1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

Wow.

Mr.K trolls us with the 27k-yen pricing that we thought will be the msrp, but Arcadia actually set it up so that it'll be at least 27k even after usual po-discounts.

Geezus.

Now I'm reassessing whether to even bother with it.

Still too damn expensive.

Edited by treatment

$307 AUD. Ouch. Still went for it though.

I remember the days when the Aussie Dollar was on parity with the US Dollar. Seems like a very long time ago but I think it was only about a year. This exchange rate hurts. It helps to know that the Yen was much stronger then too, though. Our dollar seems to match the Yen pretty closely, actually.

Does anyone know much HLJ charges for shipping to the U.S. ?

They have ems , express and 2 other options but would like to be sure before hitting the order button for this Valk , since their page says no info for the moment on shipping till it's available. Any info appreciated, thanks!

Does anyone know much HLJ charges for shipping to the U.S. ?

They have ems , express and 2 other options but would like to be sure before hitting the order button for this Valk , since their page says no info for the moment on shipping till it's available. Any info appreciated, thanks!

My last few Valks (0D, 0A, YF-29B) were roughly $25-30.00 for EMS Express, pretty good in my book.

Wow.

Mr.K trolls us with the 27k-yen pricing that we thought will be the msrp, but Arcadia actually set it up so that it'll be at least 27k even after usual po-discounts.

If you're referring to the price on Amiami, it's because they add in the 8% Japanese consumption tax before subtracting the PO discount, which they have at only 6%. So yeah it's over 27k on Amiami because of Amiami's shenanigans.

Japanese consumption tax isn't supposed to apply to international purchases like this. Amiami is the only online retailer I know that adds it in their price.

It's exactly 27k on HLJ with no PO discount.

It's still 27K, which was the tentative price from Arcadia. It's just a matter of which online retailers, if any, will give a discount. Going by HLJ and the preorder discount reduction from the 0-A to the 0-S I'm guessing maybe a 5% discount (not including tax added) might be the most we'll see from anyone, if that.

Edit: Unless Big in Japan or Nippon Yasan pulls some kinda magic strings.

Edited by wmkjr

Just like the 0S, no po-discounts on the 4G from HLJ.

It'll be 27k-yen.

Even if AE or NY offers any discount, they'll most likely make up the difference by jacking the shipping-fees.

Unfortunate coz HLJ at 27k-yen will be the one who will offer the least-expensive shipping-fees among all japan-shops.

The only way to save on this is to go pw or ship-later (N-Y ?) on the shipping-fees. Or the exchange-rate goes 40-1 against the yen in favor of the US-dollar by Feb.

Oy vey...

Their shipping prices are pricey though. The 0S was 15% off I believe. But the shipping prices via EMS wasn't worth it for me. I think it was 6800yen for 2 via EMS.

They also have a fedex option which is cheaper than ems, the shipping for 2 VF-0a was 4700 yen.

Guest davidwhangchoi

They also have a fedex option which is cheaper than ems, the shipping for 2 VF-0a was 4700 yen.

i did fedex too for 2x 0A for 4700 but for the 0s they raised the shipping price so it was about 5700yen for 2x and 3000 yen for 1 0s

Guest davidwhangchoi

Was this Fedex shipping rate with HLJ?

no i'm just responding to F360 about biginjapan raising their fedex rate which was insanely low for the 0A

Hmm, I forgot about that. I ordered one 0A and it was 2800yen via Fedex. So NY and BIJ is almost comparable pricing wise.

Edited by wmkjr

Guest davidwhangchoi

Ah ok, sorry I am dealing with a headache and I am out of sorts at the moment. Did you PO 3x?

yea! how bout you? if you order 3x, it'll make your headache go away :p

Was this Fedex shipping rate with HLJ?

If it helps I ordered 2 0A's , a Vilikiss, 5 different modeling tweezers and tools, and the VF-22 Master files book and the shipping via fedex was 5370yen.

If it helps I ordered 2 0A's , a Vilikiss, 5 different modeling tweezers and tools, and the VF-22 Master files book and the shipping via fedex was 5370yen.

Mahalo wmkjr! That gives me a rough estimate. You'd think I have been at this Valk ordering for a while I would have everything figured out. :wacko::blink:

You know what they say " A PO a day keeps your $$$ away :p ". 2 valks via Fedex would probably be the same 4700yen.

One thing I find interesting about Fedex shipping is the shipping routes. I had to wait an extra 2 days because the package went to the hub here, then the mainland, then back here to the warehouse then out for delivery. I guess they do that for efficiency?

Edited by wmkjr

You know what they say " A PO a day keeps your $$$ away :p ". 2 valks via Fedex would probably be the same 4700yen.

One thing I find interesting about Fedex shipping is the shipping routes. I had to wait an extra 2 days because the package went to the hub here, then the mainland, then back here to the warehouse then out for delivery. I guess they do that for efficiency?

That is really strange, there then off to the mainland, only return to the island a few days later. My experience with Fedex is; if I goes through Alaska, it heading to Memphis and it will arrive a couple days later. <_<

It's most likely custom clearance requirement that rerouted your packages. It can get sent to your regular station before getting cleared, and the station will sent it back because they can't delivery any packages with out clearance.