1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

This is funny, I was just starting to think, I want one of the Yamato VF-4. Being that it was rare and somewhat hard to obtain. But now that its going to be produced again and no longer rare, and easily attainable.

Now I don't want it... :ph34r:

Mr.K's recent tweets:

https://twitter.com/Mrk_arcadia/status/651210402513092608

久しぶり。その1。 こんなに薄かったのね(笑)

post-5552-0-47354600-1444110774_thumb.jpg

https://twitter.com/Mrk_arcadia/status/651242451437420544

久しぶり2。 コクピット周りの変形。バトね。

post-5552-0-70823700-1444110785_thumb.jpg

Edited by no3ljm

Would someone ask if they could possibly adjust the cockpit so the pilot doesn't slide back and forth? The instrument panel is way too far forward.

If they're making new molds, now would be the time to fix that. Otherwise, carve out the pilot's mold and give him enough of a butt to stay put. :p

Both being 1/60 scale, VF-0 was an oversized craft and the VF-4 was larger than the VF-1. The two are pretty close in terms of size and hence the high original price tag.

And yes, its gray is exactly identical to Arcadia VF-0A Shin, so I think we should expect the same colour as Yamato's, but then the final production colour may still differ from official stock photos.

Edited by calubin_175

I hope this is a sign from Arcadia start milking some molds. Weird move thought. I wonder if M&M Vf-1J's aren't more profitable than the VF-4.

By the time the VF-4 was expensive, with the production cost already justified I'd bet the re-release of some VF-1 (VT, 1D, any super variants) would have been a better choice.

Edited by Froy

Would someone ask if they could possibly adjust the cockpit so the pilot doesn't slide back and forth? The instrument panel is way too far forward.

If they're making new molds, now would be the time to fix that. Otherwise, carve out the pilot's mold and give him enough of a butt to stay put. :p

A tiny bit of blue tack on the seat or pilot's rear end will keep them in place when whooshing around. I mean really tiny; almost microscopic is all that's really needed.

I've had to blue tack pilots for the VF-4, VF-0D, and VF-19s to keep them from tossing around the cockpit.

This is funny, I was just starting to think, I want one of the Yamato VF-4. Being that it was rare and somewhat hard to obtain. But now that its going to be produced again and no longer rare, and easily attainable.

Now I don't want it... :ph34r:

What's all this about no longer rare and easily attainable. I think pre-order window was pretty long the first time, but once pre-orders were closed it was hard to get. I recall some pre-orders didn't get filled by HLJ. At least thats what happened to my brother. I don't know if there was any stock left when it actually released either. Maybe someone can weigh in on that.

If anyone missed it the first time I would err on the side of caution and don't assume you will be able to get online and order it whenever you finally decide to pull the trigger. It may not be available if you hesitate to long.

If I remember correctly, the original release did come with skull markings for the tails, or at least the black backgrounds.

I think it comes with black stickers that cover the entire side and skull stickers. It has both. I'd have to double check, but I think that is correct.

Some pics from T-REX

These two really goes well together... color-wise. ;)

I wonder what Bandai will release to try to counter this...

A pink VF-19 Advance? Or a VF-25G reissue? Which one you'll prefer? ;)

If I remember correctly, the original release did come with skull markings for the tails, or at least the black backgrounds.

Yup. It comes with black background stickers and a separate skull stickers. :)

I hope this is a sign from Arcadia start milking some molds. Weird move thought. I wonder if M&M Vf-1J's aren't more profitable than the VF-4.

By the time the VF-4 was expensive, with the production cost already justified I'd bet the re-release of some VF-1 (VT, 1D, any super variants) would have been a better choice.

We just need to wait and see. ;)

A tiny bit of blue tack on the seat or pilot's rear end will keep them in place when whooshing around. I mean really tiny; almost microscopic is all that's really needed.

I've had to blue tack pilots for the VF-4, VF-0D, and VF-19s to keep them from tossing around the cockpit.

+1 for blue tack.

I haven't used any of the blue tacks on toys yet. But using them, do they leave sticky residues on the plastic or diecast? Thanks! ;)

indeed, is there any license issue to make the FB 2012 ver? thx

Yes. There is. Not sure what's the real deal but from what I remember, Big West is not approving any Flashback themed VF-4G since it didn't transformed in the Flashback video. So nobody really knows what that Valk really looks like in Gerwalk and Battroid. That's why Yamato based the VF-4G from the PSX Macross Digital Mission game. And just include some Skull stickers to mimics Hikaru's VF-4G.

I think given the popularity of this VF-4 toy, there's a good possibility that they'll milk it for alternate colors schemes.

Hmmm. M&M from the M3 game perhaps? ;) Regarding this Dreamcast game, who owns the right for those color variants?

These two really goes well together... color-wise. ;)

A pink VF-19 Advance? Or a VF-25G reissue? Which one you'll prefer? ;)

Yup. It comes with black background stickers and a separate skull stickers. :)

We just need to wait and see. ;)

I haven't used any of the blue tacks on toys yet. But using them, do they leave sticky residues on the plastic or diecast? Thanks! ;)

Nope. None of that for me haha.

Yes. There is. Not sure what's the real deal but from what I remember, Big West is not approving any Flashback themed VF-4G since it didn't transformed in the Flashback video. So nobody really knows what that Valk really looks like in Gerwalk and Battroid. That's why Yamato based the VF-4G from the PSX Macross Digital Mission game. And just include some Skull stickers to mimics Hikaru's VF-4G.

Now that the VF-4G has been released....if the concern is over "transformation" then just handle it like they handled the VF-X release...which also should not be able to "transform".... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

vf-x-lineart.gif

BW is just charging too much for the license in 1/60-ish scale...........or maybe Bandai already snatched it? :)

Edited by jvmacross

I think given the popularity of this VF-4 toy, there's a good possibility that they'll milk it for alternate colors schemes.

I sure hope so.

Regardless of what is or is not hard to get, I wouldn't mind seeing the 4G Skull Squadron schemes that were posted earlier or some other new paint scheme to mix things up.