Jump to content

Recommended Posts

http://marvel.com/news/movies/25244/marvel_studios_phase_3_update?linkId=17794778

Now that Phase 2 of the Marvel Cinematic Universe has officially reached its conclusion with the release of Marvels Ant-Man, we have new details on what to expect in Phase 3!

Following our heros debut adventure in this summers Ant-Man, Scott Lang will return alongside Hope Van Dyne on July 6, 2018 with Marvels Ant-Man and the Wasp. The sequel will mark the first Marvel Studios film named after its heroine.

More on Marvel.com: http://marvel.com/news/movies/25244/marvel_studios_phase_3_update#ixzz3nzrEVqP6...

Just leavin' this here.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...

I always hated ant man as a kid, but I really enjoyed the movie. It was a real fun time at the movies and I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Somehow marvel can take characters I hate or know next to nothing about and give them an entertaining movie.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I always hated ant man as a kid, but I really enjoyed the movie. It was a real fun time at the movies and I'm looking forward to the sequel.

Somehow marvel can take characters I hate or know next to nothing about and give them an entertaining movie.

To be honest Ant-Man has been several people in the comics. Hank Pym Ant-Man I've hated. Both Scott Lang and Eric O'Grady are actually pretty entertaining in the comics, however.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

I enjoyed Ant Man very much

looking forward to this one!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

This comes out the day after my birthday- Thanks, Hollywood! 

To be fair, in the first film, Corey Stoll wasn't really given much to do or to work with as far as outright over-the-top villainy is concerned. He plays a good @sshole, though.:lol:  Otherwise, it was much better than I thought it'd be. Good casting makes a big difference. Hope the second is good, too.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...

Im marveled out. Year after year its comic book movies that litter the theaters. Im sure this movie will be good but its more of the same.

Just a tangent a bit. The new Avengers movie hero mash. Its going to be the same ol trope. Super bad guy comes. This time unlike all the times this is THE super BAD GUY. But the end of the 2 hour slug fest and attack on your visual senses, and intelligence,  "THE" super bad villain would be defeated. I thought Ultron which in the comic universe almost take over the planet ended up being a big NOTHING BURGER. Im sure the big purple guy will also be another big nothing burger. I feel there is no dread. No impending doom. At least in Destiny yeah yeah it has its major problems the Human race is on the verge of extinction. Just a million people left. There is a urgency to defeat all the enemies that consistently attack and on a razors edge of complete loss. Destiny doesnt win. There are no winners. Its just a fight to survive. I liked that about Xmen Days of future past. Humanity has been enslaved. That is the future.

Same goes for ESB.

Same goes for the Halo Wars story arch.

And the new Anime Godzilla series. Humanity has been obliterated. And just when you think they defeated Godzilla (Fillius) the true monster Godzilla appears the size of a small mountain. Their forces nearly wiped out. I was on the edge of my seat thinking oh crap how are they going to defeat that with limited resources and even more so limited people.

Anyway that is just the way I feel about all these tap on full marvel movies. It blocks entry to anything net new in terms of hero flicks

Edited by slaginpit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/30/2018 at 10:33 PM, seti88 said:

Makes you wonder who does the clean-up of oversized hello kitty dispensers and other gigantic stuff lying around....

For sure, it's the San Francisco City Workers who are being paid by the taxpayers. <_<

 

Wait... that's us! They really need to implement the Sokovia Accords around here too. :lol: 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/1/2018 at 9:52 AM, slaginpit said:

Im marveled out. Year after year its comic book movies that litter the theaters. Im sure this movie will be good but its more of the same.

Just a tangent a bit. The new Avengers movie hero mash. Its going to be the same ol trope. Super bad guy comes. This time unlike all the times this is THE super BAD GUY. But the end of the 2 hour slug fest and attack on your visual senses, and intelligence,  "THE" super bad villain would be defeated. I thought Ultron which in the comic universe almost take over the planet ended up being a big NOTHING BURGER. Im sure the big purple guy will also be another big nothing burger. I feel there is no dread. No impending doom. At least in Destiny yeah yeah it has its major problems the Human race is on the verge of extinction. Just a million people left. There is a urgency to defeat all the enemies that consistently attack and on a razors edge of complete loss. Destiny doesnt win. There are no winners. Its just a fight to survive. I liked that about Xmen Days of future past. Humanity has been enslaved. That is the future.

Same goes for ESB.

Same goes for the Halo Wars story arch.

And the new Anime Godzilla series. Humanity has been obliterated. And just when you think they defeated Godzilla (Fillius) the true monster Godzilla appears the size of a small mountain. Their forces wiped out. I was on the edge of my seat thinking oh crap how are they going to defeat that with limited resources and even more so limited people.

Anyway that is just the way I feel about all these tap on full marvel movies. It blocks entry to anything net new in terms of hero flicks

Pretty sure some people thought the same way about Westerns back in the day.....now they are released as genre films every few years.......someday in the far future, maybe superhero movies will also become novelty releases......oh wait...Disney owns Marvel......scratch that!  :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2018 at 1:26 PM, no3Ljm said:

For sure, it's the San Francisco City Workers who are being paid by the taxpayers. <_<

 

Wait... that's us! They really need to implement the Sokovia Accords around here too. :lol: 

Having been to San Francisco, it won't be the city workers, but the zombie horde level of homeless people there that will strip that stuff down for what ever they can get at the recycling center. :p

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/1/2018 at 9:52 AM, slaginpit said:

Im marveled out. Year after year its comic book movies that litter the theaters

7 hours ago, jvmacross said:

Pretty sure some people thought the same way about Westerns back in the day.....now they are released as genre films every few years.......someday in the far future, maybe superhero movies will also become novelty releases......oh wait...Disney owns Marvel......scratch that!  :rolleyes:

I don't know if it's fair to call what the MCU is "merely" "comic book movies."

X-Men is a comic book movie. Blade is a comic book movie. League of Extraordinary Gentleman is a comic book movie. Logan, for as good as it is, is a comic book movie. And Justice League, for as bad as it is, is a comic book movie. What the MCU has become - and I said this in the Infinity War thread - is more akin to the best mythical epics. And I mean epic in the traditional sense, not the "really really good" hyperbolic sense. I mean, yes, they're comic book movies, but calling them that as if that's all they are is grossly undervaluing them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I skipped the first movie because back then I was like, who's Ant-Man?? There's a super-hero called Ant-Man??? Seriously? But now of course I know what he's all about so I'm sure to watch this in the theatre when it comes out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, renegadeleader1 said:

Having been to San Francisco, it won't be the city workers, but the zombie horde level of homeless people there that will strip that stuff down for what ever they can get at the recycling center. :p

Now I know why our recycle bin are open and messed up during at night. :p

6 hours ago, hachi said:

I skipped the first movie because back then I was like, who's Ant-Man?? There's a super-hero called Ant-Man??? Seriously? But now of course I know what he's all about so I'm sure to watch this in the theatre when it comes out.

By now, I bet you still haven't seen the first movie, right? :rolleyes:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...