chest design between the VF-31 and YF-30. It looks to much like Frontier. Hopefully they kept the position of the cockpit from the YF-30 and not the placement of the YF-24 derivate.

I'm looking forward for different armaments, add-on sets and weapon pod variants for the new Valkyries. Hopefully the Drakens are more of a Diamond/Emerald Force squadron because I don't want 6 Valkyries in my collection that look exactly the same. Two Drakens variants to cover all the variants are enough for me. ^_^

I think the shoulders on the 30 are one piece whereas the 31 is slightly different. From the screenshots of the 31 it looks as if the front canards form the front shoulders "without" a corresponding back piece. Think of it like a front armour for the shoulder.

Check again the image Swoosh posted. On the 31's left shoulder you can see there's a corresponding back piece on the top. It's kinda deceiving at first esp on the right shoulder since it has an 'exposed' circle looking shoulder. That's why it has that illusion that the canards are somehow covering it like an armor. ;) But then again, it's still early to really say how it transform. :)

142623pn2z2z2lln1biyf2.jpg

From Toysdaily

Check again the image Swoosh posted. On the 31's left shoulder you can see there's a corresponding back piece on the top. It's kinda deceiving at first esp on the right shoulder since it has an 'exposed' circle looking shoulder. That's why it has that illusion that the canards are somehow covering it like an armor. ;) But then again, it's still early to really say how it transform. :)

i thk the back piece on the top left shoulder would be the extension of the back/folded tailfins jutting out from the angle of the pic.

Plus from the gerwalk it certainly looks as if the canards are pointed directly downwards to form a shield for the shoulder.

more pics from more angles would help...who is at the expo that can take some close up's?

I got into Macross Frontier because of Sheryl's hope and dream.

Lol true

I just hope Bandai gets it right the first time this time. I don't want to wait around till the Delta movie for a renewal version!

Why would they get it right the first time? Bandai wants to sucker you into buying more valks with a improved version. I'd brace my wallet for a potential version 2 if i were you.

Thanks for the post orindlt! It looks very nice close up B))

The battroid head unit looks mean..and valk has what looks to be a matt finish like the 30!

The shields on the forearms seem to be part of the center delta wing piece! i thk i meant to say underside.

Shoulder transformation seems to be a rotated and folded backcanard system!

awesome :)

plus do the wings in battroid mode seem to be curvy for some reason and it seems that the 30 brace parts are being used in battroid...

Edited by seti88

It seems like Kawamori kept the cockpit transformation from the YF-30 but changed a bit. I wonder if the crotch armor is just plugged on top of the YF-30 waist joint. I'd love to see more pictures from the back of the Valkyrie.

Ugly stand is still ugly. ^_^

[edit:] Seems like they done away with the missile hard points on the forearms. :(

Edited by Scyla

NICE!

certainly looks like curved back wings from the outline of the foot thruster intakes!

Plus the front shoulder outline is different from the back shoulder altho they are attached as one single unit!

Edited by seti88

orindlt is doing god's work here.

A lot of great pictures there.

But that back shot of the VF-31 in its battroid mode kinda bothers me.

And is the Pink/yellow haired girl the main female lead in Delta?

Edited by Reaction Warhead

I think you mean are there any 'men'.

We need a manly Isamu or Ozma type main character.

With today's anime industry, manly characters doesn't sell. Delta is going full speed with the moe designs, and hell..frontier has high school setting. It is what it is though.

Hmm, the toy is missing the wing hardpoints from the anime :(

eh yeah..the hardpoint wings will come with the Version 2 of the VF-31... :lol:

With today's anime industry, manly characters doesn't sell. Delta is going full speed with the moe designs, and hell..frontier has high school setting. It is what it is though.

eh yeah..the hardpoint wings will come with the Version 2 of the VF-31... :lol:

I will prob sit the first few releases out just to gather the reviews and such....famous last words tho...

Hmm, I'm betting that grey rectangular thing on the underside of the weapons pod is a beam gun.

i suspect that is the extension holding the back end turrent system (similar to the 30) that would rotate facing forward in battroid.

It does seem that they didnt extend it out in battroid for some reason,...

Functionality wise i would expect anything else from it...

Edited by seti88