1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

got my today! loving it! posted my review in the macross reviews section. glad i wanted for the reissue.

Great review mustang1. ;)

How's the missiles so far? I know you don't have the Yamato version before but from what you can see, is it loose or tight whenever you handle the valk? Also, the pilot figure, does it look like how Arcadia do it nowadays? More proportioned and not gummy looking? And you mentioned on your review that the pilot fits perfectly does that mean when you close the canopy and swoosh it around, does the figure move a lot or not? The previous pilot figure on the Yamato tends to move a lot when handled.

Thanks in advance.

Is this the same colour as the 0D? Love the jet mode, but not too keen on that bot.

Mind you I still haven't changed the 0D yet. Simply love it in jet mode.

Unless Arcadia went colorblind, there's no way this is the same color as the 0D. I'd say closer to the 0A.

At this point, what appears to be the best stand for this specific valk? I know there's a display thread, but figured folks that have been following this thread have already crossed this bridge. I was leaning towards one of Yeti's stands for the moment... I know it has its own adapters so it would have to fit those, too.

Ouch. If you are within your 10-day window, HLJ should offer you a refund due to the broken tip on that vertical stabilizer.

So...after seeing so many pictures of Arcadia's 4G hanging at odd angles (even upside down), I'm getting the impression that the conformal missiles attach tighter than they do on the Yamato version. My Yamato 4G drops its missiles if I sneeze in the same room, so I'm thinking of picking this one up to have a second "clean" copy. I'll then modify the Yamato one so that everything fits better.

Yeah you knew it, so same or not? Pics would be awesome when anyone can.

And if you got it the 1S next to it!

Close enough. No3ljm's pics of the 0A with the Yamato VF-4G in the 0A thread. If it's a straight up re-release the Arcadia's colors on the VF-4G should be the same.

post-7577-0-85813800-1456507564_thumb.jpg

post-7577-0-34697300-1456509539_thumb.jpg

Edited by wmkjr

Ouch. If you are within your 10-day window, HLJ should offer you a refund due to the broken tip on that vertical stabilizer.

So...after seeing so many pictures of Arcadia's 4G hanging at odd angles (even upside down), I'm getting the impression that the conformal missiles attach tighter than they do on the Yamato version. My Yamato 4G drops its missiles if I sneeze in the same room, so I'm thinking of picking this one up to have a second "clean" copy. I'll then modify the Yamato one so that everything fits better.

this!

I just got mine, it's beautiful, but... I e-mailed HLJ, not expecting much given recent customer service issues... Maybe Arcadia can send me the part? Pardon my mad camera skills - I was distraught :p.

That happened to me on one of my VF-4G. And it's my fault and it's bought it from other members so there's nothing I can do but to fix it. Small dab of super glue. ;) And to be honest, that's the only feature I really hate on every Valks who has it. They're too fragile. VF-4G. VF-0's. :unsure:

Close enough. No3ljm's pics of the 0A with the Yamato VF-4G in the 0A thread. If it's a straight up re-release the Arcadia's colors on the VF-4G should be the same.

attachicon.gifvf0a_vf4g_grey.jpg

attachicon.gifvf0a_vf4g_grey2.jpg

Wait. So the grey doesn't have a pink hue on it? :D

That happened to me on one of my VF-4G. And it's my fault and it's bought it from other members so there's nothing I can do but to fix it. Small dab of super glue. ;) And to be honest, that's the only feature I really hate on every Valks who has it. They're too fragile. VF-4G. VF-0's. :unsure:

Bummer that happened to yours, but I'm happy you were able to fix it. If I could get away with doing that I would, but it was like that out of the box, new :(. The little piece is nowhere to be found. I opened it over a dark table, if it had fallen off I'd have found it. The figure itself is pretty beefy, but the extremities are rather frail or brittle feeling.

It's hard to believe it's a transforming toy with how amazing fighter mode looks... Not messing with that until HLJ hollars back though.

I have transformed my Arcadia VF-4G. It is fun and everything locks into place. The only annoying moments were the missiles and the cockpit mechanism but it is not terrible either.

I personally will love to have Bandai's tampo on my Arcadia models but it could be worse too. So I am very happy with my purchase and now I will probably stop buying Macross figures until the beautiful VF-31 come out. :wub:

post-9504-0-00795600-1456563633_thumb.jpg