1/60 Perfect Transform VF-4G Lightning reissue.

Gakken85

That FB2012 scheme looks great! Gives me some ideas about how I'd do it. I was questioning the light blue accents and now that I see it, I don't love it. I think I'd need to paint over them. Also, I'm thinking the brown represents a metallic that couldn't really be rendered well in all the drawings we've seen of the original. I'm thinking the VF-25F feet would be a nice match.

Would folks be interested in a list of all the differences between the VF-X version (what we get from Arcadia) and the FB2012 version? I've compiled a list of all the changes I've seen so far. Happy to open a new thread to show what I've got and leave it up to others to fill in any blanks I've got.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know if this thing's arms rotate all the way around? I mean, I know the toy's arms don't, but I was wondering if there are line arts or sketches or specs that show it.

None that I know of. But based on your question, are you asking if the arm's rotate all around on purpose? Like if there's an enemy on his rear something?

None that I know of. But based on your question, are you asking if the arm's rotate all around on purpose? Like if there's an enemy on his rear something?

Yeah, I mean, so it can point or shoot up, or whatever. Like jenius said. I'm wondering if it's just a limitation of the toy or if it's designed that way a la Kawamori. I don't really care either way, just curious.

Yeah, I mean, so it can point or shoot up, or whatever. Like jenius said. I'm wondering if it's just a limitation of the toy or if it's designed that way a la Kawamori. I don't really care either way, just curious.

Well, there's a joint in the shoulder underneath the body. But, it's that same body that hinders the shoulder to move freely.

• 4 weeks later...

Ordered one! At that price its a no brainer :) this will be my 2nd one

Like you said, it's a no brainer. But I still don't know why I ordered my 3rd one. Hahaha! :lol:

Now the question is, should I open this one or one of the Yamatos?

I say open the cheapest one. ;)

Now the question is, should I open this one or one of the Yamatos?

I thk open the arcadia and keep the yamato MISB. After all you wont get another yamato label release...

Plus, Yamato's box i would say is more nostalgic and nicer looking with the fighter and 30th anni logo than arcadia's...

But of course we aren't buying it for the box eh...

Like you said, it's a no brainer. But I still don't know why I ordered my 3rd one. Hahaha! :lol:

I say open the cheapest one. ;)

I know why I went for it...cos the bell SALE rang...

post-15116-0-77024400-1465791425.jpg

I know why I went for it...cos the bell SALE rang...

You're third one as well? ;)

That makes 3 for me. Glad I picked up one of each color skull stickers for the stabilizers. Now I can have an entire VF-4 Skull squadron. :)

Wait. No love for Ben... er... Kakizaki? :rolleyes:

If you open this one and there's something wrong with it, you can contact HLJ. So I would say open the Arcadia one

Ditto. +1

OK, thats a killer deal. Its hard to swallow, but I'm taking one for the team. Oh well...ordered :lol:

Third one too? ;)

Edit:

Low Stock people! So better get one now before it's gone again. ;)

Edited by no3ljm

All these sales. Is it me or does there seem to be a lot more on offer (definitely a lot more I want) compared to the last few years? It felt like suddenly there was a wave of people chasing the same thing (and selling out) so nothing much was worth getting a couple years back and since last year more of the popular stuff have stayed in stock and even managed to hit the sales bin.

All these sales. Is it me or does there seem to be a lot more on offer (definitely a lot more I want) compared to the last few years? It felt like suddenly there was a wave of people chasing the same thing (and selling out) so nothing much was worth getting a couple years back and since last year more of the popular stuff have stayed in stock and even managed to hit the sales bin.

I'd dare say the price of the valks gave second thoughts in buying them. It never being out of stock on HLJ since release.

Way too good of a price, had to pick up a second. Good excuse to start applying decals to the first one!

Dead men don't fly VF-4s! :lol:

Agreed. ;) But I'm just teasing Lolicon since he said, he can now have the entire 'VF-4 Skull Squadron'. Which he bought from Takatoys. And from what you see, there's no available 'green' color. But there's that 'yellow'. And the guy who's using that color is a dead man too. :ph34r:

That makes 3 for me. Glad I picked up one of each color skull stickers for the stabilizers. Now I can have an entire VF-4 Skull squadron. :)

vfwing4.jpeg