More ebay horrors: sellers, who have sellers remorse

Hello all,

as i mentioned before, i have been away and wanted to start up my macross collecting again. have had two great transactions on eBay. but then i run into this ass clown. he goes by Phoenixvault.

Please steer clear of this guy!

I have100% feedback as both seller and buyer!!! my record speaks for itself for 7 straight years on eBay. always pay immideately or within 5 business days , reasonable.

within the past week I bought a Vf-30 and Vf-19 advance somewhat pricey but hey that is our obsession and it is expensive. within that time i had a hack in my Paypal account when money , a lot of money was withdrawn and it took paypal 10 business days to refund ( standard practice) both the sellers of the aforementioned transactions were cool understood and received their payments within seven days as promised. great and understanding sellers.

i should have known it was too good to be true when i won the Vf-25S for a total of 127.50 plus shipping from Canada. item was purchased on 08/04. i sent an email explaining the situation , no response from seller, then get another email on 8/10 asking if i still wanted the item. i responded definitely yes i would be paying for the item on 8/11. as i was refunded the last money remaining from paypal.

Next i get an email from the seller saying he is canceling the item. the next email i get is from eBay saying the item is cancelled!!!! I was always a little uneasy at that price point! i suspect since i didn't pay immediately as i usually do. he was looking for an excuse to not go through with the transaction at that price point! totally shady! the reason i say is that . i purchased my YF-30 for $250+ and the VF-19 advanced for $280 plus, no problems from the sellers when i explained they said they understood and communicated with me no worries. this ass clown only responded to tell me the transaction was cancelled and then proceeded to insult me insinuating that i was a deadbeat who could not pay for the items i bought!!!!! the freakin nerve!!!!

honestly, it would not be a big deal if he said look i don't want to sell anymore at that price point , no worries cool! but to disrupt a transaction and then proceed to insult somebody. WTF! and for full disclousre here is my eBay user: you can see my record it speaks for itself just so you see I'm not full of it. Mcalifornia123...

again steer clear of Phoenixvault.

Thanks for reading i know it was long!

ebay definitely isn't what it used to be that's for sure.. well to be perfectly honest it hasn't been much good for a considerable amount of time now and its only getting worse.

And its now so common to hear horror stories from a lot of people.

In total across multiple accounts both as a seller and buyer I have made upwards of 10,000 transactions and I can say a good 25% of them (mostly as a seller) has been a painful experience.

Sorry to hear of your troubles..

That sucks and Ebay is definitely not the fun place it used to be. Corporate Ebay has taken a lot of abilities away from sellers. They place 100% of blame for any problems on sellers and give shady buyers a free ride to screw over as many sellers as possible with no repurcussions.

But I digress...

Your transaction does sound unfortunate, but If the seller listed as payment required within a certain time frame and you couldn't meet that timeframe then, he does have the right to cancel the transaction. Now, I'm not saying that is right. He probably did look at it as a way to get out of selling it for cheap. It certainly would have been courteous for him to wait until you could send payment since you did contact him. That probably is a seller you want to avoid in the future and I thank you for bringing him to our attention here on the boards. However, I always recommend that buyers try to understand the position sellers may be in. He may have needed that money within a certain time frame. He may have been taking a loss on the item at that sale price and saw a way to save some money for his business. He may have been scared off that you were a scam artist trying to mess with him and so he got spooked and cancelled. There are very few avenues for a seller to avoid a shady buyer and the delay may just have scared him off.

Anyway, there is really no harm done that I can see. You haven't lost any money on this ordeal. It's just a bummer that you didn't get the good deal you wanted and you wasted a bit of time. I say chalk it up to fate and move on. Hopefully you will find another great deal soon.

Good luck!

Thanks Spanner 76, sorry to hear that, that is an astounding statistic. unfortunately, I am looking to buy a 11B and a 0D. and I only see them available on ebay, and of course for an outrageous amounts. :wacko:

Thanks Jardann,

yes, you make an excellent point about the time frame, and I did try to put myself in his shoes. that is of course until the insults start. completely unnecessary. I have sold things on ebay as well, and on occasion seller have told me if I could please cancel they sale do to financial hardships, and its no big deal. however that was not the case this time and why the insults? but you do make an excellent point about moving on.

I must admit I was venting a little. but also, the forums have always been good to me in terms of great people and solid sales and trades. so I just wanted to contribute to my fellow macworlder's. and hopefully avoid any pan in the assness.

thank for the feedback guys !

still, feels great to be back and can't wait for the 19 and the 30 to come in!!!!

The way his messages comes across makes it appear as if he never read / saw any of your messages. At least you were nice enough to leave him neutral feedback rather than a negative.

He has not relisted the item yet so it may not be a money issue, he may have sold it to the next highest bidder through a second chance offer.

The way his messages comes across makes it appear as if he never read / saw any of your messages. At least you were nice enough to leave him neutral feedback rather than a negative.

He has not relisted the item yet so it may not be a money issue, he may have sold it to the next highest bidder through a second chance offer.

Thanks MJ,

I figured since he didn't out right screw me in terms of taking my money and running, I wanted to be fair about the rating. I understand that some sellers make there living exclusively on EBay, and I don't want to mess with somebody's livelihood. still, there is something to be said about decency and a little costumer service.

Hi,

To be honest if i were the seller and my buyer said "my Paypal has just been hacked" i would worry about my details. I have no idea what level of data they can get, but i would worry all the same. I might have cancelled it too. It's one thing someone cancelling a transaction out of the blue, it's another being given such news, which is definitely not something you hear every day. He might have lost confidence about everything going smoothly. Just trying to help you see both sides.

Hi,

To be honest if i were the seller and my buyer said "my Paypal has just been hacked" i would worry about my details. I have no idea what level of data they can get, but i would worry all the same. I might have cancelled it too. It's one thing someone cancelling a transaction out of the blue, it's another being given such news, which is definitely not something you hear every day. He might have lost confidence about everything going smoothly. Just trying to help you see both sides.

yes you have a point Dimis, and a good one at that. however, if that is the case why not just communicate the concerns? I would have understood. that is why I communicated the situation to him. why the insults. be I don't want to belabor the issue. it happened just a bad situation and I wanted you guys to know about is as we are always on the look out for cheap valks.