Neat. I wonder if there will be any video or audio improvements when compared to the 25th anniversary release?

Am I the only one who really only likes the first one, and can't watch the rest?

No, the first is the best, but I do give the third movie some leeway since it has a time traveling steam engine.

The second is best forgotten.

Edited by technoblue

Am I the only one who really only likes the first one, and can't watch the rest?

Agreed 100%. The other two movies were just silly...

Neat. I wonder if there will be any video or audio improvements when compared to the 25th anniversary release?

Looks like they cleaned up some of the special effects, based on the trailer clips. Or maybe I just don't remember the fidelity of the original films since I haven't seen them in years.

I will probably go search this one out, as it's definitely worth a buy! (All three movies, even!)

Looks like they cleaned up some of the special effects, based on the trailer clips. Or maybe I just don't remember the fidelity of the original films since I haven't seen them in years.

I will probably go search this one out, as it's definitely worth a buy! (All three movies, even!)

The police cars seem to be CGI enhanced (when coming in for a "landing" at least). I could be imagining things.

Woah, woah, what's with the Part II hate? I mean yeah, it doesn't stack up to Part I, but Back to the Future was an Oscar-winner. I mean, a really good movie. It's hard to compare. Part II and Part III were also good, if not quite so much as Part I, but I think they're all three a great trilogy. I'm probably gonna get the 30th anniversary set.

I went to high school with this one girl, Jennifer, who could recite BTTF, line for line, in time. Why I never asked her out is beyond me.

Woah, woah, what's with the Part II hate? I mean yeah, it doesn't stack up to Part I, but Back to the Future was an Oscar-winner. I mean, a really good movie. It's hard to compare. Part II and Part III were also good, if not quite so much as Part I, but I think they're all three a great trilogy. I'm probably gonna get the 30th anniversary set.

I went to high school with this one girl, Jennifer, who could recite BTTF, line for line, in time. Why I never asked her out is beyond me.

You need a time machine to go back in time to convince your high school self to ask her out.

LoL! I dunno... For me, it felt way out of sync with the other two. The second film replaced the actors for two obvious characters: Marty's Dad and girlfriend. The make-up wasn't as good, and having MJF play almost every member of his future family was just too ridiculous. I know part of the charm of BttF is the comedy, and the first movie was smart about it. The second movie just decided to be dumb. I also thought that stupidity bled into the predictions of the future, making BttF's version of 2015 lame. One could argue that those lame predictions were pretty accurate :lol: but the flip side of that is the movie lost some of its entertainment value for me.

BttF is something that could stand the test of time, IMO. If BttF were done today, I'm not sure that much would change. But if BttF II and III were done today, they would be two totally different comedy/adventure films. Personally, I would like to see more Doc Brown, more flying cars, and more flying car traffic jams (which Doctor Who ended up pulling off beautifully in New Who). And, if future Biff "the gangster" needs to be a thing, then he needs to have more of a point. I think that's why I like the third film and go easy on it: even though it was still goofy, it brought back much of what I thought was missing in the second.

I like the second film much more then the third, but yes, obviously, it wasn't as good as the first. The thing I wanted to mention was that the excellent Back to the Future game by TellTale, the folks that made the award winning Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead games, is getting a re-release on PS4, X1, and PC. I have the original version downloaded on my 360, which is in my closet, so I'll definitely be buying this new version, updated visuals, smoother performance, and they got the original actor for Biff to re-record all the Biff dialogue in the game, the original VA for Biff was okay, but having the real deal Biff is quite awesome.

Guest davidwhangchoi

I wonder which is better: back to the future 2 or ghostbusters 2

Maybe they'll reboot back to the future again with marty being a black or asian girl.

I have the 25th bluray why is there a need for this?

I wonder which is better: back to the future 2 or ghostbusters 2

Maybe they'll reboot back to the future again with marty being a black or asian girl.

I have the 25th bluray why is there a need for this?

Back To The Future 2 is MUCH better. At the very least, they stayed true to what worked in the first movie, without trying to "evolve" it. [Or put another way, I don't mind watching BttF2, whereas Gb2 is a chore full of cringe-worthy moments.]

Edited by sketchley

Back To The Future 2 is MUCH better. At the very least, they stayed true to what worked in the first movie, without trying to "evolve" it. [Or put another way, I don't mind watching BttF2, whereas Gb2 is a chore full of cringe-worthy moments.]

Neither one is good, but I find BF2 to be almost unwatchable.

The version of 2015 they arrived in made sense to me. It was calculated from the probabilities up to 1985. So, if the universe also skipped the time between 1985-2015, that's what 2015 would be like. It would look like a joke and the inaccuracies would increase the further into the future they went. Add back in the actual state of the universe from 1985-2015 and they could then arrive in the 2015 of their timeline.

The way I see it, GB2 and BttF2 both failed because they kept to the same formula. Weaver's character, Dana, ends up going back to the Ghostbusters again to ask for help which sets the stage for the second story. I don't see any evolution in the writing for GB2. I see it as a comedy pun that Ramis and Aykroyd made using the same tropes from the first film. But this time, instead of Gozer and a haunted hotel the audience got Vigo and a haunted painting. Instead of Rick Moranis's lovable, goofy character that gets possessed along with Weaver's character, we got Peter MacNicol as the human antagonist.

And instead of a marshmallow man and "crossing the streams" we got the statue of liberty covered in purple goo...

Even so, I could probably watch it again. :lol: I was more disappointed in BttF 2.

The long and the short of it is that BttF2 actually has a reasonable excuse about why it wasn't as good as BttF3 - it was made back-to-back with Part 3. Even the director is on record saying that he regrets not being able to put more time into it, due to having his attention split between the filming of part 3 and the post production of part 2.

Does that absolve pt 2 of all its problems? No -some of them are script level. But at least there's a reason for some of them.

Does Ghostbusters 2 have a reason?

Edited by sketchley

Also, they had to follow on from the first movie's ending. They readily admit they didn't WANT to do a future story with Marty's kid, but they HAD to because the first movie promised it.

Having MJF play four roles in BF2 was just lazy. They didn't have him playing his own father, why why is he playing his own kids? It's not interesting and is little more than a sight gag.

Luckily per contracts there will never be a remake or sequel as long as Zemeckis is alive and he continues to say no.

I think a reboot could of worked but it would have to be a homage to the original film. My idea would be teen going back to 1985 from 2015 with the total zaniness of the 1980s that even back then expected a far out future than we currently have.

Part of the problem is that no technology now would be especially shocking in 1985. A smartphone would have zero wifi or mobile networks to connect to, and possibly through the power of movie magic "might" believably connect to a cellular network from the era to make calls. But even that wouldn't bewilder the people of '85. For the most part, a smartphone would be written off as a calculator, and would provide none of the shock value of the walkman in the original.

The most extreme to hope for would be an app that connects to ancient mobile networks, and emulates a dial-up modem to hack 1985 era computers. That however is stupid, and would be used at best to change Marty's parents class schedules or grades.

BttF just wouldn't have the same culture shock value with travelling back to the 80's.

Well, it isn't all bad. As noted previously, BttF does what it intended.

I think the problem is when one compares it to more modern day films, which use different techniques and updated effects. Add to that the fact that the 1980s portion is showing its age, but isn't considered old-fashioned enough to be as classic as the 1950s piece, and it becomes a bit more of an enigmatic study. Still, I like two thirds of the series enough to deal with the one third that bugs me. ;)